Official Tilia Q&A Forum Thread (Related Questions Only)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Linden Lab said:

If you have a USD wallet

Please define USD wallet.

In Sansar it's very clear what a USD wallet is as illustrated below

f8b2e5bd074a7d55c9c74b01553c10c9.png

I don't see anything in the Second Life account labelled as wallet. I can assume what it is but I shouldn't have to. This should be clearly defined. Thanks!

Edited by Blush Bravin
add pic and info about sansar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Yes and they stated that really clearly. If you do not have money in your USD balance, than you are not gonna have to pay anything if you leave your account inactive for 12 months. But I thought that USD Balance was actually quite obvious, that is how much you had in USD. I don't know how they need to define it anymore, to make you happy.

My question is in regards to the post by Linden Lab, which isn't letting me quote from the previous page .. so I paste it 

Q:
Will EVERYONE who uses Second Life have to agree to the new Tilia TOS and Privacy Policy - or just those who use credit processing in USD?

A: Only those who have a USD wallet need to consent to Tilia’s ToS. If you have a USD wallet, these will be presented to you when you log in to your SL account on the web.

This is not about paying money or giving personal information but about whether people will have to agree to the TOS. It's clear that if you have a wallet (as yet undefined by LL in regard to Second Life) you WILL have to agree to the TOS.

Hello i just have a question im  alittle confused about Tilia.

When we process credit the Money goes to our paypal ? nothing has changed?because when we process credit it says something like...our Money its gonna be on our Tilia acccount?

So i dont need to do nothing? we acess to tilia when we log in on second life am i right?because what is tilia..im really confused..i just see something on the corner saying Tilia but i dont know what that is...still dont know

So I just sat through the town hall meeting, and none of my questions were directly answered. However, a few things that were said did help clear a few things up, and clued me into more specifically what certain things actually mean. As I understand it, Tilia wallets / accounts will be actual bank accounts because it is a money service. And Grumpity Linden specifically used the term "bank account" at one point in describing the inactivity fee, and Tilia complying with state laws. This makes sense and is as I suspected it was otherwise people would not be required to provide the information that has been mentioned. - this bit only applies to those with a USD balance or who cash out, as has been stated.

However, as I understand it from what Grumpity Linden said, unless you have a USD balance or process credit - on Aug 1st you won't have to accept the Tilia TOS and won't even see it. This specifically cleared up a big concern for me.

I am going to assume that this means if you do not have a USD balance, or do not process credit (convert Lindens to real world currency) and if you do not see or accept the Tilia TOS, then these "accounts" will not be created. I would like specific clarification on this please, but I'm going to assume that they can't open these accounts without our accepting their Tilia TOS.

Also there was mention of, If you are a premium member you won't have an inactivity fee as long as you retain a premium membership. This is likely because you are making a payment, which becomes activity on your SL account. Just like logging in, or checking your balance. So because you are actively paying for membership it can't go inactive. This bit doesn't apply to me because I don't process credit but I thought touching on it in my question here would possibly help others.

That topic however made me ask... If you are a premium member but never cash out would this mean you have used a USD balance? Basically does our premium payment convert to a USD balance and then go out of the account for payment? This was not answered and is NOT specific to my account because it affects all premium account holders so I would like some clarification on this please, as well as just verifying if we do not see the Tilia TOS, and do not have to accept it because it won't apply to us - are these "accounts" still created automatically on Aug 1st. Or are they ONLY created if and when you have a USD balance and have agreed to the TOS? I believe I understand the answers but would like some clear clarification please.

Also.. I'm not angry, however.. Thanks for deleting my previous legitimate question posts Linden people *sarcasm intended*

Seriously, when people post legitimate questions you really should NOT just delete peoples posts. It makes you look sketchy, like you are hiding something or don't want to answer. People like me aren't trying to be rude, we just want to know what's really going on, we need answers for our own peace of mind. Your town hall helped some, but it also created more questions. Also, telling people to contact support is like blowing people off. I know there are some account specific questions which may need this to happen, but there are also a LOT of general every SL user questions that still haven't been clarified, and contacting support has rarely ever gotten me ( i assume or many others) the support or answers I have actually needed. Many like me spend thousands in SL yearly and we would like to feel as though you actually value us as members and don't just want to shut us up or make us "go away" like you make our posts go away.

Thanks for the town hall though, I do feel slightly better but still want clarification in regard to my questions.

• Thanks 2

Well, I took these about 20 mins before the meeting started . It was a lot busier while the meeting was held. Shame the video doesn' t really only briefly shows that ( watch in about 30 mins of video).

Edited by TDD123

14 hours ago, Linden Lab said:

Additionally, please note that we've edited our initial response to one of your questions above and made note of this edit in the original post. Specifically:

Q:
Will EVERYONE who uses Second Life have to agree to the new Tilia TOS and Privacy Policy - or just those who use credit processing in USD?

A: Only those who have a USD wallet need to consent to Tilia’s ToS. If you have a USD wallet, these will be presented to you when you log in to your SL account on the web.

Does anyone know if this is a change in how things were planned to work, or merely a clarification of something that was miscommunicated before? It's counter to an earlier understanding that I think many of us had before. The answer at the top of the thread notes: "*the answer to this question was edited on July 12 to reflect the most up to date information*" which suggests we weren't the origin of this misunderstanding.

