Is there a transfer/share limit for sending items to an offline user?

Waikeeki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If I'm sending gachas to an offline user, is there a limit to how many I can send before the user stops receiving them? And if so, what happens to the items? Are they just automatically deleted without notice, or will it give a warning and not let me send them?

6 answers to this question

As per the http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits :

Number of offline messages

Capped at 25 messages, unless the account has a Premium Subscription, in which case the cap raises to 50 messages.

Number of offline messages (involving IMs, inventory offers, group notices, group invitations) received before messages get capped. Note: If autoAcceptNewInventory (debug setting) is set to TRUE (the default is FALSE), then all inventory offers, even above 25 (or 50 in the case of Premium members), go directly to inventory and do not count against the cap on offline messages.

... so, the answer is: it depends, but generally not too many; Try to send items when person is online?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Waikeeki said:

If I'm sending gachas to an offline user, is there a limit to how many I can send before the user stops receiving them? And if so, what happens to the items? Are they just automatically deleted without notice, or will it give a warning and not let me send them?

If you are sharing inventory items with an offline avatar, there appears to be a throttle that once hit will  block the offline avatar from receiving any other inventory offers from you.
If you attempt to share an inventory with an offline avatar after the throttle has been hit, the no copy item will be gone from your inventory after you shared it, the offline avatar will never receive that no copy item, BUT the no copy item should be back in your inventory after you relog.

To reproduce:

• Avatar A - Create a default box "Object"  & take it into inventory.
  • Avatar A, keep passing copies of "Object" to offline Avatar B as fast as you can.
  • After ~20-30 inventory shares, you will receive this notification:  [Second Life: You have sent out excessive inventory offers and have been temporarily blocked.  Try again later]
  • Attempting to share more inventory items after the throttle has hit will result in this notification for each share:  [Second Life: Your inventory offer to Avatar B has been cancelled.  Try again later]
  • Once the throttle has been hit, share a no copy item with Avatar B & observe that the no copy item poofs from your inventory.
  • Avatar B observe they did not receive the no copy inventory item, or any inventory item after the throttle was hit.
  • Avatar A - the "lost" no copy item will now be back in your inventory.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Waikeeki said:

To prevent the issue entirely, put all of the items into a single box or a few boxes and send those instead of individual items

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2019 at 1:33 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

To prevent the issue entirely, put all of the items into a single box or a few boxes and send those instead of individual items

My only problem with this is, if you send multiples that are non-copy (confession: gachas), the system numbers the duplicates (i.e.: [RH] 1. Silly Hat, [RH] 1. Silly Hat 1, [RH] 1. Silly Hat 2, [RH] 1. Silly Hat 3...). In some cases, depending on the permissions, I think it was impossible to rename the object's name back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.