*Poll* Which type of home are you waiting for on Bellisseria?

Skot Kinsella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am surprised that the campers/trailers rated so low compared to the other options. I know there has to be a "loser" but still. Makes me wonder what the predetermining factor is for choosing the top two options (if there was one specific reason at all); maybe it's the amount of land/yard space or something like that?

To live in a trailer is something rather special. Some may find that exotic and exciting, most will find it simply uncomfortabel - same as in RL. Campers I know in RL (and like! but only for the holiday!) come with built in furniture. So I wouldn't know how to furnish a trailer without buying lots of new furniture especially for that ... and I wouln't even know what to BUY.

That is the way I feel - and obviously quite a lot of people feel the same.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I am surprised that the campers/trailers rated so low compared to the other options. I know there has to be a "loser" but still. Makes me wonder what the predetermining factor is for choosing the top two options (if there was one specific reason at all); maybe it's the amount of land/yard space or something like that?

My guess is the land size - why have 512 when you can have 1024,  and perhaps the actual trailer size. It's a very small home compared to other themes and Medowbrook styles.  Otherwise maybe it's just not what people want - I'm not so sure people's idea of a dream home or at least a nice home to play with in SL is a trailer.

But of course we don't know how representative the poll really is. I imagine only a few people visit the forums compared to the general SL population, and the respondees may not be representative of the whole.  Online polls are known for being potentially problematic (I did stats and other subjects concerning polling at university level).

Not knocking the OP for doing the poll though, it's still interesting to see, so thanks:)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I am surprised that the campers/trailers rated so low compared to the other options. I know there has to be a "loser" but still.

That's a low number for the trailers.  It might be that caravans/trailers are not the go for the next batch release, given the number of people waiting  Maybe rurally cottages/cabins might be better for the mountain-ish inland regions, 1024s rather than 512s

i voted for a trailer (assuming a 512).  But I would rather have a brownstone terrace house on a 512 if that was possible

probably the number that makes me think the most, is the number of people who voted for the 4th option.  A vote for some unknown thing rather than a trailer

• Like 1

My bet is that the primary reason for the Campers/Trailers polling lower is the land size / LI.  However, given how small the inside of the Campers/Trailers are, I think they would only jump up a bit in preference if they were on 1024 sqm.  When the Houseboats and Traditional Houses were first previewed there were many people that commented in the forums that they felt cramped in them - thus surely they'd feel even more cramped in the Campers & Trailers.

Maybe the poll will encourage LL to maybe not go for a HUGE batch of those, but to initially put out a batch maybe smaller than originally planned and move on to the next theme. They can always do some more of the Campers a bit later.

• Like 4

They should have offered "doublewide" trailer homes on 1024 sqm.  Then they could live like so many poor people already do in the USA.

Campers, ie. take your home comforts to the state park for a week to "rough it", are fun for a week.  Permanent home, not that attractive.  Maybe they will offer 512 sqm igloos for the wintertime, and let you own 2 tiny homes with your 1024 tier.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have some friends who would love a doublewide, but they're a little too redneck for a pretty camp ground. Given the detail in some of these camper models coming out though I would dearly love to see what a doublewide or even RV would look like. The builds just keep getting better and better in my personal opinion. It will be interesting to see what the later styles will be!

Wow, I missed the poll, LOL.  It wasn't open for very long.

Anyway, if I had been able to vote, I would have voted for the camper/trailers.  I am eagerly awaiting for their release (and hoping I will be able to get one when they are released).  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.