child avatar swearing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Once upon a time you could get banned for swearing on G rated land .... 

by Whom ? the owner of the land or a Linden ? would seem a ridiculous use of Linden time and energy if it was the latter. Who would need to grief to disturb the piece, could just all start shouting (**&&^%^%$%*((&^&%$$$&*((&^&%$#@#@!@^*&*(())(&^%$$ and waste the time of LL on many regions at once. If the owner of the land, like anything their right to play that way, could be an Adult region and the owner could still not want people to swear.

It  was commented about blaming the parents? my experience with a Mum that does not swear much ever, probably ten times in 40+ years, that it is the learning from other children that makes kids little terrors :D it is why my Mum taught me about sex before some whackadoo kid could teach me nonsense, that just of course meant I was the school yard authority but I used my knowledge wisely, I just laughed at people getting it wrong, instead of telling them what was right.

You're all a flippin' bunch of freakin' boltholes, and I'm danged if I'm gonna sit here like an arsewipe and listen to you jerkin' me around like a Christly scut-pimpin' piece of slumgullion.

(Now let's see if all that makes it though the beast-humpin' LL censor engine.)

(IT DID!  Whee!!!!!)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You're all a flippin' bunch of freakin' boltholes, and I'm danged if I'm gonna sit here like an arsewipe and listen to you jerkin' me around like a Christly scut-pimpin' piece of slumgullion.

(IT DID!  Whee!!!!!)

...sends you her entire Oscar Brand record collection.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I wonder how many of Carlin's list of the seven words you can never say on television made it on to the censor. 

Any volunteers? 👼

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I wonder how many of Carlin's list of the seven words you can never say on television made it on to the censor. 

Any volunteers? 👼

I think there's only one that might slip through: *****. Which isn't a cuss word so SHOULD be OK. *hits ENTER to see*

ETA: LOL I want to cuss now but THAT will get bleeped too!

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Amber Mizser said:

just wondering because I have been told that child avatars are not going against the TOS of secondlife if they swear

While I am certain this has been said already and possibly in a somewhat more polite or veiled manner I will still restate it and as bluntly as possible: Child Avatars are not real children. At all. There are no clauses anywhere in the Terms of Service nor the Community Standards regulating anything about Child Avatars outside of the rather explicit ban on their interaction with Adult (sexual) material.

There are clauses regulating the acceptable language, actions and animations of all avatars contained within the Terms of Service and Community Standards however, these clauses are somewhat broken down by service section and - in the case of in world effects - region rating.

In the future you might try reading the terms of Service and Community Standards before posting a question concernng the behavior of any avatar.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Orwar said:

English swear words are just cute - especially across the pond where they're spoken in baby-speak.

I love English people swearing! Its like they say the most rude stuff but making it sound so polite. My personal favorite must be "you tw@t!"

During one of my visits to friends over there I have received proper swearing instruction (forgot most of it since it was late, in the pub), what confused me most was how you could call people from the south a certain word and its funny, but say the same to a northener, and its like the rudest thing to say. Or it was the other way around. Not sure anymore, have to experiment with that again next visit...

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
silly filter

Just now, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Child avatars smoking and drinking... Is that allowed?

SL parental guidance is somewhat lacking in many cases. Little heathens that they are :)

altho I was present at M-rated club when a child avatar accompanied by their SL father arrived.  The SL child then protested to their SL father that people present were swearing in the chat.  The SL father then proceeded to remonstrate the swearing people, that there was a child present and could people consider their SL child and modify their behaviour. The club host then modified the parent and child out of the club 😺 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

SL parental guidance is somewhat lacking in many cases. Little heathens that they are :)

altho I was present at M-rated club when a child avatar accompanied by their SL father arrived.  The SL child then protested to their SL father that people present were swearing in the chat.  The SL father then proceeded to remonstrate the swearing people, that there was a child present and could people consider their SL child and modify their behaviour. The club host then modified the parent and child out of the club 😺 

folks like those are the reason child avatars are almost never allowed anywhere - fo revey child avatar that behaves like a decent human being there is another one that thinks they have the god gven right to drag you into their roleplay

4 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

The SL father then proceeded to remonstrate the swearing people, that there was a child present and could people consider their SL child and modify their behaviour.

Ah, roleplay. Sounds like fun. Maybe next time I'll pay a visit as Padishah-Emperor of the Known Universe and have my Imperial Guard reprimand anyone who does not bow down to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Ah, roleplay. Sounds like fun. Maybe next time I'll pay a visit as Padishah-Emperor of the Known Universe and have my Imperial Guard reprimand anyone who does not bow down to me.

And we all know how well that went for Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV...

8 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

folks like those are the reason child avatars are almost never allowed anywhere - fo revey child avatar that behaves like a decent human being there is another one that thinks they have the god gven right to drag you into their roleplay

agree

The SL father in the roleplay sense should have hushed the child, and if the child never hushed, then force teleport them home and force sit them on the naughty stool, and then gone back to the club.  The club people would have thought that was a pretty good roleplay. But nah! the father never had the imagination to do something like this

5 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I love English people swearing! Its like they say the most rude stuff but making it sound so polite. My personal favorite must be "you tw@t!"

On a trip to England several years ago, a friend taught me the proper use of the great big C word as a devastating insult. I save it for special cases. 😉

There really is an art to is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.