Marianne Little

Make different colored walls in your Linden Home

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You see it look good, yes? I see only the mistakes. I haven't lined up the window sill in one of the rooms properly, and it isn't visible from the distance I take pictures. But I know it is there. And ... Self-consciousness. Some will find one not perfectly lined up part, and blast me to pieces. When people make it themself, they have no others to blame.

I don't think I ever make it good enough. When that window sill is corrected, with new test uploads and final upload, I find another small issue. It is never going to be good enough, for me to dare to let anyone scrutinize it.

Well i think it looks great.  Maybe I will try your tutorial when I get a chance.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Someone with more courage can make and sell them. I don't have copyright, lol.

Edit: Someone already sell walls for Continental, but last I checked, they were only no mod, and... I want to use all my textures, not others textures.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Haha 1

My First "all from Blender" Build, (except the doors & window frames). 20 prims, 2 porches, 2 bedrooms, Kitchen space and sitting room in a contemporary style. Fits on a 1024 plot with a linden home and would make a great guest house. I am getting the hang of blender!

Mod House.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/10/2019 at 10:52 AM, Trinity Aironaut said:

Before I start, let me say I'm not a Rep from Udemy......but......I am a life long learner, and If you can catch a sale, and it's amazing how often they have one, Udemy offers full Blender 2.8 online classes for as little as 9 usd! These are step by step, intro to finished project. and teach a wealth of information beyond the project itself. Even now they are doing an 11.99 sale for the next 2 days. I loaded up about 2 weeks ago on the 9.99 sale. You have lifetime access to them and can learn at your own pace, they offer the current version and 2.8, you just need to search for the right version. The instructors often teach at the college level and have skills at online, hands on training. At the end of a successfully completed course they offer a certificate.....which could be useful for jobs requiring training. I'm not going to add the link here, I think I'm skating close and it might be against TOS to do it, but do a search for Udemy or hit me up in private IM. If someone can let me know about TOS and outside educational links I'd be grateful.

@Trinity Aironaut; I just wanted to say a HUGE thanks for this. I didn't even know Udemy existed, now I'm several modules into the Introductory course. Yes I've already made some mistakes and ordinarily I would have uninstalled Blender long before now as I did in the past, but I feel like I'm absorbing it this time instead of feeling overwhelmed (though that's easy enough to do as well even at this stage!) There's still a long LONG way to go and starting from scratch means while I won't get anything built in any hurry at least I'll learn the basics first (as all the mesh experts in the forum suggest we do). So again a big sincere THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction! ❤️:D👍

And @Marianne Little I'll say it again just in case it wasn't clear the first time; you're an inspiration, so thank you too!  You've already come so far. I remember not that long ago we were discussing Mesh Generator and Mesh Studio and back then you weren't even sure you could grasp those, now you've already far surpassed them (or at least their capabilities)! Seeing what you're able to do here gives me hope for the future too so now I'm modestly following in your footsteps. I've also bookmarked this page for future reference as a little boost to keep me going. I tell myself if Marianne can do it, so can I! See, now you're teaching me!❤️ :D 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is so much better to do it right. Working with textures is a !§*?!!! but modeling in Blender feels so fun.

Maybe I get an epiphany in working with UV mapping. Maybe.

I bought 2 Udemu courses, the UV mapping is still not my friend.

Someone asked if I should put the tower for sale in the MP. It was in no shape for a sale. Even giving it away for free is out of the question. That is not going to exist in SL with my name on.

My Blendermade main part of the tower, to the left. Modeled of 1 mesh, and the cut for the round window have 12 edges. The starter tower of prims built in SL does not look so bad - until I turn on wireframe. Behold that mess. 😳

I am getting there with the tower, but slow. I am not sure if I shall make the roof too, I must look at it in wireframe and see how good the LOD is.

towermess.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 4:36 PM, Marianne Little said:

It is so much better to do it right. Working with textures is a !§*?!!! but modeling in Blender feels so fun.

Maybe I get an epiphany in working with UV mapping. Maybe.

I bought 2 Udemu courses, the UV mapping is still not my friend.

Someone asked if I should put the tower for sale in the MP. It was in no shape for a sale. Even giving it away for free is out of the question. That is not going to exist in SL with my name on.

My Blendermade main part of the tower, to the left. Modeled of 1 mesh, and the cut for the round window have 12 edges. The starter tower of prims built in SL does not look so bad - until I turn on wireframe. Behold that mess. 😳

I am getting there with the tower, but slow. I am not sure if I shall make the roof too, I must look at it in wireframe and see how good the LOD is.

towermess.jpg

Nice!

Edited by Trinity Aironaut
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, RaeLeeH said:

@Trinity Aironaut; I just wanted to say a HUGE thanks for this. I didn't even know Udemy existed, now I'm several modules into the Introductory course. Yes I've already made some mistakes and ordinarily I would have uninstalled Blender long before now as I did in the past, but I feel like I'm absorbing it this time instead of feeling overwhelmed (though that's easy enough to do as well even at this stage!) There's still a long LONG way to go and starting from scratch means while I won't get anything built in any hurry at least I'll learn the basics first (as all the mesh experts in the forum suggest we do). So again a big sincere THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction! ❤️:D👍

And @Marianne Little I'll say it again just in case it wasn't clear the first time; you're an inspiration, so thank you too!  You've already come so far. I remember not that long ago we were discussing Mesh Generator and Mesh Studio and back then you weren't even sure you could grasp those, now you've already far surpassed them (or at least their capabilities)! Seeing what you're able to do here gives me hope for the future too so now I'm modestly following in your footsteps. I've also bookmarked this page for future reference as a little boost to keep me going. I tell myself if Marianne can do it, so can I! See, now you're teaching me!❤️ :D 👍

Ha Ha unwrapping still mystifies me ttoo.

• Like 1