Jump to content
Linden Lab

Official Tilia Q&A Forum Thread (Related Questions Only)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Oshun Emor said:

So... if we use paypal to pay for premium and buy lindens, you have to verify your ID. Is that rigth?

No.

You only have to verify ID if you are cashing USD out of LL/Tilia into Paypal or some other external entity.

You can continue to put money into the system -- by paying for Premium, tier, or buying L$ -- in just exactly the same way you always have, without verifying your account.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No.

You only have to verify ID if you are cashing USD out of LL/Tilia into Paypal or some other external entity.

You can continue to put money into the system -- by paying for Premium, tier, or buying L$ -- in just exactly the same way you always have, without verifying your account.

Thank you for the quit reply. :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 2:57 PM, Linden Lab said:

Will Tilia in the future be able to work with banks directly (instead of Paypal)?
We do not have such a service available at this time but are working towards making it available in the future. 

That's great; PayPal and Skrill currently extract very comfortable fees, but their margins may face pressure* from Libra adoption.

Are there already plans for Tilia to interact with Libra and potentially Facebook's Calibra digital wallet?

_____________
*Granted, not nearly as much pressure as Western Union, which has been ripe for disruption for decades.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 6:53 AM, Jilroxy Bonetto said:

- Have you ever thought about the fact, that UK is about to leave the EU? (Brexit)

If this happens, it is very likely, that the UK will have their own regulations outside the GDPR etc. - 

Absolutely nothing will change due to Brexit.

Each EU member state implements the EU Directives in local legislation. The UK implemented GDPR when it enacted the Data Protection Act 2018.

In other words, the essence of GDPR is already and will remain UK legislation.

What LL has failed to do, is describe in plain English and not legalese, the privacy terms it would seem. This is a requirement of GDPR compliance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

That's great; PayPal and Skrill currently extract very comfortable fees, but their margins may face pressure* from Libra adoption.

Are there already plans for Tilia to interact with Libra and potentially Facebook's Calibra digital wallet?

_____________
*Granted, not nearly as much pressure as Western Union, which has been ripe for disruption for decades.

I did ask if they're planning on selling our details to the highest bidder (perhaps that's already been done) as another revenue-raiser, like FaceBrat has most egregiously done from the start, but as far as I'm aware, questions along that line remain unanswered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I did ask if they're planning on selling our details to the highest bidder (perhaps that's already been done) as another revenue-raiser, like FaceBrat has most egregiously done from the start, but as far as I'm aware, questions along that line remain unanswered. 

Because that question is answered in the original notice.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Because that question is answered in the original notice.

Thanks, Alyona - I must have missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Thanks, Alyona - I must have missed it.

With regard to personal, private information about you being sold, Facebook, as horrid as it may be, is tame as compared to another. You should never, ever read and try to understand the Terms of Service with anything Google. Or, at least, only do so after preparing yourself by pre-checking into hospital so they will have the defibrillator charged and ready to go.

Anyone who uses Google Chrome has no business whatsoever being concerned in any way about privacy.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

With regard to personal, private information about you being sold, Facebook, as horrid as it may be, is tame as compared to another. You should never, ever read and try to understand the Terms of Service with anything Google. Or, at least, only do so after preparing yourself by pre-checking into hospital so they will have the defibrillator charged and ready to go.

Anyone who uses Google Chrome has no business whatsoever being concerned in any way about privacy.

Google is my backup, should I develop Alzheimer's. 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is "processing credit" different from paying with an ordinary credit card? You keep giving as an example "pay pal," which is a payment method that draws from other payment methods, in other words you can "pay into it." I use a credit card to buy Lindens. When I register for Tilia, do I still have to provide picture ID and SS number? So is having, say, a VISA or an AMEX card "processing credit" in your books? I don't know how else you'd buy lindens, unless you wrote a check to Linden Lab. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hypatia Pickens said:

How is "processing credit" different from paying with an ordinary credit card? 

It's the other way 'round: "Processing credit" refers to taking money (credit) out of SL, not paying money in. If you're not taking US$s out of your account, this whole Tilia thing is nearly a no-op, other than agreeing to some legalese.

