The Waiting for Belli Blues

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The topic of this thread is: what can we do to make the waiting for a Belli home more pleasant, for those who must wait?

Let's face it, we're beginning to act like a cloud of locusts, both inworld and here in the forums.  Personally, I feel that I've learned a couple of things over the past week.

1.  There are people whose schedules just do not permit them to babysit a refreshing screen, so unless they are EXTREMELY lucky, they won't be getting a Bellisseria home until the demand dies down and homes stay on the land page for a few minutes at a time.  No amount of discussing will change that, because:

2.  The Lindens will not be changing the land menu process by which one gets a Belli home.  Ain't happening.  Patch, Abnor and others have weighed in, and regardless of the merits of other methods, they just don't see themselves diverting resources to do it.  They are building out the continent as quickly as they can.  My private prayer is that they continue to do so without compromising quality.

In RL, people can celebrate in the midst of absolute disaster.  They write blues songs about it.  They gather to sing and dance.  They make fantastic meals out of nothing.  They make "I survived" tshirts and art.

Can we pull ourselves together to celebrate this?  Can we make a coffeehouse somewhere specifically for the Belli Blues?  Can we make the best clothes (oh god no more tshirts!) ever for it?  Can we throw a party at the fairgrounds specifically for hopefully soon-to-be Belli neighbors?  Let's brainstorm about it.

Woke up this morning

Auto-refresh went ping

Tripped on my duvet

My arthritis started to sing

OHHHH

That houseboat went quickly

Never got one myself

Say I'll hang it up this morning

Put that keyboard on its shelf!

Changing my name to Taj Mahal, y'all. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Well MY plan announced long ago  was to make a halfway house for all the folks waiting where they could gather and make friends kinda like the olden days at New Citizens Incorporated.   

But of course there was that fatal flaw in that ----  "I" couldn't get a house to make into  the halfway house.  :SwingingFriends:    If someone HAS an EMPTY house (yes, there are a fair amount) and would like to make a group where I could have build rights, I am still very willing to do the work.  

That is my only positive suggestion. I deleted the not so positive part before hitting that submit button LOL.

• Like 12

These are both great ideas! 

I can't find anything about how to enter the raffle on The Bellisserian website, Kitten, is it only there right before you do a drawing?   Did someone donate the houseboats?  I ask because I'm thinking of hitting up the Lindens to donate a couple of houses for a group to administer for short-term loans to the Belli homeless for the same purpose, to get them some time to decorate, and to hang out in Belli.

Chic, that's superb!  It would be even better if it wasn't a small plot, but was something a little larger, that could be set up with more than one area.   There are of course various folks who have made gathering spots in their homes, coffeehouses and the like, but I really love the idea of a pre-resident clubhouse.  I wonder if the Moles have something sitting around that they'd be willing to put on a parcel or two for us. 

They're not going to change the region release process, but perhaps they might be willing to help in other ways.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

There are of course various folks who have made gathering spots in their homes, coffeehouses and the like, but I really love the idea of a pre-resident clubhouse.  I wonder if the Moles have something sitting around that they'd be willing to put on a parcel or two for us.

In the old homes, there is for each theme a sort of welcome/ info hub in each area. People seemed to always be hanging out there, even now. To my knowledge, there's no welcome center/clubhouse type thing in an official form on Bellisseria? Or have I missed that.. the old ones are marked with the circled i info icon on the map. Something like that feels like is missing. Of course those public places were actually a full region done as a park, so maybe the new land is simply too much at a premium to "waste" right now. This has probably come up somewhere, but I missed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morena Tully said:

In the old homes, there is for each theme a sort of welcome/ info hub in each area. People seemed to always be hanging out there, even now. To my knowledge, there's no welcome center/clubhouse type thing in an official form on Bellisseria? Or have I missed that.. the old ones are marked with the circled i info icon on the map. Something like that feels like is missing. Of course those public places were actually a full region done as a park, so maybe the new land is simply too much at a premium to "waste" right now. This has probably come up somewhere, but I missed it.

There are "community" areas. I made a long list of all the original regions and the "Mole Added Areas" as well as the houseboat atoll and a few of the newer places. In the permanent links on my blog. But it is way to messy and too much work to keep that up with releases every few days. There are some nice places but since Bellisseria isn't really REGIONAL the way the old Linden homes are, there are not the same sort of "hubs". Folks hang out at different citizen public places -- bars and coffee houses and bookstores and such, but nothing Linden made. 

Patch stated that there was going to be a large community area with the trailers and that might be something like you are thinking of.  I don't think it is a "land is at a premium" issue as there are plenty of large areas that are for the community -- the new regions have some huge ones; more it is a difference in the focus, this being more organic and like real life and less the different themes like Meadowbrook with one central community area.   

My list is here:  https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/p/bellisseria-public-places.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

There are "community" areas. I made a long list of all the original regions and the "Mole Added Areas" as well as the houseboat atoll and a few of the newer places. In the permanent links on my blog. But it is way to messy and too much work to keep that up with releases every few days. There are some nice places but since Bellisseria isn't really REGIONAL the way the old Linden homes are, there are not the same sort of "hubs". Folks hang out at different citizen public places -- bars and coffee houses and bookstores and such, but nothing Linden made. 

Patch stated that there was going to be a large community area with the trailers and that might be something like you are thinking of.  I don't think it is a "land is at a premium" issue as there are plenty of large areas that are for the community -- the new regions have some huge ones; more it is a difference in the focus, this being more organic and like real life and less the different themes like Meadowbrook with one central community area.   

