Sims that ban new people

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Personally, I think poorly of these new resident ejectors. Not only do I see it as poor moderation of a region, but it can make new residents feel unwelcome to Second Life.

There isn't anything preventing people from stock piling accounts and letting them sit for a month, then go grief a region.

Besides, a majority of these new people who enter regions will not be griefers. New residents may do stuff that experienced residents would see as improper, but we shouldn't be mad about this as it gives us the opportunity to pass on Second Life etiquette to them. Ejecting new residents makes it less possible to do this.

Also I personally feel new resident ejectors play onto the "second life users are stuck up and don't like fun" trope that plays out on YouTube trolling videos. By making people feel unwelcome and that we are all unfun stuck up people, it may infact add to the griefing problem.

Personally in my experience of being a estate manager, I've seen more griefers with the age range above 365 days than I have with residents under 365 days old.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
I am and good native English speaker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.