Having trouble getting pics in game/marketplace

WhiteBoi360

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I spent 3 days making sort of a logo/image for my upcomming store. I wanted to use it on the marketplace for my product images (sense they are just gestures anyways)

It looks like the dimensions of the one I made are 504X360 with 72 dpi and a bit depth of 24. Which is small for the marketplace. 700x500 is recommended.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wn1f2v&s=7  is a pic of it

I tried using freetransform on it in photoshop to make it bigger.. but the quality gets worse. 

I guess I have 3 questions for everyone:  1. What would be the best solution to resize and still have good quality?

2. What should I set the dimensions as in photoshop to make the document                                                                                  compatible with the marketplace? 700x500? But what about the resolution tab?

3. How should I set the settings in photoshop to give me the best quality pic to                                                                                upload directly in SL?

WhiteBoi360 wrote:

Thanks. But I mean, what should I set the resolution setting to in photoshop? And what about pics for actual use in-game?

Concerning Photoshop, I've never used it so I don't know what resolution would be best. What do you mean by actual use in-game? You want to put the image on a cube containing the gesture? I don't do that either. For my items, I typically use a crate texture and mark the cube with hover text.

What are competing products selling at? I'm not familiar with gestures, so maybe your virtual goods are optimally priced. It may be however, that the the products are priced too high relative to competitors or that there is not a lot of demand for gestures. Perhaps you could initially experiment with the pricing and see if there some price point at which your products sell best.

Your PS settings are fine, your problem with resizing is mainly going to be the text because typefaces don't respond well to being stretched.

Go back to your original PSD, save a copy, then resize it to 700x525 (or whatever it is) and delete the text layer. Then redo your text or copy/paste the text from your original (in text edit mode) into the new one and enlarge the text size in the text edit - not by stretching.

You can also copy your text effects by R clicking on the effects layer in the original (altho you might want to scale back the bevel and emboss a touch - it makes it a little hard to read).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.