As others are asking, it's not clear the conditions under which one comes to possess this "USD wallet" and whether it comes and goes depending on whether one has a non-zero USD balance, and whether it's involved with immediate direct USD transactions (paying exact amounts of Premium subscription, tier, etc).

So, if one doesn't have a USD wallet on August 1 and then later somehow acquires a USD wallet by selling L$s on the LindeX (for example), did they agree to the Tilia ToS to be able to place the LindeX order (or do whatever else) that could create a USD balance?

(This all may have been explained in the Town Hall. I'm hoping the promised transcript will be available before I'm compelled to actually sit through the YouTube myself. I'm willing to make sacrifices for SL, but over an hour of YouTube is a lot to consume.)

Is a wallet's existence still applicable if it's an empty wallet, and has always been empty? I have a USD wallet. (" only those with USD wallets will need to consent to...) It has always had a balance of $0.00, but every account has that feature. (everyone has a USD wallet) It almost seems like wording it differently after the meeting technically changed nothing? Please clarify if $0 balance is still a wallet.

Edited by Morena Tully

18 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Does anyone know if this is a change in how things were planned to work, or merely a clarification of something that was miscommunicated before?

in the original post:

Effective August 1, in order to continue using Second Life you will have to agree to Tilia’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.  A Tilia Account associated with your Second Life Account will automatically be created for you and you will not need a separate username or password to access your Tilia Account.  

under that line, they start about additional info when you really ask for a process credit, but as you see, there's only "You will have to" .. could be meant ontherwise, but if so , it's again the typpical lame way LL informs it's customers ... drop something... oh oh..riots, lets change it a bit..they will swallow now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks.

A different question (which I'm only guessing wasn't addressed at the Town Hall), prompted by folks who have fussed that the Tilia and Second Life accounts share username and password:

In order to achieve simultaneous password update, is it the case that both Tilia and Second Life accounts share a single authentication service (perhaps a common OAUTH instance), which would naturally be substantially more secure than two separate authentication databases (doubling vulnerability)?

That said: Wouldn't this be an opportune time to separate the login and avatar identities, so a single login identity could authenticate multiple alt avatars? (I'm sure there are jiras about this; it's a long-sought feature.)

Qie,

Seen the time constraints to implements it asap, I think the first question you asked is already ready or in place, but the second is evidently an ongoing work in progress which won' t make the deadline on August 1st.

Apparantly time wasn' t on their side,. Which seemed pretty obvious to me since I came in here this week and reading into it's " progress".

( Meaning : those, perhaps few, within LL Inc. running SL have not much of a choice either. )

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2

Ok, so I'm confused as to why my last question seems to have been deleted. It was a simple question, politely written. I've not seen an answer yet. So I'll ask similarly:

Question: If a user no longer wants to be able to process credit, or is leaving SL,  how do they get their ID verification data removed from LL's databases? Is there a specific procedure? Also, what is the minimum amount of time ID scans are stored- is it as long as the account exists or is the account marked as verified and then the scan deleted?

As someone who may wish to process credit in the future these are questions relevant to data security, and LL should be able to openly provide that information.

54 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Ok, so I'm confused as to why my last question seems to have been deleted. It was a simple question, politely written. I've not seen an answer yet. So I'll ask similarly:

Question: If a user no longer wants to be able to process credit, or is leaving SL,  how do they get their ID verification data removed from LL's databases? Is there a specific procedure? Also, what is the minimum amount of time ID scans are stored- is it as long as the account exists or is the account marked as verified and then the scan deleted?

As someone who may wish to process credit in the future these are questions relevant to data security, and LL should be able to openly provide that information.

i can't give a official answer of course, but if i remember well, when the GDPR got implemented there has been a official post, not sure Tilia will be included, it was only SL that time. You can request removal of your data, by support, and after (again?) a verfication it's you, they will remove data.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

i was watching the video about this topic and SL says that we could pass the requirements beforehand. Please let us know right away since some of the merchants like me consider SL as one of main incomes for RL. A step by step instruction will also be helpful.

3 minutes ago, JonathonAnthony said:

Nowhere in any place I've seen is the amount of the fee listed. Is it a percentage or set rate?

As was stated more or less at the Town Hall meeting yesterday, "no more than $3.00 US."

No mention of whether the fee itself would be on a sliding scale or percentage or whatever, just that the maximum fee would be that.

Edited by DilliDallagio
spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DilliDallagio said:

As was stated more or less at the Town Hall meeting yesterday, "no more than $3.00 US."

No mention of whether the fee itself would be on a sliding scale or percentage or whatever, just that the maximum fee would be that.

Another one of those #only@the_Lab moments. There are people out there who out of principle will not sign/accept a contract they do not fully know... worse yet there are even a bunch more who would sign without knowing the details but won't if not given the oportunity to know all the details if they wanted to.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

Ugh, what morons.

Thanks for letting me know Dilli, I'm listening to the town hall at the moment, but had expected it to be in the terms or the FAQ

And Yea Fiona, only at Linden Labs. They also banned someone I know, and are refusing to say why, and telling him not to contact them further.

ONLY @LL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.