Kitchens!!

Littlemouse Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What kind of kitchens are you all using in your traditional homes?  Has anyone found a kitchen that isn't prim heavy?  I am in the Winchester model and my kitchen's LI is around 55.  This is my current kitchen.  I like it but would like the LI to be a little lower.  How about some pictures of your kitchens!!  It's LAQ.

Snapshot_081.jpg

Edited by Littlemouse Topaz
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

What kind of kitchens are you all using in your traditional homes? 

I currently have around 10 diferent ones rezzed on my platform at my mainland plot, trying to decide - no kitchen yet rezzed in my house or houseboat.

• Like 4

Kitchens are the bane of LI (or can be). I know you said trad. but I've included some low LI houseboat ideas my wife & I schemed up. Starting high, going low:

Trompe L   FinleyCandle & Caudron stove/ Livid details

Soy

& finally (LOL)

DRD Trailer Park Kitchen

Top one weighing in at 37 LI (but I love it & knew I'd use it somewhere ) is the Finley Kitchen by Trompe Loeil - lightly edited by me.  My witchy kitchen is a mix: table, cat on stool, cups etc. by Livid. Wood stove (interactable with a cauldron that can brew coffee or soup or...) is by Candle & Cauldron. The little gas 2 burner (which lights & makes the classic gas stove noise- so cute) on a sink with pots and omelette is by Soy and the last is the trailer park mini kitchen gacha by Death Row Designs (decor only with sandwich  fixins and funny fridge magnets- the coffee maker is by What's Next). Oh & I mixed some of Trompe Loeil's retro kitchen pieces into the witchy kitchen- they are all modular & super low impact, plus many of then have sits :D

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 18

d2da1e73c1a4296ffd6fb910ca63079c.jpg

Here's what I've got going on (in my houseboat) - the bulk of it, with the counters, sink, cabinet, even the decor on the shelves, is only 3LI and has a lot of texture options for wood, countertop, and tiled splashback (which I have hidden). From Dysfunctional, and comes with a lil oldskool stove too, which I don't have out because I'm....>.> not allowed to use a stove. I've added a glitzy fridge from Bazar and a geodey table by Schadenfreude to offset the rustic vibe, and that planter there just to box off the area a bit, so the entire kitchen including seating is about 13LI 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Kitchens are the bane of LI (or can be). I know you said trad. but I've included some low LI houseboat ideas my wife & I schemed up. Starting high, going low:

Trompe L   FinleyCandle & Caudron stove/ Livid details

Soy

& finally (LOL)

DRD Trailer Park Kitchen

oh, nice! Would you mind sharing where they are from? I'm not "in" with the cool kids, so I have no idea where they might be from.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My kitchen is very small but I don't need a bigger one. The main part is Industrial Kitchen from Chez Moi with 16 LI. Then a fridge (also Industrial, Chez Moi) 11 LI. A trashbin - Arizona Kitchen from Bazar, 1 LI (hidden in the right corner).

On the other side two chairs (2 LI each), a table  (1 LI), coffe cup (1LI), gacha food from dust bunny (1 LI), wall deco (5 LI), big plant in the corner (5 LI), country home console (1 LI), coffee machine (2 LI) and tea tins deco (1 LI)

Total 53 LI. I could have saved 10 LI by removing wall deco and big plant.

20190702_008.png

20190702_009.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

ohhh, these are very nice.  I was looking in the marketplace last night and found a kitchen that someone said they had in their Winchester and like an idiot, I didn't bookmark the page. Since I'm brain dead, I can't remember the name of it either or who created it.

Check browser history maybe??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

I like it but would like the LI to be a little lower.

you always can remove a part of it, if i'm not wrong every sections is around 6 Li, the stove and sink higher.
Pitty that kitchen isn't available anymore, it a really nice one, i heared the store has closed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

you always can remove a part of it, if i'm not wrong every sections is around 6 Li, the stove and sink higher.
Pitty that kitchen isn't available anymore, it a really nice one, i heared the store has closed.

they still have an inworld store. i was there last night.  i have taken parts of it out but it looks so nice with all of the pieces. the island has the texture change controls hidden in one of the cabinets. i guess i could always rezz another island if i want to change anything. that would free up 8 LI

Edited by Littlemouse Topaz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

they still have an inworld store. i was there last night.

it  been gone for some time, might been some issues i guess :) ... but good to hear it's still there

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Trompe L   Finley

Hehe, I have that same Finley Kitchen (is it?). Love it! It was just a bit problematic to me: it has a rather odd side-window, that you can hardly remove/mask properly, without losing half of the baked shadows. Same with the back-tiling. Eventually I was so 'fed up', LOL, that I stripped all of that stuff off, and created an entirely new kitchen block for it, along with new tiling (see below). I made it for a landhome of mine, a few days ago, but I plan to use this 'block', integrally, on either a Barnacle (or an Evening Star; haven't decided yet) I am going to do soon.

P.S. Loving that dark, cast-iron kitchen of yours too. :)

kitchen.thumb.jpg.6d599f118ba933f2b959438d9cddf19d.jpg

l

• Like 10

As for my Windlass kitchen, I think most have seen it by now. :) It's the Calla Kitchen (see below). It's actually a play-kitchen, for children, LOL. I have tried to replace it, endlessly, with something more grown-up, but I keep discarding those, as this one simply looks the cutest: 

toy.thumb.jpg.819557bcb43231a51ff333f697ba3235.jpg

;

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, I have that same Finley Kitchen (is it?). Love it! It was just a bit problematic to me: it has a rather odd side-window, that you can hardly remove/mask properly, without losing half of the baked shadows. Same with the back-tiling. Eventually I was so 'fed up', LOL, that I stripped all of that stuff off, and created an entirely new kitchen block for it, along with new tiling (see below). I made it for a landhome of mine, a few days ago, but I plan to use this 'block', integrally, on either a Barnacle (or an Evening Star; haven't decided yet) I am going to do soon.

P.S. Loving that dark, cast-iron kitchen of yours too. :)

kitchen.thumb.jpg.6d599f118ba933f2b959438d9cddf19d.jpg

l

Bows down.... that is genius. I tried to do some editing (remove shadow layer, alpha out backboard tiling & lighted window), but I am Really Not Good at tearing things apart without breaking them. I would throw praise & lindens (super subtle hint that you are free to ignore heh) at someone for that block & tile so I could edit it to go with Finley-enstein. You have no idea the games I've played because I won't give up on the Finley being  in that boat. 😛

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Bows down.... that is genius. I tried to do some editing (remove shadow layer, alpha out backboard tiling & lighted window), but I am Really Not Good at tearing things apart without breaking them. I would throw praise & lindens (super subtle hint that you are free to ignore heh) at someone for that block & tile so I could edit it to go with Finley-enstein. You have no idea the games I've played because I won't give up on the Finley being  in that boat. 😛

I am separating the kitchen from the block now, as we speak. :) And then I will give it to you (along with some minor instructions on how to align it properly).

EDIT: Sent inworld. :)

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.