Jump to content

NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three things: The fact that anyone is lamenting about not having one of these new homes is evidence that the efforts are appreciated. Granted, I have literally nothing to do with this effort, bu

We considered that... for about half a minute. First we'd have to relocate the residents who still have homes there. Then we'd have to remove all the old houses, parceling, trees and everything else.

At the risk voicing an unpopular opinion, I have to wonder why anyone would respond to complaints in THIS particular thread, since by its very title it is a thread dedicated to venting. That's like go

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

 

FE45705F-638D-4784-B9B4-4AE48751279D.jpeg

I'm curious as to why that statement earns a face palm?

Yes, I do defend the Lindens and Moles a lot, but it's less about defending them, because they're perfectly capable of doing that themselves, and more about voicing displeasure at certain behaviors. I look at it like being in line behind someone in a store that is berating the cashier, loudly and obnoxiously. That's not okay with me and I'm going to speak up in that situation, too, since I've been in that position and know how it feels to have some irate, belligerent, entitled soccer mom scream like a banshee because we were out of lime jello or something. 

It sucks. The cashier may be wrong or right but it doesn't matter. Having someone say such awful things to you and/or about you hurts and it's not okay to treat other human beings that way. I'm going to get a little political here, but in the states we're living under the regime of a man who has normalized hateful rhetoric, obnoxious behavior, and outright lies about people he doesn't like and it's spread like a plague. People think they can get what they want by being ugly and rude and overbearing. 

Unless we speak up about it, it will take over permanently. So yeah, I speak up. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

To set the record straight... I don't have different personalities for different environments, and I don't play roles. I was always just the natural me wherever I was - inworld or in the forum. I'm just like everyone else who doesn't roleplay; i.e. I respond to what happens in the environment I'm in. Different environments bring out different responses, that's all.

 

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

For a time a few years ago now, Phil, me and quite a few others as well, were doing this thing together inworld. Where Phil Inworld was a whole other personality to Phil Forum

You'll know that your name is totally new to me, so I don't know who you are. Also, I have never done what you described - you, me and quite a few others doing 'this thing' together inworld. I haven't a clue what 'this thing' is, but it sounds like it's something I'd remember if I ever did it with you and quite a few others. I was never a mixer inworld, except when it was just me and someone else, but not groups of people.

Your name does bring up one possibility of who you might be, but  what you described about doing things together rules that possibility out.

I'm not asking who you are, because I'm not coming back to either the forum or inworld. I just thought I'd correct the 'different personalities' thing.

ETA: I did like to play a certain couple of table/board games with multiple people. I wonder if that's it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right. You're back then.

There were 1 or 2 occasions when we were doing it simultaneously, but mostly we did it individually, without anyone else around. It's different to the sort of group activity I thought you were describing.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i would like to vent about all the people what come on this thread and don't vent about how they haven't got a Linden Home

 

ps. Where my camper ?!?!! Hurry up ok !!! I am w.a.i.t.i.n.g.!.!.!  Do you know how a.w.f.u.l it is to have a old Linden Home where there is only like 4 homes total on the whole region ??? Is truly awful, h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e even !!

😸

^ Seconds this. This is fast becoming Pet Peeves thread #2...

xp19n.jpg.b38cedf89a7761a8f45d526ca1e3923f.jpg

Never thought I'd ask but... where are the complaints about not having Linden homes?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Oh right. You're back then.

There were 1 or 2 occasions when we were doing it simultaneously, but mostly we did it individually, without anyone else around. It's different to the sort of group activity I thought you were describing.

Good to see you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:
49 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes it just feeds the flames..or the trolls..thus the reason for facepaw.

You do you. I choose not to be passive. 

Beth you haven't been on the forum for long so you might not know that I've had the reputation of being a 'white knight' in many cases, and I don't necessarily consider that a pejorative description as some do -- my goal has been to help those who have less power by defending them when they are attacked. One thing I've learned however is that even the person doing the attack against another has a side too -- it's possible in some cases that they are more 'in the wrong', but still, they almost always have some valid points that need to be addressed as well -- and sometimes if you address those and allow them to be voiced the attacking stops on all sides.

So what I'm saying is that if you give a little bit to the side you don't agree with by seeing where they're coming from too sometimes the conflict dissipates. When you jump totally to one side or the other however it creates a war.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Beth you haven't been on the forum for long so you might not know that I've had the reputation of being a 'white knight' in many cases, and I don't necessarily consider that a pejorative description as some do -- my goal has been to help those who have less power by defending them when they are attacked. One thing I've learned however is that even the person doing the attack against another has a side too -- it's possible in some cases that they are more 'in the wrong', but still, they almost always have some valid points that need to be addressed as well -- and sometimes if you address those and allow them to be voiced the attacking stops on all sides.

So what I'm saying is that if you give a little bit to the side you don't agree with by seeing where they're coming from too sometimes the conflict dissipates. When you jump totally to one side or the other however it creates a war.

You’ve made it a habit of telling me to “shut up” so I don’t really see myself talking advice from anyone who believes that’s ever appropriate behavior in any circumstance. Oh, and there was that time you claimed Sylvia’s father was abusive to her. 

