LAQ next level skins

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi anyone that can help me,

I am having trouble changing my skin tone. I have 2 different tones. the one I am wearing below is 1.0 but i wanted to tan myself up for a more healthy look, and purchased 2.5 .. however when i hit "add" and click the HUD ... is just doesnt do anything. .. i have tried in low lag areas, my own home, and in the laq store.. and ive tried restarting..but ..nothing seems to work. I have sevel images to show what i am wearing, and what I have.. so hopefully it'll be easier to see my issue.

CURRENT LAQ SKIN - 1.0 (IMAGE 1)

WEARING (IMAGE 2) 

MY INVENTORY WITH 1.0 AND 2.5 (IMAGE 3)

THE SKINS (4TH IMAGE)

while on the topic - as a side thing.. does anyone know of any other good skin shops/brands? .. i use the mait body with a bento LAQ head "leia" ... im still quite new at this, all the layers and skins and blotches and neck issues stress me out when i cant fix things.. i was curious about other skins.. but i want it to work with my mait body.. i love the soft smooth look some people have..like the models for blueberry?.. so smooth and flawless.. almost as if theres no pores..

current skin.JPG

wearing.JPG

skins.JPG

nextlevelbodyapplier.JPG

Hi BaeBee

I use LAQ body skins all the time and from what I can tell your set up should work fine. Sometimes a good old fashioned relog is what you need.

As for other skins, I have a big collection from WoW and 7 Deadly Skins. Both stores are extremely generous with their group gifts, lucky boards, and hunt prizes so over the years I have built up an overflowing skins folder. When you join WoW's group you can even get a box with all previous group gifts in it, seriously dozens of skins, well worth the joining fee.

7 Deadly has a good dollarbee at the moment for LAQ, not your head shape, but it might fit

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/7-Deadly-sKins-MARIGOLD-4th-of-JULY-dollarbee/12158752

Good luck!

Log out, log back in.

I like to give it a minute or 2 before logging back in. Good excuse to go make a coffee.

Also just checking you are somewhere that allows scripts to work, like a sandbox or changing room? Sometimes HUDs are screwed up by where you are.

i have tried the logging out and back in numerous times... even overnight.. at the point now where i wanna flip a table over lol.. like the meme? .. anyway..

i tried that link you gave me for $1L.. and this is the outcome.. it only seemed to apply to the head..

face 01 - how i usually look with the "leia skin applier 1.0" < head only 

face 02 - the link you gave me, 7 deadly skins "sand"

face01.JPG

face02.JPG

Maybe the applier was just a head, sorry, I didn't check if it had body appliers as well.

You seem to be in a linden home so its not a scripts issue.

Is it applying skins from your maitreya HUD? if it is, your LAQ 2.5 HUD might not be working, maybe unpack another or get a redelivery and start again?

i dont know if im "wearing" it... honestly.. i hate that omega thing, i have no idea how it even works.. i click various things and looks like it does nothing lol... so maybe thats the whole issue? .. maybe its something with the omega thing.. i know i was clicking a bunch of options on it yesterday and didn't see anything change.. so maybe?

54 minutes ago, xBaeBeex said:

i dont know if im "wearing" it... honestly.. i hate that omega thing, i have no idea how it even works.. i click various things and looks like it does nothing lol... so maybe thats the whole issue? .. maybe its something with the omega thing.. i know i was clicking a bunch of options on it yesterday and didn't see anything change.. so maybe?

It's pretty simple. Any mesh body part that has the scripts either installed or run through a relay can wear Omega compatible appliers, instead of specific ones made for the piece of mesh. It's really kind of the best thing right now. 

i love the soft smooth look some people have..like the models for blueberry?.. so smooth and flawless.. almost as if theres no pores.

You're not going to get the same look as Blueberry's models because Blueberry uses the DAZ rendering system for her vendor photos.  Those bodies are not in any way, shape, or form a Second Life body (mesh or otherwise).  If you see store vendor ads like this, they're all DAZ renders (usually with no heads shown or only part of a head; the stores that use the full DAZ render have heads that creep me out hard!).   

thankyou all for the replies, for now it seems i do have it under control... i started from scratch using a classic avatar, and built myself back up that way .. and the 2.5 shade worked doing that.. kirilife, that would be awesome for clothes ! (gotta give myself a break from skins..they are all not newcomer friendly. .. i wish there was entire skins for heads + bodys.. and no issues with necks.. something that slaps on and works, .. seems like more money can be made by having to do it the hard with with separate bodies and heads.. ) newcomer opinion maybe.. but could solve a lot of issues.. 

thankyou all ❤️

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.