Selling textured prims under "Textures"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering what you think about this.

The seller has changed the description after I contacted her, to specify in big letters that it is a prim and meant to be placed over an existing wall.

I got my refund, it was only 9 Li so it is cheap stuff.

I am asking if it is the correct category, under "textures" and "interior wall textures".

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was wondering what you think about this.

The seller has changed the description after I contacted her, to specify in big letters that it is a prim and meant to be placed over an existing wall.

I got my refund, it was only 9 Li so it is cheap stuff.

I am asking if it is the correct category, under "textures" and "interior wall textures".

i would think it belongs in building components

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

i would think it belongs in building components

I was thinking that textures is the wrong category, but after the description is more clear and detailed, I don't think I bother to flag it as wrong category.

You could say that a textured prim is a texture? IDK. It is a wallpaper.

I am sad because it was just the look I wanted. But I am saving prims, not rezzing additional prims.

59 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was thinking that textures is the wrong category, but after the description is more clear and detailed, I don't think I bother to flag it as wrong category.

You could say that a textured prim is a texture? IDK. It is a wallpaper.

I am sad because it was just the look I wanted. But I am saving prims, not rezzing additional prims.

as it is on a prim, for me it's a component, the texture isn't usable as one but only on the prim.
Think i wouldn't flag it either, but stricktly it's no texture.
perhaps ask the seller if the texture is available?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as it is on a prim, for me it's a component, the texture isn't usable as one but only on the prim.
Think i wouldn't flag it either, but stricktly it's no texture.
perhaps ask the seller if the texture is available?

I did. A refund, but no texture. So we are ok. I wish I could have used it... I can't say I was treated bad, since she refunded it. And she has upgraded the description to clarify it's a prim.

I would have paid the double for the texture, but hey, she probably has a reason.

It would be petty behavior to flag it for wrong category, I think.

It is just my inner child screaming that I wished it was a texture.

The search for the perfect wallpaper texture continues....

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a word

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I would have paid the double for the texture, but hey, she probably has a reason.

Most likely explanation is that it was a texture she didn't make herself and didn't have the right to resell. ;)

Some texture merchants have EULAs that specifically forbids this kind of redistribution but not all have thought of it.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

The search for the perfect wallpaper texture continues....

That's an endless search, there is no such thing as enough wallpaper textures.

One trick you could try: take a snapshot of that prim set to full bright and upload it to Google image search. There's a good chance you'll find the original seller of it that way.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Most likely explanation is that it was a texture she didn't make ehrself and didn't have the right to resell. ;)

Some texture merchants have EULAs that specifically forbids this kind of redistribution but not all have thought of it.

That's an endless search, there is no such thing as enough wallpaper textures.

One trick you could try: take a snapshot of that prim set to full bright and upload it to Google image search. There's a good chance you'll find the original seller of it that way.

Thanks, I have searched the MP so many times for the perfect one.

Another thing I can do, is searching for free textures. It is lots of sites with free textures, and many seem legit. Some want you to register, and that has to be legitimate free textures...?

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Thanks, I have searched the MP so many times for the perfect one.

Another thing I can do, is searching for free textures. It is lots of sites with free textures, and many seem legit. Some want you to register, and that has to be legitimate free textures...?

A lot of free texture sites are legitimate and yes, many have you register but you can use an alternate email (I have an old Yahoo account I use). BUT be sure and read the TOS of the various places as MANY will not let you use the textures in Second Life or ANY Linden world. 

Good luck!  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.