Understanding the Altamura Bento HUD

Symth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks,

I have managed to get the Altamura Bento  avi together, but when I click on one of the many points in the HUD a part of the body corresponding to where I clicked disappears, I don't understand the purpose of this, if anyone can enlighten me, many thanks.

also is it possible to get inexpensive clothes for this avatar, make up etc?

thanks a lot.

Edited by Symth
Typo

Hi Smyth,

What's the name of the particular body you're using? It should be something like "Romeo" or some other name. The HUD will vary a little from body to body

The things you are clicking on are the alpha layer cuts. They hide parts of the body that might otherwise show through clothing. The Altamura HUD is a bit wonky at times in my experience, but it does allow for fairly precise hiding of parts of the body.

I can't speak to the male avatars, but the female bodies usually work well with anything made for Maitreya Lara.

Thanks for replies, the body is jenny, now I get it, can I ask though, if I do hide a part of the body in the Hud  to enable clothing to fit better, and then was to remove that item of clothing inworld, I take it that in this case a part of body would still be missing, unless,

1 I enabled it in the Hud, or

2 was to save an outfit where the clothing was already removed and full body is showing in the Hud?

many thanks for all your help

Edited by Symth
Typing

Yes that's about it. Always worth saving naked version of your body in outfits, some clothing comes with alphas attached and they don't always disconnect when you remove the clothing. Much easier to wear the naked body than open the hud and click on all the missing parts.

I think "easier" is personal preference. Whatever works for you.

The basic answer to your question is, whatever body parts you make transparent, they will stay that way until something changes them.

I tried handling changing clothes different ways. You ran into the problem of making say 'legs' transparent so leggings look like they fit. Then changing clothes required adjusting all the 'alpha' setions back to visible when you wear a skirt.

You can make a copy of the body for each out fit. I found that tedious but it works very well.

I chose to mostly have a single body copy. You can simplify the alpha-changing dance by using the automatic layer-alpha tools that comes with the various bodies. I've found that works best for me. Of course there are clothes that have the auto-alpha built in. This makes using Outfits much easier. Click Outfit's REPLACE and your are mostly done.

The problem is these all tend to require you have the HUD for the body on before you start changing clothes, taking off or putting on. Otherwise, the automatic stuff can fail and often does. I now have the body HUD in my Favorite Wearables (a Firestorm thing) and add it before I change outfits. That allows all the automatic-alpha stuff to work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.