Welp this really sucks.

Rawritsnicci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. My name is Nicci and I am 24 years old and as you can see by the title this really sucks. 6 years ago when I was 17-18 and a senior in high school I had the best year of my life. I'd go to school and be with my friends then I would come home finish my homework and log on to see my best friends in the world. My amazing now ex boyfriend Aserion, my great friend Jokie who helped me be the person I am today , my beautiful "daughter" Gertrude who was the sweetest girl i ever knew and my friend shave the most amazing business man ever. You can really tell I loved them huh?  Well when my father did more research on the game he thought it was too sexual for his 18 year old daughter and took my account away. It took me years to get over the pain of losing my friends and I ended up forgetting all about second life. Until a few weeks ago. I wanted to show my now boyfriend a place where he could live out his fantasies so I showed him secondlife and the memories came flooding back. I finally got my account back today and I am hoping to make  new friends as lovely, generous and thoughtful as they were. You see my real life really sucks. I'm broke I have no job no friends beside my boyfriend and pretty soon I might be living in a tent. And until then I would love to make some friends and pretend my life is amazing. I look forward to meeting all of you and hope that I can give you the companionship you want and deserve. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Broken and in need of friends

• Like 4

Hello sweety... just curious... what happens when you forget about this real life, come into 2nd life and have... as you say an "amazing life" and everything falls apart in your real life because you are hiding in 2nd Life... annnnnd you end up in a tent, and i'm assuming living in a tent, you wouldn't have internet access? What happens then? 

You will once again, leave this "amazing life" behind... same thing that happened when you were 18 and your father was trying to protect his little girl... ;)

I'm sorry, but this may not be what you want to hear... but trying to escape into a virtual world and "pretend" you have an "amazing life" is sooooo NOT healthy!!

To avoid living in this tent, why don't you focus on your real life? Make changes... do what you must, and do as you will to MAKE things better YOURSELF... 2nd Life will NOT make your real life better... not if you are using it as an excuse and an escape...and its the REAL life that you live in... as a REAL person... 

Much love to you... and prayers and positive thoughts will be sent... blessed be... ❤️

• Like 11

From one broken soul to another: I know its enticing to seek an easy escape into an online world and it can feel good, when everything out there in the first life feels grey and miserable. I won't give you the "this isn't healthy" speech, as I assume you know that by yourself deep down. Sometimes there are things, that can't be fixed and then its good, if you have at least a virtual place to escape to, as a sort of temporary band-aid. But always keep yourself afloat in your first life. Focus on not living in a tent soon. As miserable as your mind might feel right now, being physically miserable on top of it all is something you want to avoid at all costs. If for nothing else, do it for that "band-aid" to stay accessable (aka your internet connection).

• Like 9

VERY well said, Syo! ❤️

i know its been a "band aid" for me more than once... and it was helpful when it was needed

... but yeah, there is truly a danger when one seeks it as an escape and uses it for years, as i've seen with one too many "friends" i've made in this world... in which case, it then "replaces" real life... 

Edited by mQQnie

15 hours ago, Rawritsnicci said:

Hello everyone. My name is Nicci and I am 24 years old and as you can see by the title this really sucks. 6 years ago when I was 17-18 and a senior in high school I had the best year of my life. I'd go to school and be with my friends then I would come home finish my homework and log on to see my best friends in the world. My amazing now ex boyfriend Aserion, my great friend Jokie who helped me be the person I am today , my beautiful "daughter" Gertrude who was the sweetest girl i ever knew and my friend shave the most amazing business man ever. You can really tell I loved them huh?  Well when my father did more research on the game he thought it was too sexual for his 18 year old daughter and took my account away. It took me years to get over the pain of losing my friends and I ended up forgetting all about second life. Until a few weeks ago. I wanted to show my now boyfriend a place where he could live out his fantasies so I showed him secondlife and the memories came flooding back. I finally got my account back today and I am hoping to make  new friends as lovely, generous and thoughtful as they were. You see my real life really sucks. I'm broke I have no job no friends beside my boyfriend and pretty soon I might be living in a tent. And until then I would love to make some friends and pretend my life is amazing. I look forward to meeting all of you and hope that I can give you the companionship you want and deserve. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hi Nicci!

You see my real life really sucks. I'm broke I have no job no friends beside my boyfriend and pretty soon I might be living in a tent.

Welcome to my world! I'd offer you friendship but I'm afraid, in the long run, the differences in our RL ages will eventually cause a fallout. Hopefully it will help, at least a little, to know that you are not alone and if you need someone to listen, I'm here.

10 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'd offer you friendship but I'm afraid, in the long run, the differences in our RL ages will eventually cause a fallout.

I just finished re-reading the Narnia books a few days ago, and that line immediately brought Puddleglum back to mind.

I largely agree with what has already been said. Using SL as escapism might not be the best way of dealing with your problems. I'd go even further, though; I don't think that someone who has severe troubles should try to solve them by making friends or finding partners. Friendship is about giving and taking, and if a person finds they've got nothing to be given, they will often either withdraw, or in worst case, take it back by unleashing their frustration in the form of spite. Especially so online, where emotions don't always translate very well, and people don't consider what impact their words might have on others.

It's your choice what to do, and whilst my advise might appear harsh and pessimistic, it's not to attempt to scare you away - it's just my twisted version of empathy. Whichever way you choose to go, I wish you luck.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I just finished re-reading the Narnia books a few days ago, and that line immediately brought Puddleglum back to mind.

I haven't read all of them. Must be one I haven't read because I have no clue what you mean. O.o She (I assume she from the way the name is spelled) is 24, I'll be 60 in a couple of months. That's a fairly large gap that does need to be taken into consideration. For both our sakes, not just mine or hers. I don't want to be the cause of someone's pain and I'd prefer to avoid pain. I've had more than my fair share of it in a lifetime.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
in a gadda na vida

5 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I haven't read all of them. Must be one I haven't read because I have no clue what you mean. O.o

-“What is it? Is the king dead? Has an enemy landed in Narnia? Is it a flood? Or dragons?”

-“Good morning Guests” he said. “Though when I say good I don’t mean it wont probably turn to rain or it might be snow, or fog, or thunder. You didn’t get any sleep, I daresay.”

-“Now… those eels will take a mortal long time to cook, and either of you might faint with hunger before they’re done."

-“…but I’d better not tell you that story. It might lower your spirits, and that’s a thing I never do.'

-“Very likely, what with enemies, and mountains, and rivers to cross, and losing our way, and next to nothing to eat, and sore feet, we’ll hardly notice the weather.”

He's a character in The Silver Chair. Anyway, it was just the way you phrased it that reminded me of him, I fully understand and respect your reasoning.

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

-“What is it? Is the king dead? Has an enemy landed in Narnia? Is it a flood? Or dragons?”

-“Good morning Guests” he said. “Though when I say good I don’t mean it wont probably turn to rain or it might be snow, or fog, or thunder. You didn’t get any sleep, I daresay.”

-“Now… those eels will take a mortal long time to cook, and either of you might faint with hunger before they’re done."

-“…but I’d better not tell you that story. It might lower your spirits, and that’s a thing I never do.'

-“Very likely, what with enemies, and mountains, and rivers to cross, and losing our way, and next to nothing to eat, and sore feet, we’ll hardly notice the weather.”

He's a character in The Silver Chair. Anyway, it was just the way you phrased it that reminded me of him, I fully understand and respect your reasoning.

Yes, I knew he was a character in the books. He's mentioned in some that he doesn't actually appear in and of course, I haven't read The Silver Chair. 

Thank you for your understanding and respectfulness. 🌺

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.