NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:05 AM, Marianne Little said:

No, the homes are not available to others than those who got a place in Belli. I wish they were.

I doubt they would be a competition to the house sellers already in the market. Fine as the LH houses and boats are - no complaints here - I would not use them if I had to cover the LI cost on my own land. They are great, but LI heavy.

I would also say they should be no modify, because the Bellisseria houses are no modify. So what good would it be to mod the sandbox - houses??

It would also be good for the people making add - ons. Now, people like me, have to take down the decor for making walls. Unless I fail and link up the walls with my furniture. Or texture the wrong item. That may have happened....😲

People making add - ons would not have to own a place in Belli. This would mean more options in the add - ons market. The more, the better. Now add - ons are limited to those who have a home and can make a model in place, then export it and work on it.

As you may or may not know, I spent considerable time and effort recreating my Windlass on my own sim. So, had the LL homes been available on the market, I would surely have bought one. Which, I think, is precisely why they didn't do that: they want to create communities, and not have ppl like me retreat on their own islands.

Besides, if you could just buy a home/houseboat on MP, it would no longer be a Premium perk, kinda. That would probably be enough reason alone for them never to even consider it.

Nonethess, I think it would have been ideal for ppl already wanting to decorate, but still having to wait for an actual spot at Bellisseria. But, realistically, I don't see them do that any time Soon(tm).

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

the moles build the Monopoly houses and build roads and bridges and canals and plant flowers and trees. 

So I'm not the only one who keeps thinking they look like Monopoly houses.  I think they look totally adorable when they are at this stage and I keep wanting to roll the dice!  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, roseelvira said:

If you go to where they are getting ready to launch the next batch you will be in awe ,,,,,,,,,, it  is a  LOT OF  WORK !!!!!!  and if you want the same ole as in the  older generation   meaning unless you are on  a hill ridge or by the water   no matter where it  is same ole   landscaping ,,,,,,,,, but they are making it unique  with the different ways the streets   and placement of the  homes  and shrubbs and trees etc ,,,,,  when you get one   it will be worth it   and looking  at the new  lots being released   wow   worth the wait ,,,, and hugs and love to every one and to the moles who are busting   butt  working hard   big shout  out and hugs to our moles ,,,,,,,, and  it is worth the  wait ,,,,,, 

I've never gotten to see the areas where the moles are in the middle of creating or building, but it has always sounded like a lot of work to me. I couldn't imagine how much thought and effort has to go behind the layout of houses and landscaping. I love seeing all the photos that people share though who are more courageous to explore than I am. It is so interesting the small differences they are adding here and there to make areas more unique. I do know I appreciate all the hard work and dedication the Lindens and Moles both exhibit. I agree with you completely. ☺️

• Like 6

It's easy to say they shouldn't have released any until there was enough for everyone who wanted one (disregarding the length of time we'd have to wait), but the difficult part I think would be determining what that number would have been:

- the number of homes that were occupied in the old LH continents at the time they started building the SSP continent? 

- the number of premium accounts at the time they started building the SSP continent?

- the number of premium accounts at the time they showcased the first houses and houseboats at the Home and Garden Expo?

I think that with each exposure (showcasing the homes at events like the Home & Garden Expo or SL16B) or with each large release, the number of people who now want a new linden  home increases, so the number of homes needed is an ever-changing number. We have seen in the forums that people who had not ever been premium before, have become premium in order to get a new linden home.  We have seen people that have been premium for years, but have never been interested in a linden home before, now wanting a new linden home.  How would you expect LL to accurately count these types of changes beforehand?  

Even if they had managed to build in secret enough homes to match the number of occupied old LH's at the time they started the build, once they were released and everyone saw them, it would not have been enough homes for the number of people who would have decided, after seeing the homes, that they now they now want a new linden home.   

