Official Tilia Q&A Forum Thread (Related Questions Only)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The UNofficial summary (+ video by Peetie Auer).

I've attempted to organise the discussion + questions into topics, rather than a direct minute-by-minute approach to summarising the meeting. I *hope* that will be easier (but frankly, after trawling through things and dealing with an "eventual" Saturday home life, I am at this point somewhat bonkers and not sure what makes sense...

Tilia Inc and Second Life: town hall summary and video

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

AN ACTUAL QUESTION HERE :D

Is the Tilia TOS "avatar" specific or "typist" specific? 

That is, we have previously been told (six years ago) that once ANY avatar in an account had agreed to a TOS, then ALL avatars for that account were considered as having agreed since they had the same real person behind them.  

Can you tell us if that is still true or if the Tilia change is an "avatar specific" TOS.  Some clarification on that point would be welcomed and possibly important to some people and I haven't seen this point come up. 

Thank you. 

Editing here because of a comment (not a question guys -- this is a QUESTION thread). 

Rephrasing, in the past some people believe that if they  accepted the TOS with one avatar  that meant that ALL of their avatars had accepted even if those avatars NEVER logged on again. This had some important ramifications for people who were doing RL work within SL and OKing the TOS would be breaking contracts with others. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info and trying NOT to clutter this thread more
  • Confused 1

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

AN ACTUAL QUESTION HERE :D

Is the Tilia TOS "avatar" specific or "typist" specific? 

That is, we have previously been told (six years ago) that once ANY avatar in an account had agreed to a TOS, then ALL avatars for that account were considered as having agreed since they had the same real person behind them.  

Can you tell us if that is still true or if the Tilia change is an "avatar specific" TOS.  Some clarification on that point would be welcomed and possibly important to some people and I haven't seen this point come up. 

Thank you. 

i never seen that all my accounts had accepted only one TOS agreement, all had to accept seperatly.

QUESTION:   Can you clarify if the inactivity fee (should it apply) is yearly or monthly?  There seems to be some question on that among my friends. Grumpity "may" have said monthly in the Town Hall meeting (timestamp around 52:00) but I have tried to hear it well enough (not a great mic and she was giggling some) and cannot decipher what she said exactly, so I cannot be sure. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

QUESTION:   Can you clarify if the inactivity fee (should it apply) is yearly or monthly?  There seems to be some question on that among my friends. Grumpity "may" have said monthly in the Town Hall meeting (timestamp around 52:00) but I have tried to hear it well enough (not a great mic and she was giggling some) and cannot decipher what she said exactly, so I cannot be sure. 

Thank you!

At 54:59 in the video she clearly says monthly.

Edited by Blush Bravin
added video to make it easy to verify
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager

Thanks again for your patience, feedback and questions over the past couple of weeks. Hopefully, most of your questions and concerns have been addressed in the top post in this forum and/or in our Town Hall - and we'll also soon be updating our official FAQ with these additional answers. We also recommend you check out Inara Pey's blog post for coverage of the Town Hall, which includes a good summary of highlights from the event (including a partial transcript).

As we close down this thread, if you are still not sure how this change may or may not impact your specific circumstances, we encourage you to contact our support team.

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.