I'm interested in Modeling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been interested in doing modeling work for SL for awhile, it seems really fun. I really enjoy the idea of getting see and try on other peoples work. Never pursued it as I didn't have a visually appealing avatar for a long time, in terms of current SL body standards. But, personally, I think I've gotten that part down now a days. Of course that is entirely up to whoever is hiring for that sort of thing. 

fd7f586fe7d3129a9290065cc8c7bd6b.png

b2f838f9add788ff3bdec35a86194383.png

I guess let me know if any is interested. I haven't used the SL forums in a long while XD.

11 hours ago, Cassidyflysnorth said:

Never pursued it as I didn't have a visually appealing avatar for a long time, in terms of current SL body standards.

I'm not entirely sure what those are. I made my avatars to appeal to my personal aesthetic preferences, not to appeal to others.

Someone should make a long-winded but detailed post about modelling in SL. The modelling bit itself isn't all that difficult, though I'd argue that it requires some building skills - aligning attachments to appear natural (earrings hanging down, if the pose tilts one's head, necklaces and bracelets hanging on the body rather than floating over or through it). But what is a model, really? Someone who's being given free stuff and have their ego stroked, possible but generally unlikely. A blogger who focuses on the blogging, fashion, avatar-styling, contact with creators and all that administrative stuff whilst outsourcing the picture-taking and/or editing to someone else, more probable. Someone who gets tricked into taking their clothes off whilst someone takes a few one-handed snapshots of dubious quality - seems to be what happens to most aspiring models, in my experience.

If you want to do a fashion blog and just want to outsource the photography and photo-editing, feel free to browse my Flickr and see if my style is to your taste. If you're looking for a thinly veiled sugaring relationship, happy hunting.

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

I'm not entirely sure what those are. I made my avatars to appeal to my personal aesthetic preferences, not to appeal to others.

Someone should make a long-winded but detailed post about modelling in SL. The modelling bit itself isn't all that difficult, though I'd argue that it requires some building skills - aligning attachments to appear natural (earrings hanging down, if the pose tilts one's head, necklaces and bracelets hanging on the body rather than floating over or through it). But what is a model, really? Someone who's being given free stuff and have their ego stroked, possible but generally unlikely. A blogger who focuses on the blogging, fashion, avatar-styling, contact with creators and all that administrative stuff whilst outsourcing the picture-taking and/or editing to someone else, more probable. Someone who gets tricked into taking their clothes off whilst someone takes a few one-handed snapshots of dubious quality - seems to be what happens to most aspiring models, in my experience.

If you want to do a fashion blog and just want to outsource the photography and photo-editing, feel free to browse my Flickr and see if my style is to your taste. If you're looking for a thinly veiled sugaring relationship, happy hunting.

i mean I tailored my avi to my own personal desires too. XD 

I don't know, I just enjoy the idea of people seeing my avatar. I worked hard on it. And as a mesh creator, (although novice), I enjoy seeing other peoples work. I don't really know what I was hoping for when I made this post to be honest. Just kinda tossed it out there.

There's nothing wrong with 'just kinda tossing it out there'. Sometimes, the best thing one can do is to throw stuff at the wall until something sticks. However, if you wan to show off your avatar (as many of us do), I'd suggest you either consider getting into SL photography yourself or that you consider the blogging route. I do like your style - a very similar top was a very early purchase for Neph:

Nephtyria

Edited by Orwar
Wasn't the same top, just nearly!

If you want to be seen, go where people look most, Flickr, Instagram, Facebook or Pixelvr.  What exactly is a blogger?  A model who takes pics and posts them across social media.  Some pursue sponsors for free items, others don't.  It's a matter of personal preference. The Blogger & Vlogger Network has some good information on how to take pics, free windlights, etc.  Don't worry about how your pics turn out, to start with. You'll get better with practice.   Looking back, my first pics are cringeworthy to me now. lol 

One of my first

At least I have popcorn

One of my more recent pics:

LOTD 125

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.