Also, there will be more themes of homes available - I think Patch had indicated that there will be more than 4 themes - so the other question is how would they know ahead of time how many of each theme to build, if they weren't building and releasing as they went along? And if they had a lottery or a waiting list, which theme would you want to sign up for (without knowing what the additional themes will be)?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@moirakathleen, very well said and you make some great points.  The amount of premium members before the release of the new homes vs. the amount of premium members after the first release, has increased.  The Lindens and Moles have all said that the level of positive response to the new homes really surprised them and I don't believe they envisioned the residents going this crazy over those homes/houseboats.   They knew that they were going to be a hit but not this big of a hit, basically.  You are right, the numbers have changed on that demand, so no matter how they did this, I think we still would have had a shortage, regardless if they had held the new homes for a longer period of time and had more to release later.  On the first release, the houseboats went like hotcakes and the demand for them was through the roof.  The homes were not far behind on that demand.  At least now, the Linden's and Mole's do have a better idea on how much their work is being received and it does allow them to make adjustments for the long-term planning.    

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Angie Mornington said:

Hi, I don't even see the option for the new homes on my land selection page.  I only see the previous 4 themes on the drop down menu.  Is this because Bellisseria sold out? 

Because they are currently all taken.  When more become available, it will show as an option.  There are a few abandoned homes each day.  A new region is release roughly every Mon, Wed, and Fri. LL is also working on the Campers & Trailers, which will be a large release in a month or two or so.  Also there are more themes coming later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

It's easy to say they shouldn't have released any until there was enough for everyone who wanted one (disregarding the length of time we'd have to wait), but the difficult part I think would be determining what that number would have been:

- the number of homes that were occupied in the old LH continents at the time they started building the SSP continent? 

- the number of premium accounts at the time they started building the SSP continent?

- the number of premium accounts at the time they showcased the first houses and houseboats at the Home and Garden Expo?

I think that with each exposure (showcasing the homes at events like the Home & Garden Expo or SL16B) or with each large release, the number of people who now want a new linden  home increases, so the number of homes needed is an ever-changing number. We have seen in the forums that people who had not ever been premium before, have become premium in order to get a new linden home.  We have seen people that have been premium for years, but have never been interested in a linden home before, now wanting a new linden home.  How would you expect LL to accurately count these types of changes beforehand?  

I’m not sure if Linden Labs conducted market research before planning this new continent. I’ve been in SL, since 2006, and have had a premium account a couple times. It wasn’t until now that I really could see the benefit of going premium. If LL did poll the residents, I never was contacted. I would have voted for a houseboat, though (still eludes me). 

2 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I’m not sure if Linden Labs conducted market research before planning this new continent. I’ve been in SL, since 2006, 

Per your second statement, you should know the answer to the first.  When did LL ever conduct any market research on something that impacts the Residents before actually doing it?

• Haha 3

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Per your second statement, you should know the answer to the first.  When did LL ever conduct any market research on something that impacts the Residents before actually doing it?

Good one! I thought I’d bring up market research, since I only became vaguely aware of the new houses in March. I hadn’t been following the SSP thread, since last August. I figured I could have missed something. I’ve become well read in the last couple of months, though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I’m not sure if Linden Labs conducted market research before planning this new continent. I’ve been in SL, since 2006, and have had a premium account a couple times. It wasn’t until now that I really could see the benefit of going premium. If LL did poll the residents, I never was contacted. I would have voted for a houseboat, though (still eludes me). 

Even if they had taken some sort of poll, I'm sure that the answers before any of us saw the actual builds (including the beautiful landscaping and individuality of the regions) would have been different than the answers after we saw what they really looked like.  Even at the Home & Garden expo last spring where we had our first chance to walk around the showcase area and walk through all the home styles, there were many who were complaining about them being too small, etc.   If a poll had been taken right at that moment in time, before residents had a chance to start decorating the interiors and posting those pics so that others could see the possibilities, I think the poll numbers would have been different than they would be later (or will be in the future once we actually seen and been able to walk around in the additional themes that will be introduced in the future).

