avatar items missing from data base after main ch update

dd Temin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After main channel up date  today    my avatar will not rez... ( remain cloud)  sends  a list of missing  avatar  items that  it can not find in Data base... clear catch  and relog was no help

Main channel update today has  caused loss of  avatar parts in data base.......  very upsetting

There is a post on this subject in the Avatar forums, quick help is to use the character tests or else create and wear a default body, skin, hair and eyes set of of body parts.

The official LL viewer which supports XP 3.7.28(300847) displays this behaviour too, it isn't just Singularity.

I just read Inara Pey's blog and apparently Singularity 7640 is the suggested build number to update to so I must have pre-empted the problem when I switched from 7509 several weeks ago to stop the 15-minute disconnects. Now I'm wondering how all those other Singu users managed to keep logged in on the earlier versions when I was being bombed out five times an hour? It's a slightly crazy virtual world out there (says Arthur Brown)

11 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

There is a post on this subject in the Avatar forums, quick help is to use the character tests or else create and wear a default body, skin, hair and eyes set of of body parts.

The official LL viewer which supports XP 3.7.28(300847) displays this behaviour too, it isn't just Singularity.

There is an inventory API that was used by older viewers. SL v3.7.28 is an older viewer. It won't be able to use the newer API's that have come out in the last couple of years because they wen't know when that viewer version was written. The inventory calls changed 2016. The Lindens have been shutting down the old API's and removing the code from the system. So, any viewer depending on the old API's is going to fail, which is what you are seeing with the 3.7.28 and Singularity viewers.

But, API problems are not the only cause of bake fail. Bake fail is a symptom of a number of problems. A bad connection can cause bake fail. A DMCA filing can trigger bake fail for all using the item withdrawn from the SL system, cache corruption (rare), inventory corruption, and probably more that I'm not thinking of just now.

I came here to post about the fix, but i see that Profaitchikenz Haiku above has already mentioned it, thank goodness. Too bad I didn't find this before I spent one of the worst SL days ever trying to ask for help and to fix it myself. All I was finding when I was searching previously was old postings from over 4 years ago. I should have looked in the Most Recent postings, but I thought it was a problem that was just affecting me since I hadn't logged in for a while.

To recap, the sync would never complete, and new items could not be added until it was complete, so it said. Some areas of the interface said I was wearing new attachments, other areas did not, and the Right-Click on Appearance was not there, so it was broken too, and rebake and clear cache and restarts and updates and other viewers and other computers.... none of it worked. So I just kept trying to attach and detach objects, and the popups would say items were not in inventory, even though I could clearly see them in the list (not just links).

I had found two items (hair and shape) that were working, but I could not find ANY hair or eyes that would work. So after fishing around a while, I decided to try over in the Inventory CREATE NEW skin, and that is what FINALLY worked. I then made NEW eyes also, and so the final result was that I now have only those 4 items in use Hair Skin Shape and Eyes, as user Haiku noted above.

Good luck and I hope everyone who has been hit by this breakage will find this thread. And Lindens... Please Stop Releasing Things before you Fully test them! It's not worth $100 a year to spend a whole day trying to fix what I'm paying for you to keep working. Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.