My list is here:  https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/p/bellisseria-public-places.html

yeah, am aware of the many wonderful public places, they're literally on every region, which is awesome.. but one official center seems like it'd be easier to send someone a LM to, or better yet find in a search. I'm not complaining, I'm in love with the continent. But it'd be an easy way for the waiters to have a misery loves company gathering :D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

These are both great ideas! 

I can't find anything about how to enter the raffle on The Bellisserian website, Kitten, is it only there right before you do a drawing?   Did someone donate the houseboats?  I ask because I'm thinking of hitting up the Lindens to donate a couple of houses for a group to administer for short-term loans to the Belli homeless for the same purpose, to get them some time to decorate, and to hang out in Belli.

Under archives  - Bellisserian welcomes you raffle  https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/editiontwo

Drawing is monthly, to let people have at least 30 days or so to play with houseboat living & yes the houseboats were donated by the staff at the Bellisserian ;)

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Thanks 4

I have the Stormy Cottage Inn on Domingos ready for people to set home to if need be. Looks like a regular house but anyone can set home there  or open boxes. You can contact me, or Dream (larisapixel) in world for a group invite to the land and become a part of the community until you get a house.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

That was the awesome-est thing I've read in a long time, @Nika Talaj, ROFL. It's good to see someone whose reality check hasn't bounced. 😛

Humming the hook as I return to work--

"Woke up this morning, Auto-refresh went ping..."

(Cue the Taj Maha-lesque banjo riff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH6dBumSSR4)

Edited by Pietro Eberhardt
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Just remembered, there is also the Bellisseria Squatters group.  Gonna join that just to see what they find helpful.

For a while there I believe there were a bunch of griefers in that one(unless it was a similarly named group). Haven't seen much of them lately though, so maybe they've moved on.

• Like 3

On 7/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Well MY plan announced long ago  was to make a halfway house for all the folks waiting where they could gather and make friends kinda like the olden days at New Citizens Incorporated.   

But of course there was that fatal flaw in that ----  "I" couldn't get a house to make into  the halfway house.  :SwingingFriends:    If someone HAS an EMPTY house (yes, there are a fair amount) and would like to make a group where I could have build rights, I am still very willing to do the work.  

That is my only positive suggestion. I deleted the not so positive part before hitting that submit button LOL.

Just a note that this is happening -- or at least a VERSION of this :D  . 

Two weeks ish or SOON.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just a note that this is happening -- or at least a VERSION of this :D  . 

Two weeks ish or SOON.

So... in a few months maybe? I'm kidding! I'm kidding!

( Oooooor am I? >.> )

I'm actually very interested to see what this version looks like if your pics elsewhere in the forum are any indication of what we might expect. :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

So... in a few months maybe? I'm kidding! I'm kidding!

( Oooooor am I? >.> )

I'm actually very interested to see what this version looks like if your pics elsewhere in the forum are any indication of what we might expect. :D 

nooooo. MY soon really IS soon. Most likely sooner than two weeks; starting tomorrow. Should be fun.      Had another offer of a house just this morning so we'll see if I have any energy left after this one *wink*.   This one is a colonial style in a lovely location.    Will of course unveil when completed.    

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

nooooo. MY soon really IS soon. Most likely sooner than two weeks; starting tomorrow. Should be fun.      Had another offer of a house just this morning so we'll see if I have any energy left after this one *wink*.   This one is a colonial style in a lovely location.    Will of course unveil when completed.    

You can start a chain of halfway homes. Oh! And leave flyers or posters in the not-for-profit/fake businesses to promote! Oh oh! AND get together with the tour guides to tour from halfway home to halfway home! OMG this could sell itself! … in a not-for-profit, no one actually makes any money, it's just a great rallying idea to give the soon-to-be-Bellisserian residents more immersion than... well what's already there, way?

/me clearly needs to drink more coffee.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Forgot a word... *hangs head in shame*
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, RaeLeeH said:

You can start a chain of halfway homes. Oh! And leave flyers or posters in the not-for-profit/fake businesses to promote! Oh oh! AND get together with the tour guides to tour from halfway home to halfway home! OMG this could sell itself! … in a not-for-profit, no one actually makes any money, it's just a great rallying idea to give the soon-to-be-Bellisserian residents more immersion than... well what's already there?

/me clearly needs to drink more coffee.

Well the one I am starting on tomorrow is going to be a Blues Club with events and not REALLY a halfway house, but another community resource and get-together place and that is good.   I  was thinking that one of the trailer lots could be a fun halfway house with a wearable tent giver or wearable sleeping bags -    LOL.    I am yawning and will head back to bed soon but coffee will be in my future too --- eventually. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Four days with very few issues in the mix --  the new community Bellis Blues Cafe  -- coffeehouse and music venue is pretty much complete.  The BIG build which included new exterior siding came in at 36 li and pretty much fills the whole lot which was the plan. Some really pretty mullions for the windows add 3 LI each (OMG). I actually know how to do some tricks to make them 1 but I am tired and going to rest LOL.   

A very good experience with a great result. Big inventories are a good things sometimes :D.   Hope some of you get to enjoy it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Domingos/38/240/36

912628308_bellisbluesDayFour.thumb.jpg.26b28c88d317a5c03443cb9bf4801642.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Somethings happening ....

1928719144_BluesCafe_005.thumb.png.4d49370f82dfc94ce9d174af0c1508b4.png

...  more information coming soon.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.