I think a lot of the demand came from residents seeing what others were able to do decorating-wise, as well as hearing about the sense of community that was forming in the new area when it actually started being populated - both things that are demand "number-changers", I believe. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Even if they had taken some sort of poll, I'm sure that the answers before any of us saw the actual builds (including the beautiful landscaping and individuality of the regions) would have been different than the answers after we saw what they really looked like.  Even at the Home & Garden expo last spring where we had our first chance to walk around the showcase area and walk through all the home styles, there were many who were complaining about them being too small, etc.   If a poll had been taken right at that moment in time, before residents had a chance to start decorating the interiors and posting those pics so that others could see the possibilities, I think the poll numbers would have been different than they would be later (or will be in the future once we actually seen and been able to walk around in the additional themes that will be introduced in the future).

I think a lot of the demand came from residents seeing what others were able to do decorating-wise, as well as hearing about the sense of community that was forming in the new area when it actually started being populated - both things that are demand "number-changers", I believe. 

So very true.  If they had done a poll before anyone saw anything, folks would still have initially thought of the old Linden Homes and most would have just responded with "blah".  Seeing them at the Home & Garden Expo, did get quite a few excited, but there definitely were lots that complained about the inside size, saying they would never want one.  Much of the excitement really has come about because of all the pictures that were posted.  Many of the initial naysayers changed their tune and started trying to get a home. Granted, some gave up their homes when LL changed the security policy, but overall they have been a far bigger hit than I think anyone could have predicted.

LL definitely didn't want to drop 50,000 homes out there and have them be mostly empty like much of the old Homes are.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So very true.  If they had done a poll before anyone saw anything, folks would still have initially thought of the old Linden Homes and most would have just responded with "blah".  Seeing them at the Home & Garden Expo, did get quite a few excited, but there definitely were lots that complained about the inside size, saying they would never want one.  Much of the excitement really has come about because of all the pictures that were posted.  Many of the initial naysayers changed their tune and started trying to get a home. Granted, some gave up their homes when LL changed the security policy, but overall they have been a far bigger hit than I think anyone could have predicted.

LL definitely didn't want to drop 50,000 homes out there and have them be mostly empty like much of the old Homes are.

When I toured them at the Home & Garden Expo, that was kind of my reaction. It was before I knew that you could swap out the house or houseboat styles. That was kind of a game changer for me. The excitement that has grown reminds me of my early days in SL. 😊

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

So true. I saw them at the H&G show and was totally underwhelmed. If LL had asked me at the time, I'd have said I was giving the whole project a pass.

Despite that,  I went ahead and got a house the night they were released because I had spare land allowance and I was bored at that moment, but I figured I'd not keep it long. I knew for sure I did not want a houseboat, though, after seeing them at the show. Too small! Too crowded!

A couple of weeks later, after seeing what people were doing with them, I got a random houseboat that someone had abandoned. Guess which one I like better now? lol

• Like 5

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I highly doubt if they had dropped 50,000 of homes for us, there wouldn't be any upset customers cause near all of us would have one by now LOL. See if they had waited and done that, their demand would be far more fulfilled than it is now, and there wouldn't' be nearly as many issues or upset second life users who are paying for premium as is.

13 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

who are paying for premium as is.

I was a premium member before the new Linden homes were announced. So, for myself, I felt the premium benefits were worthwhile even without the announcement of the new Linden homes.  Not everyone who is paying for premium does so just because of the new Linden homes, in fact there are people paying for premium who may not even be interested in having a Linden home, new or old. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I highly doubt if they had dropped 50,000 of homes for us, there wouldn't be any upset customers cause near all of us would have one by now LOL. See if they had waited and done that, their demand would be far more fulfilled than it is now, and there wouldn't' be nearly as many issues or upset second life users who are paying for premium as is.

