Expedited to engineers, weird inability to log in from this computer

Case Hammerthall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok, here's what's happening and what I've done to try and fix this issue.....

In the middle of the night my avatar was booted from the client. This isn't too odd, and so I attempted to log back in the following morning thinking little of it. I got this particular, fairly popular error: login failure.... second life cannot be accessed from this computer.

Now, please... move you brain pans AWAY from the typical responses. This is not a ban, as confirmed by second life tech support... I have nothing on my account, no flags, nothing. Infact the support people are a little baffled, and thus my ticket has been expedited. I don't believe in waiting on them, idle hands isn't my thing, so I'm asking this brilliant community for possible solutions. Before you list any solution that is common sense please read this list of trouble shooting steps I've taken....

filled out a help ticket

talked with live chat

reset my modem, router

tested another computer on this network -logs in fine, but is a pos-

enabled access on all listed tcp and such ports as per the wiki instructions

uninstalled/reinstalled all clients of second life -to include third party and chat based clients-

turned OFF my firewalls, all of them, just to test that end

Literally none of this has worked. I am operating a dell e520 with upgrades, windows 7, this is a fairly new settup. I should also note this exact pc, though new-ish to me, was running second life perfectly for over a week. HELP, cause I'm going crazy trying to figure this out.

much love -salutes-

5 answers to this question

Hard to think of anything you haven't covered.

Rather than just reset your modem/router as you did, I'd suggest you actually switch it off for at least 10 minutes then switch it on again.

Resetting your modem should have cleared the DNS cache so unlikely manually clearing the DNS cache would improve matters but maybe try it anyway.

Have you contacted your ISP and asked for help?

I guess it's puzzling everyone as nobody else is replying. The only other thing I can think of is a MAC address hardware ban but that could not happen by accident, Linden Lab would have to have initiated it and you say support deny any knowledge of taking any action. However, it's not unknow for mistakes to happen. Does this thread have a familiar ring to it.
http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/111/80/272273/1.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.