Cam Mode

Fatigue as a style of management

On 7/3/2019 at 10:52 AM, Cam Mode said:

Because you are the be all?                         "need"

Nope, you missed the dock, my issue is the style Linden is doing things not message content. Tired of the half baked deliveries.

And this IS the issue.  LL needs to hire a skilled writer with IQ enough to synthesize complexities into thorough simplicities. 

Yes,  I am available.

• Haha 3

On 7/3/2019 at 4:19 AM, Cam Mode said:

I'm getting tired of this style myself---

great new Linden homes -but not enough for months, years

premium rate increase

cash out fee increase

slight tempering of above with non premium groups and 3 mo premium staying the same

badly explained Tilia roll-out

Second Life is getting to be like shopping for cable and a cell phone provider. On two lines at the same time.

It's supposed to be fun, smooth easy. For most of us SL  is LEISURE.

I want to eyeball the blog and go "ok."

Tired of the Forum clusters while we work through the maze of unanswered ,partially answered questions.  It is tiring. TIRING.

Why don't they have internal resident ,creator focus groups, anticipate the sticking points and either change or explain them .

Finally, introduce a polished product. Right off. Like most 16 year old companies do. Thanks.

Well, I don't like your style... What is the point of that complaint?

There are always Linden Homes available. I've never been to the Linden- Homes-page when there weren't. They do sell out of Bellisseria homes. But they have addressed that and are making smaller but more frequent releases. The Moles are going as fast as they can. With Bellisseria demand has outpaced production. And why didn't you tell them that was going to happen?

This is the first Premium rate increase in the life of SL, 16 years. What are you buying that has not gone up in price in the last 16 years?

More US laws and bookkeeping requirements are driving up the cost of doing business. More restrictions to avoid money laundering. All this pushes the cost up. The Lab isn't out of line raising processing fees. 

One doesn't have to get their information from the SL Forum. There are several blogs that cover developments in SL. Mine is one of them. The Lindens provide special events and weekly user group meetings where we can talk to the Lindens. Their SL Blog posts are written in High-School level language. None of the stuff they cover is rocket science. So, if you think it is poorly explained, try doing better.

I've never found getting cable or a phone service that difficult. 

As to focus groups... they have them. Why do you think they don't? Oh wait. You were too tired to notice them...

Introduce a polished product... You're funny. What company do you know of that has developed a product for 16 years then brought it to market? 

You should really try to get in touch with reality.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:52 AM, Cam Mode said:

Because you are the be all?                         "need"

Nope, you missed the dock, my issue is the style Linden is doing things not message content. Tired of the half baked deliveries.

Linden style of "half baked" deliveries... Have you played any MMO other than SL? All the ones I've seen use the same style of delivery as SL. WOW, Guild Wars, Black Desert, Star Citizen which is still  in development on v 3.6 and no final release, EVE Online, the old Myst Online... 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Have you played any MMO other than SL? All the ones I've seen use the same style of delivery as SL. WOW, Guild Wars, Black Desert, Star Citizen which is still  in development on v 3.6 and no final release, EVE Online, the old Myst Online... 

Yes, but none of the ones you mentioned. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Look at the way Tilia is being introduced and explained. Days and days  of people grinding questions.

Name one other company that behaves this way- about basic changes to business issues. Not debating the  tech merits of one type of mesh vs. another.

As previously stated, my "beef" is STYLE  not content.

(BTW-Nice commercial Nalates).

I guess fatigue got the Lab too. Town Hall was a week ago and no minutes. Which just drags this out. When they publish the  Forum wheels will start up again.

Reminds me of the Netflix Quikster debacle in this classic video. Two guys who couldn't look more uncomfortable- did marketing corner  them sneaking out through the parking lot? "Hurry Reed, we'll take your Porsche."

Noted for the shirt that matches Reed's eyes, the setting - out by the back door garbage cans with freeway noise and of course, that Quikster died before we could get the tee shirt.

On 7/8/2019 at 1:43 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

And why didn't you tell them that was going to happen?

'Wait... seriously?

OK, I don't have a new home and I'm reasonably resigned to the fact that it'll probably be a good year or two before I get one.  When I do get one it'll be substandard... whatever bottom of the barrel refuse is left over.  I can deal with all of that.... much as I shouldn't have to... because in the end, this is a game.

That being said, NOBODY should've needed to tell LL that if they release an awesome new feature but release it in packets that are roughly 1/1000 of the demand every few days then they are going to have an awful lot of unhappy customers.  If someone needed to tell LL that, then the entire company can be considered "grossly incompetent".  If some employee came to me with an awesome new plan and then told me, "On the average, customers will only be able to wish for at least a year." I'd have told them to go back to the drawing boards and figure a new product or new release strategy.  Because that's just plain pretty unacceptable.

• Thanks 2

Official website Blog post;

Entry posted by Linden Lab · July 9

7/10 Update - For those who can't join us for the inworld event, we will be providing a video and transcript soon after the live event.

Instead the Lab closed the "Official Tilia Q&A Forum Thread "referred people to a non-official blog for the promised transcript  (waves at legal and waves at the ADA compliance department) , tucks Soft Linden's comments deep in a different blog heading and doesn't wrap it up in an official website blog banner pointing CUSTOMERS  to all the places  you  corporately decided to wrap this issue up so that the average customer who doesn't dig around can find out what happened.

With all respect,  the tin ear is full view here. You should never get, um, "fatigued", to finish an issue in an easily accessible manner to the average CLIENT who just looks at the website. Just because whomever at the Lab got bored and moved on doesn't mean you should as a company just leave an important  topic like bits of debris scattered around the place. It would not take much.