" default sand texture "

Sorciaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking to make a cave at my new place. I got the arch and then made a platform over it. My problem now is matching the texture of the platform with the texture of the sim. I tested all the textures for sand that I can find in the texture folder but none seem to match.

Can someone point me to a place where I can grab this?

18 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

I am looking to make a cave at my new place. I got the arch and then made a platform over it. My problem now is matching the texture of the platform with the texture of the sim. I tested all the textures for sand that I can find in the texture folder but none seem to match.

Can someone point me to a place where I can grab this?

depends... if it's mainland the texture most likely is in your inventory library, it might look a bit different because land blends it's textures at several hights.
If you are on estate land, you can ask your landlord, he can have used a total different texture that he bought from a reseller or uploaded himself.

• Like 1

Not the default Texture folder, the Library Textures folder... try just searching inventory for "sand" and scroll to the bottom, there should be a bunch of "sand" textures listed in sub folders like "Terrain Textures - Undersea", "Terrain Textures", and "Terrain Textures - Primitive Island". 

I think there might be some other sandy terrain textures in Linden+Mole content packages... Zindra? Nautilus? so if the Library textures don't match, there may still be hope, we'd have to dig around.

• Like 1

It might help if you told us where your place is so we could take a look at it.

14 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I think there might be some other sandy terrain textures in Linden+Mole content packages... Zindra? Nautilus?

There aren't. I checked and the only sand texture in the content packages is the non-tileable Meadowbrooks House Aesthetics one.

There are other public domain sand textures in SL though. Linda Kellie made a few, there were a couple at the old Yadni's Junkyard, etc. You shuold find all of them here:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Keswick/135/143/2000

But of course, if it's not Mainland, there's a good chance it's a commercial or custom made texture and then it can be really hard to track down.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Winterfell City/83/179/28

I looked at those and grabbed several but none were the same.. one was pretty close though.

I IMed the land lady but have not heard back as of yet

Note that the SAME texture will not look the same when you compare prim or mesh to TERRAIN.  That may be the difference to what you are seeing. I am guessing that your "sand" is in the Library if you are on mainland. If estate -- then all bets are off :D. 

Ah I didn't note you were in Winterfell. Well as the estate owner what texture is used. You will still have a difference though -- assuming it is a custom texture. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.