My Avi is a puff of smoke, please help

BluTardis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday, when I went online, my avatar was a puff of white smoke. I tried changing clothes, going to a different location, rebooting, and nothing worked. My avatar just won't rez. I went online again today and nothing has changed. My avatar is still a puff and I see messages saying "replaced missing clothing/body part with default in the conversation box and in notifications there are loads of messages saying "Failed to find body part named... " I checked in my inventory and those items are still there. 

I'm not sure what to do. Please help.

2 answers to this question

You have discovered the phenomenon called "bake fail." Is the SL equivalent of the common cold.  The fluffy cloud is the default shape that your avatar takes until your viewer has received all of the parameters that define "you." Usually,  your viewer receives that information in a few seconds as you log in,  so the cloud disappears.  If you have trouble logging in,  or have an unstable connection,  you can be stuck in that cloud for ages as your avatar fails to bake. You can solve the problem in several ways. Simplest,  perhaps,  is to replace one of the four basic components of your avatar temporarily: your skin,  your shape,  your eyes,  or your hair base. You can also try replacing your entire avatar with one of the free avatars in your Library's clothing folder in inventory. 

If this is a chronic problem for you,  give serious attention to your internet connection. 

This is a known problem with Singularity viewer.

Notice that was sent to the Singularity Group.

About Failures to Rez
LL has shutdown a core part of their network that viewers relied on since the dawn of time. This is causing the issues that most of you are now reporting. Fear not, though, we have a release coming, but in the meantime we urge you all to use our nice and stable Test versions from http://singu.virtual-nexus.xyz/, the latest one is our most stable, most recent version.
We will have a new release  soon, but that will take some time. Stay Singular~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.