LakotaBlue Tuqiri

NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

33 minutes ago, SerraWeckerly said:

He said it in either Bellisseria community in world or Bellisseria citizen in world.  Someone was disgruntled and complaining and he piped up and mentioned it.

it was in the Bellisseria community group

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, SerraWeckerly said:

People act like they are somehow prisoners in some weird premium nightmare.

My suggestion is to just ignore the complaining and let those who are unhappy talk among themselves and support each other. When you counter the complaining too intensely it increases tenfold.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It isnt that hard to wait for a house, I have 5 alts with homes. Just gotta be patient!

Edited by Jeston
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

A company would not care about such things as hurt feelings - they are not certain forumites - more likely it is the following reasoning: A happy refunded almost customer has a much higher chance to become a customer again once sufficient homes are released than the chance of a disgruntled customer is to stay in their subscription as long or to return.

i  would wish they finally make the so desired lists, but for other purpose...  and don't let them join in the next ten years. Such customers will start allover again when the next bump comes on their path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Meh... it was too gross and harsh. 

Self-censoring. 

Edited by Beth Macbain
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

The problem with just letting the complainers complain in their little solitary bubble here, is it keeps oozing out like puss from an infected boil... it's even seeped inworld now. 

I think it seeped inworld (mostly) because some on the forum have repeatedly told those without a home they should not be upset about it, that it's wrong.  People don't like to be told how they should feel.

Edited by Kiera Clutterbuck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

because some on the forum have repeatedly told those without a home they should not be upset about it, that it's wrong.  People don't like to be told how they should feel.

many of the ones who told that on the forums are themselves without home, or only got it very recently.
And like everybody we don't like be told we'r evil and bad, just because we don't want to grab hands and pamper them.
And for "our" defence that we'r not thát bad.. have a look at our postcounts and go dig in the forums .. many of the forum regulars help people solving issues for several years, often also questions that are asked hundreds of times, yes we'r only human with some shorter fuses sometimes,  but a fight against underbelly feelings is always lost.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

For those who feel positive about LL (and I do, although I disagree with some of their actions), it is US who should be mature enough to deal with those who are unable to hold the same perspective that we do when not getting what they want.  What is that perspective? It is that a company can be both good and bad at the same time. Perhaps they turn LL into an ALL BAD company when it doesn't give them what they want, and this is what we can't deal with.  

In other words, we want them to be like us and they are not, and this is actually why we can't accept their whining.

• Like 1

i think Linden have done a good job of moderating this thread.  People who are unhappy about not yet having a new Linden Home need a place to vent, and this thread is the place to do it

other threads get closed down because one there is this thread, and two because more than one thread is unnecessary for venting.  Nobody needs to come into this thread and tell people who are venting to not vent.  We can, but we don't need too. The moderators are perfectly capable of removing posts that do over-vent and I think it would be good if we just let the moderators get on with it. And not provoke further unhappiness with our moralising, at least in this one thread

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I have my auto-refresh set on 1 minute - earlier it would go 3 pages then block me out - I had to wait 9 mins to get back in - Now, it goes about 6-7 pages of refresh then block me out.  However, I can get back in after a minute.  So they are getting there.

I'm really tired of waiting for a linden home.  I abandoned my old one in April and by the time I had cleared it, the new ones were all gone and I've not been successful since.  I've been premium for 9 years but no priority and you are in a lottery with those who join today!  Sighs.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Meh... it was too gross and harsh. 

Self-censoring. 

Hehe, I'm still reeling from your 'No, you filthy people, not THAT kind of love' comment, yesterday, LOL. And now my mind cannot help but go in all sort of funny places, trying to imagine what you might have said here, before you edited it out. 😛 But I'm pretty sure I would have loved it. ❤️

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

200.gif.7db446bac4c63441d480be8782ab3ae6.gif

You truly are awesome, you know that, right?! 👑 And you appear to posses a sheer bottomless repository of funny clips, one for every occasion. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Annielle Destiny said:

I am beyond dissapointed myself with how Linden Lab is handling this. I keep seeing all this hype about new homes, and yet I cannot get one. I've been a premium member since 2012 !!! And I have been sat here patiently for months now waiting for a new updated premium home. Meanwhile I just love reading about all the stuff you have been doing to pamper the community within these new regions... How about you get to work and let the rest of us have one of those homes too? Abbandoned my old premium home months ago so I could go claim a new one... Still waiting for that to happen... Unbelievable...

Of course, it didn't take you long, to raise the monthly costs for my premium membership... Any chance I get what I'm paying fore soon?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvZ_y90lArzCt877oYxPg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Reading through this, it really seems that the loudest, most sarcastic and/or angriest voices on each side are winding each other up and drowning out the quieter ones.

It just makes everything worse. If you don't want to see people complaining then why are you reading this thread in the first place?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, JMB Balogh said:

I'm really tired of waiting for a linden home.  I abandoned my old one in April and by the time I had cleared it, the new ones were all gone and I've not been successful since.  I've been premium for 9 years but no priority and you are in a lottery with those who join today!  Sighs.  

Yea, and that's in my oppinion very badly handled by LL. Instead of this whole drama storm, they should have distributed them fairly. Longer the premium member, higher on the list of getting a new one. It really baffles me, the way LL has handled this... They should have seen this coming.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Annielle Destiny said:

Yea, and that's in my oppinion very badly handled by LL. Instead of this whole drama storm, they should have distributed them fairly. Longer the premium member, higher on the list of getting a new one. It really baffles me, the way LL has handled this... They should have seen this coming.

I doubt there exists something as a "fair distribution" - they should just have waited until enough were ready - the damage is done and irreversible - now they have to deal with what they caused

• Like 2

Just now, Fionalein said:

I doubt there exists something as a "fair distribution" - they should just have waited until enough were ready - the damage is done and irreversible - now they have to deal with what they caused

You are probably right. Can just hope they pay attention to all this and learn from it.

8 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

If you don't want to see people complaining then why are you reading this thread in the first place?

because it's a forum
because it's no complaining anymore
because... just that

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

because it's a forum
because it's no complaining anymore
because... just that

Can I start complaining about your meta-complaining now? I'll just copy your reasoning if asked why I do it =^.^=

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Can I start complaining about your meta-complaining now? I'll just copy your reasoning if asked why I do it =^.^=

play fair and accept the other opinions too. You'r blaming others to tell your camp to shut up, but now you'r telling me to do so?
This thread has run it's purpose directly after starting, all what happens now is enforcing eachothers whining... if feel bad/yeah you feel bad/i feel wors/yeah you should feel worse/are you sure you don't feel really bad?....... a.s.o

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

play fair and accept the other opinions too. You'r blaming others to tell your camp to shut up, but now you'r telling me to do so?

If an individual declares they either like or don't like something there does not need to be an evaluation as to whether their declaration in and of itself is acceptable (the fact that they have chosen to say they like or don't like something).
Stick to discussing WHAT they've declared instead of judging whether the actual expression itself is right or wrong.
Your frequent assessment about any complaint has been that the very expression of a complaint ITSELF is wrong and open to challenge.