[I realize this thread is supposed to be strictly for questions so I've tried to keep away, but I worry that delay in getting answers into the thread itself is causing confusion to mount.]

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Linden Lab Please in the original post add a glossary of terms. There is a huge amount of confusion over the terms "cashing out" and "process credit."

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Linden Lab (I understand that financial info needs to be linked to an avatar but) I wish for a separate password linked back to my credit card/paypal and not use my SL login one.

Could it not be possible to use both as a 'Two-step Verification Process' when uploading or removing money in/out of SL? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

1 August 2019

blog post announcement here:

 

I am asking about all Residents, and not only who will use the payout function of the Tilia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only question is similar to a couple I've seen here, but why can't the mandatory Tiia account only be applied and accepted the first time after Aug 1 when a person goes to process credit, or cash out, or whatever the proper term is? Rather than forcing every single person and their alts to agree to, and get an account, or never log into SL again? This seems beyond silly to me, and is upsetting quite a few people who have zero use for it. I'm not sure how many people ever exchange their $Ls for $$ if you looked at the entire population. I'd guess well under 10%.. I know I never have in 13+ years, and never plan to. Having the accepting terms as part of the exporting process makes a lot more sense to me.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jules1979 said:

Him 3rd question: "How can i do something adult thing?"

psssst  I think thats 1st question

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jules1979 said:

This process can be easier and they don't need ID card or other.
Who bought linden dollars with a debit card, they can go to adult and moderate places.
This verification process wanna good for the economy too.

Get parent's debit card, buy linden dollars … now they can go to adult and moderate places. It's not a fix. This also isn't a question about Tilia. Do a feature request Jira ticket instead.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say i have payment info used but not a payed second life player will i have to give my ssn and copy of my id if i do not pay when its a free account if i do not plan on cashing out my linden balance ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While checking out the "money transmitter" license granted to Tilia by the State of Florida, I noticed the license has actually expired. What happens to residents of Second Life from Florida who wish to exercise the cashing out service? If Tilia is not licensed to do so, how will those Florida-based residents get their accounts processed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 12:10 PM, Dima Plessis said:

Will any of these changes to a company providing service to multiple virtual platforms potentially impact the $L exchange rate?

Don't avoid this question. I want an answer to this one too. How will this change affect the L$ exchange rate?

And another question: Will changing to Tilia make the linden dollar transaction fee go up again? $1.49 to buy lindens is already ludicrous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:49 AM, Morena Tully said:

My only question is similar to a couple I've seen here, but why can't the mandatory Tiia account only be applied and accepted the first time after Aug 1 when a person goes to process credit, or cash out, or whatever the proper term is? Rather than forcing every single person and their alts to agree to, and get an account, or never log into SL again? This seems beyond silly to me, and is upsetting quite a few people who have zero use for it. I'm not sure how many people ever exchange their $Ls for $$ if you looked at the entire population. I'd guess well under 10%.. I know I never have in 13+ years, and never plan to. Having the accepting terms as part of the exporting process makes a lot more sense to me.

^^ THIS!

After reading the Tilia agreement that we will need to accept on August 1st, I made the decision to completely shut down my SL store.  If you have actually read all of the fine print in that agreement it is very sketchy in places. So I too ask, why are all SL users being required to accept Tilia terms in order to log into SL?  Why can it not be applied/accepted only on the first occasion of a user attempting to either cash out or process credit after August 1st?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked on the Tilia Website, as mentioned in the TOS,  and could not locate the list of the actual amount of the fees charged?  Can some one share the link to the actual amounts of the fees?    thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received a note card inworld that stated the free is $3.00. I have no idea where that amount came from. @Linden Lab - verify. What is the amount of the inactivity fee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all,

We have added more answers to the main post. Please stay tuned for more information and details on the upcoming Tilia Town Hall, where we will answer more of these questions. 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly what U.S. Laws and Regulations is Linden Labs complying with that a subsidiary company/entity must be created? 

Please tell us what they are and what agency is requiring Linden Labs to comply.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...