Newbie looking for a job

Aniabooty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, i am looking for a job to earn a few extra lindens, Im not looking for a big payment, I just like to have duties in game. Im open to do almost anything you offer me as long as you will have a bit of patience to teach me, as im new to this game, but im fast learner. Im not native english speaker, but i belive that my english is good enough to not cause communication problems. 

Im usually available everyday for at least an hour. Im living in GMT+2 time zone, so in game i can be available from midnight to 4-5 pm.

Welcome to SL!

If you don't know the basics of SL you will need to learn them before you are able to help others.  A good way to do this is to volunteer at a newbie island -- then you can help newcomers with stuff you understand, and you'll have more senior people who can help you learn enough so you become a competent user of SL.  A lot of the jobs in SL involve helping people who have gotten stuck, and sometimes that will be because they are newbies, or need someone who understands whatever it is they're trying to do better than they do.  So... you may not be quite ready for the paid job... just something to consider.

Of course, if you are already a whiz with some skill needed in SL, then you're golden... but you will probably need to figure out which area you want to work in and approach the owner/manager/creator directly. 

Regarding jobs: 

I would go to your favorite clothing store (or other store if you're not into the clothing acquisition thing) and then write a notecard to the owner and see if they need help.  Some store owners hire assistants and/or managers or just people who are willing to come and help their customers via their groups chat.  You will of course need to:

• a) look presentable (unless you are helping out only in the group chat).  You will be representing the store in question.
  • b) deal well with others and especially, be helpful
  • c) learn the product (or service if it is a service)
  • d) be willing to occasionally drop whatever you are doing and go to their store to assist someone.

Other places that hire are dance/music clubs that need DJs (that requires that you are one and know music) and Hosts...  you will need to help people in the club -- and what form that takes will depend on the club owner and/or the DJ you are working with. 

Again, I recommend notecards to the owner of the establishment unless they are present at the sim in question and willing to talk to you at that time.  Often, when you see an owner in their store, they're already dealing with something or helping customers.  The notecard is also useful as it gives them your name and availability in a form they may keep instead of an IM that gets lost. 

If you aren't a friend, they may miss your IM unless they are online (and not busy) when you write them.  If you send IMs to busy store owners, they're liable to get capped (SL stops sending messages when a person gets too busy) and often they never get seen...

Read how they prefer you to write to them.  Many people list this in their profile.  Some people do prefer IMs b/c they download their IMs to their computers and get them offline -- but notecards are more the norm.

Good luck!

Blue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.