What happened to me?, SL is totally fubroken!

Aaon Halasy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SL only loads my worn items, it can't find any of my clothes or any of my body parts.  Even animations don't work.  Nobody in-world knows what I'm talking about, but they aren't animating either.  What should I do?  I already tried everything I know of, like clearing my cache and going to Pooley, .. All my stuff looks like it's in my inventory, but SL says it can't find it?

For about a week, I had a similar or same issue to this.  I would log in, and get a stream of 5-10 messages saying each of the items I'm wearing can't be found.  I'd be standing as a white cloud waiting to load (however, others in the sim would see my avatar and clothing/appearance as normal, so that was reassuring).  I would try to open inventory or appearance window and add on or wear another item, for the same sort of *item cannot be found* message to appear, plus another spam of every item my avatar had on not being found.

Clearing my cache didn't work, then I thought to reinstall the SL viewer, and that was a mistake.  It would load, but the log in screen would be black, with no log in bar or SL news.  I was at my wits end all yesterday (Tuesday 9th July) trying to fix this.  The biggest issue being, that if SL had been running properly before, then in my head, my computer couldn't suddenly not be compatible or not meet requirements.

I'm glad I've came on here to read of this issue, and I've decided to try the Cool VL viewer (knowing that it's upto me to do it), and it now works!  So, I would be careful if your SL is running right now, since if you uninstall it and reinstall, you might get the same issue with not having a log in screen.

(This isn't to hijack the thread, only to add my own input and also to thank Fritigern Gothly for linking the thread that includes that alternative solution.

Edited by FellicityVixen
Made it less of a ramble

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.