N/A

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ooooh! I want to role-play a Fairy-Unicorn-Dragon with super magical powers who eats all men and little boys and poops rainbows! Since your descriptions says *absolutely nothing whatsoever about anything at all* I shall presume I will be very welcome there.

The following may hurt a little, but needs to be said and I'm just saying what many others are thinking: I am not going to bother going through the effort and taking the time to find you since it is you wanting something from me. When you're serious and want something then SELL it, make it easy for buyers. Try posting more, detailed information about your product, otherwise people roll their eyes and move on. I am doing you a favor by posting this and I'm not doing it for you, but rather it is a wasted-click and a waste of my time to load this page for nothing, so I may as well respond in an appropriate way according to what I'm responding to.

Oh, and by the way: that fastest way to kill a role-play anything? Require an application.

As for your new RP region: good luck with that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Ooooh! I want to role-play a Fairy-Unicorn-Dragon with super magical powers who eats all men and little boys and poops rainbows! Since your descriptions says *absolutely nothing whatsoever about anything at all* I shall presume I will be very welcome there.

The following may hurt a little, but needs to be said and I'm just saying what many others are thinking: I am not going to bother going through the effort and taking the time to find you since it is you wanting something from me. When you're serious and want something then SELL it, make it easy for buyers. Try posting more, detailed information about your product, otherwise people roll their eyes and move on. I am doing you a favor by posting this and I'm not doing it for you, but rather it is a wasted-click and a waste of my time to load this page for nothing, so I may as well respond in an appropriate way according to what I'm responding to.

Oh, and by the way: that fastest way to kill a role-play anything? Require an application.

As for your new RP region: good luck with that.

Alyona is right. Though I notice you've added tags there at the top; BDSM, Gor, Slave, Village, etc. Don't rely on these in place of writing actual details. You'd be surprised just how many people don't even look at them. Beyond that, they're just keywords with their own multitude of possible interpretations. And on top of that, there are already a multitude of regions/RP sims, and parcels based on the same subjects. You need to give people an idea of what sets you apart from all the rest, if anything.

Regarding an application: may I suggest an alternative? Applications are the equivalent of RL Resumes or Curricula Vitae. These applications may look good on paper, but in actual fact tell you nothing useful. Or be full of lies. Probably both. You're not going to get the right fit if you base your criteria on words alone. I'd suggest a more low-key approach. Suggest people contact you. Talk with them. See what they are like to deal with since these same people will be helping support your vision. You want to see how they deal with others, how they deal with you, or whether you sense ***-kissery from the start and get the feeling that this person who sounded good on paper is actually incapable of conflict resolution, or has the attention span of a toddler hyped up on caffeine, or can't write for spit. If you get a good vibe from them, have a trial basis. Sure some people will balk and that and leave because they don't care for your region, they just want the power that comes with being staff, or power players, or whatever. Also as a last note; don't ever rely on a few people to support the weight of a region. If something unforeseen happens and they leave then your vision goes with them. Be flexible regarding canon roles and have your lore as such that personnel change of key seats is seamless and as non-disruptive to the overall story arc where possible.

Anyway, best of luck. And if you haven't already I'd suggest reading the RP subforum NOT to advertise of course, but to get some idea where your chosen market sits compared to public demand: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/320-role-play/

:) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.