No there would still be upset users because the house they got didn't meet their standards, wasn't in the area they wanted, didn't have the right bushes, not enough bushes, too many bushes.  Then they would return the house they didn't like and try to get another, blame LL for that too and then complain that they've been defrauded, baited, switched, battered, fried, etc. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

My take away is that when people saw the houses by themselves they thought "Meh." But once they saw them in the context of a planned out community where every location was unique in some way it changed to "Oh hell yes!" So the very thing that makes them so desirable is the one thing that makes it impossible to simply pump out 50 or 100k copies overnight. If they *had* done that, the reaction still would have been "Meh" and they'd be left with a glut of empty homes. I think everyone understands this on some level and people aren't as much upset that they didn't "make enough for everyone" from the get go as much as they are upset they haven't been able to get one yet. It just sounds more egalitarian to cloak desire for yourself as concern for all.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I was a premium member before the new Linden homes were announced. So, for myself, I felt the premium benefits were worthwhile even without the announcement of the new Linden homes.  Not everyone who is paying for premium does so just because of the new Linden homes, in fact there are people paying for premium who may not even be interested in having a Linden home, new or old. 

Okay, and that's cool and all, but I was referencing the people who do want the homes, which is quite a few of the currently paying members. 

4 minutes ago, Tomomi Fukai said:

My take away is that when people saw the houses by themselves they thought "Meh." But once they saw them in the context of a planned out community where every location was unique in some way it changed to "Oh hell yes!" So the very thing that makes them so desirable is the one thing that makes it impossible to simply pump out 50 or 100k copies overnight. If they *had* done that, the reaction still would have been "Meh" and they'd be left with a glut of empty homes. I think everyone understands this on some level and people aren't as much upset that they didn't "make enough for everyone" from the get go as much as they are upset they haven't been able to get one yet. It just sounds more egalitarian to cloak desire for yourself as concern for all.  

They've made multiple houses now so they've got the scripting down at least for the houses, for the regions, I get it, landscaping takes time. But when they do have regions ready, Like I have been flying around and see a couple of named regions with houses up and everything, they only release one at a time each day they do a release? Like.. how's that gonna help resolve the issue? On top of that, there's the refresh block that's making it near impossible to even try as well.

That's pretty much like promising a golden ticket to 1 kid in every 100 that buy a wonka bar in hopes of being lucky. 

Edited by AlyceAdrift

Linden Homes have always been a limited commodity. They only have so many. This is just the first time in 10 years the demand has been greater than the supply. They don't want to make the same mistake they did 10 years ago either. Look at the old Linden Homes on the map. There are 4 continents of them. Everyone wanted one because they felt they were "owed" one as part of their membership so they cloned them. Most people played with it for a bit then got bored and  moved on or kept it just because they could and it didn't cost them anything extra. What do people call them now? "The SLums?"

No one is owed a Linden Home. You are owed 1024sqm of free land tier. You can use that toward a Linden Home in the style you want if one is available.  That has never changed. It's just that nobody has wanted them much since a decade ago. I want to see everyone who wants a Linden Home to get one, and at some point they will. And if the limited availability and slow roll of new (and what people seem to agree are better) sims means the people who get them seriously want them for all the right reasons and not just because they can, then the end result will be all the better. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Tomomi Fukai said:

Linden Homes have always been a limited commodity. They only have so many. This is just the first time in 10 years the demand has been greater than the supply. They don't want to make the same mistake they did 10 years ago either. Look at the old Linden Homes on the map. There are 4 continents of them. Everyone wanted one because they felt they were "owed" one as part of their membership so they cloned them. Most people played with it for a bit then got bored and  moved on or kept it just because they could and it didn't cost them anything extra. What do people call them now? "The SLums?"

No one is owed a Linden Home. You are owed 1024sqm of free land tier. You can use that toward a Linden Home in the style you want if one is available.  That has never changed. It's just that nobody has wanted them much since a decade ago. I want to see everyone who wants a Linden Home to get one, and at some point they will. And if the limited availability and slow roll of new (and what people seem to agree are better) sims means the people who get them seriously want them for all the right reasons and not just because they can, then the end result will be all the better. 

925495ffa8f3591bda69094d644daa50.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.