Sign in to follow this  
AshleyMarie Eberhardt

SLB16 Closed Early?

Has SLB16 closed a day early?  The event dates said that it was through today (the 8th) and I was there earlier today but cannot get to any of the sims anymore.

I'm a bit bummed because I got a late start going this year and was trying to cram seeing everything :(

LL messed up a bit. They said it ended July 8th, but they were thinking of the end as the time when they took the regions offline rather than when it closed to the public.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply... Lesson learned.  Shame that all the official communication incorrectly stated through the 8th.  Sad that I didn't get to see/do everything, but at least I got to see some.  Thanks again.

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/2506-announcing-“sl16b”-second-life’s-sweet-sixteen/

The dates of this year’s celebration will be June 20th, 2019 through - July 8th, 2019.

When i was online a bit earlier all the sims were quite busy still. hadn't taken much notice of when the shopping would end the sims have been more popular than the closing days of the other shop & hop events

A lot of the exhibits were removed yesterday as we were told the sims were going down on the 8th, so it was getting pretty empty. This caused a lot of confusion, so hopefully they'll sort that for next year.

Yes we got a message and it closed at noon with a "come get your stuff" edict :D. It was announced it would disappear today.

In contrast the Hop and Shop is still going VERY strong and we have no word when that might close. Maybe it will stay there as long as there are a lot of shoppers. That works for me!   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes we got a message and it closed at noon with a "come get your stuff" edict :D. It was announced it would disappear today.

In contrast the Hop and Shop is still going VERY strong and we have no word when that might close. Maybe it will stay there as long as there are a lot of shoppers. That works for me!   

That explains why things looked so thinned out :(  Thanks for mentioning the Shop and Hop -- I forgot about that!

• Like 1