I’m well aware there are multiple sides to every story. There is never an excuse, though, to behave so atrociously and it should be called out.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You’ve made it a habit of telling me to “shut up” so I don’t really see myself talking advice from anyone who believes that’s ever appropriate behavior in any circumstance. 

I’m well aware there are multiple sides to every story. There is never an excuse, though, to behave so atrociously and it should be called out.

Beth I would feel inclined to tell anyone, on the forum or in RL, to "please shut up", as I did to you, if they repeatedly, over time, kept pressing their viewpoint on me without even remotely considering my side of an argument (as you did regarding the plight of merchants in SL). 

But lets stick to the issue here -- how to respond to those who are disgruntled over not getting a home. I maintain that if we make an effort to see their side of things instead of going on the attack that we will all get along better. I'm wondering, are you able to see that those who are upset about not getting a home are the ones with less power? They are the ones with less power because they gave their money in trust and expect a fair exchange. And so I expect some grumpiness, even some 'blaming behavior' as they sort out the issues (within limits of course). If we jump on them right away because they've attacked there's no hope to sort out anything. But they could become friends instead of feeling alienated. This would be good for LL's business, as when they find no support and decide to cancel Premium membership this takes money from SL.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Beth I would feel inclined to tell anyone, on the forum or in RL, to "please shut up", as I did to you, if they repeatedly, over time, kept pressing their viewpoint on me without even remotely considering my side of an argument (as you did regarding the plight of merchants in SL).

A0D57A54-4CD6-46D1-8B89-79FB93709152.jpeg.e569f300f772d2c5a72020ee33312be1.jpeg

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Beth I would feel inclined to tell anyone, on the forum or in RL, to "please shut up", as I did to you, if they repeatedly, over time, kept pressing their viewpoint on me without even remotely considering my side of an argument (as you did regarding the plight of merchants in SL). 

But lets stick to the issue here -- how to respond to those who are disgruntled over not getting a home. I maintain that if we make an effort to see their side of things instead of going on the attack that we will all get along better. I'm wondering, are you able to see that those who are upset about not getting a home are the ones with less power? They are the ones with less power because they gave their money in trust and expect a fair exchange. And so I expect some grumpiness, even some 'blaming behavior' as they sort out the issues (within limits of course). If we jump on them right away because they've attacked there's no hope to sort out anything. But they could become friends instead of feeling alienated. This would be good for LL's business, as when they find no support and decide to cancel Premium membership this takes money from SL.

The only reason why we don't see your side, is that these homes are in high demand. So yes people are gonna have to wait, if they didn't get a home right away. It has nothing to do with them being less privileged, or that they are the victim. It has everything to do with people being faster at grabbing a home than the people who don't have one.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

The only reason why we don't see your side, is that these homes are in high demand. So yes people are gonna have to wait, if they didn't get a home right away. It has nothing to do with them being less privileged, or that they are the victim. It has everything to do with people being faster at grabbing a home than the people who don't have one.

This not about who is right or wrong or about any "side" -- it does not have to be a black and white issue.  It's about responding respectfully to those who are upset because they don't have a home, and demonstrating we understand they are upset. Once we respond to someone's needs/feelings, THEN it's time to educate (come in with the logic). If we don't respond to their needs first, or even worse tell them they're feelings are invalid, they're less able to hear the logic.
Most of those upset about not getting a home are new people -- how could they know the logic of the situation if they only just arrived? If we tell them right off the bat they're stupid and abusive for getting upset & blaming others inappropriately, etc. they don't feel inclined to stick around and understand what's going on.
As I've said before, we need to respond to them as the unique person they are and not as some 'pattern' we've encountered in other disgruntled customers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On another note: I make no secret that I and one alt each have a Linden home, for a total of two homes. I believe that if you pay for a premium account, you have the right to try for a home on each account, and I know I am far from the only person with more than one home.

However, I am wondering how those without homes feel when someone who has, for example, four or even five of the new Linden homes comes in and claims to be sympathetic toward the plight of those who are venting because they have none. Does that apparent hypocrisy grate, or does it not matter? Just curious.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This not about who is right or wrong or about any "side" -- it does not have to be a black and white issue.  It's about responding respectfully to those who are upset because they don't have a home, and demonstrating we understand they are upset. Once we respond to someone's needs/feelings, THEN it's time to educate (come in with the logic). If we don't respond to their needs first, or even worse tell them they're feelings are invalid, they're less able to hear the logic.
Most of those upset about not getting a home are new people -- how could they know the logic of the situation if they only just arrived? If we tell them right off the bat they're stupid and abusive for getting upset & blaming others inappropriately, etc. they don't feel inclined to stick around and understand what's going on.
As I've said before, we need to respond to them as the unique person they are and not as some 'pattern' we've encountered in other disgruntled customers.

But there are still the old Linden homes, that they can get. That is why I don't feel this valid, if they want a home so badly, they are just gonna have to deal with the old home. Whether they are new to SL or not. Why does LL have to cater to their needs, and give them a new home when they want them?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...