Name tags, help asking

Sunbleached

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

Hello! Can I post in connection with my questions the tags with the names of forum participants who are competent in a particular area and asking for help? In the case of for example, if I can not get a response for a long time.

you can, but keep in mind you can put yourself in a position that's not making you very popular and can make you get a reputation as pushy
For example posts with remarks as "urgent" are skipped by many people that are potential good helpers.
Also tagging specific people, make others pass the post without answering.
If you need private help hire a personal assistent ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

you can, but keep in mind you can put yourself in a position that's not making you very popular and can make you get a reputation as pushy
For example posts with remarks as "urgent" are skipped by many people that are potential good helpers.
Also tagging specific people, make others pass the post without answering.
If you need private help hire a personal assistent ?

Hi! Thanks for your answer!

Well if I wrote somewhere an "urgent", then it really was an urgent matter. For me at least.

I do pay and hire when its serious.

And i am here for help, not to be popular.

7 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

Hi! Thanks for your answer!

Well if I wrote somewhere an "urgent", then it really was an urgent matter. For me at least.

I do pay and hire when its serious.

And i am here for help, not to be popular.

the forums have a structure for a reason, you can put your questions there in a right category
From there people will jump in, not only the people yóu like or even appricate answering.

To say it more clear perhaps: do not tag, unless it is really needed. And that is véry rarely. For sure not the regular techie questions that are posted. Most will even be answered faster when you use search or even google.

I didn't give the example of "urgent" without reason. Not many questions are that urgent that you need a special threatment. Simply ask your question and be patient.
Or. for many questions, look inworld for teachers.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

Hello! Can I post in connection with my questions the tags with the names of forum participants who are competent in a particular area and asking for help? In the case of for example, if I can not get a response for a long time.

If you know who is expert, tagging them is harmless. It is more common for replies to tag people, than “original posts”.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunbleached said:

@Fox Wijaya @Love Zhaoying

I would like to clarify the situation a little. I created a topic that will consist of several sub-questions that may arise. I received an answer to the first question, but another one appeared. and what to do now? create a new post or continue old? but how do i get attention?

See if anyone is “following” your thread. If so, they will get email notification of all posts, and may just be busy or in a different time zone. Anyone who previously replied, feel free to tag - they cared enough to reply once, tagging will notify them and perhaps they will reply again. Just don’t abuse tagging by using it in every thread, multiple times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

@Fox Wijaya @Love Zhaoying

but how do i get attention?

not like this, in a thread as this it's totally unneeded to tag

place your question and be patient. if it'sone subject do not open new threads but stick to the original, people who are interested will come back to it.
If it's a project it can be even more use to find a tutor inworld, thats a lot easier to communicate than a forum.

I think the problem is a bit in the last line i quoted... just be patient, there's nothing here what can't wait a day.
Seems you expect some kind of support, while here you only can get help by residents as yourself, spending their valuable time on helping others, but also have their time in RL or inworld. Respect that please and don't push.

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

See if anyone is “following” your thread. If so, they will get email notification of all posts, and may just be busy or in a different time zone. Anyone who previously replied, feel free to tag - they cared enough to reply once, tagging will notify them and perhaps they will reply again. Just don’t abuse tagging by using it in every thread, multiple times.

the problem is that only one person answered. besides, quite a lot of time has passed, and it is doubtful that the old question would interest anyone else. Is it possible to simply create a new post and number them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.