Hello everyone, Recently I came to know there used to be a stock market in SL where people use to buy stock of SL businesses .. I was wondering if there still exist such thing in SL where investors can meet business ideas and buy shares of their business. 

Thank you

Posted (edited)

Any interests "real businesses" have had on having a presence SL has long died off.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

19 minutes ago, autonug said:

Hello everyone, Recently I came to know there used to be a stock market in SL where people use to buy stock of SL businesses .. I was wondering if there still exist such thing in SL where investors can meet business ideas and buy shares of their business. 

Thank you

the ToS specifically prohibit the use of LL/SL systems to conduct a stock market in SL businesses.  Like you mention it used to be allowed. But was rampant with unrealistic offers of returns, ponzi schemes, and outright theft of L$. So LL canned our ability to do this

if you ever did want to trade in SL businesses stocks, then you would have to do this on a completely independent platform as a real world activity denominated in some currency other than L$

• Like 2

Banking/stock markets are no longer allowed in SL,  if there are any, they are running behind LL's back.  and LL will remove them once they are reported.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:01 AM, autonug said:

Thank you 

The "idea exchange market" is a good thing if you can found a good team for that. It can be a virtual co-working, what is working good in real life. 👍

Waterbank News still offers SL stock quotes, but they don't mean anything. They also have commodities quotes, on snow, sand, and catnip.