Sign in to follow this  
marc1003

not loading

my avatar is not loading. It stays a white cloud. I get some messages, like "failed to find body part named eyes bluegrey in database" for example.

That means that your viewer can't find one or more of the 4 basic body parts. These are: shape, system hair, system eyes, and system skin. If one of these is missing for one reason or another, you will remain a poof cloud.

There are two things that you can do to fix this:

1 - Create a blank shape, eyes, hair, and skin and wear one after another until your avatar reappears. Once you are visible again, you can change these body parts back to your preferred ones.

2 - Perform a character test. This will reset the look of your avatar and will require you to restore the outfit that you wore before the character test. In Firestorm, you can find it at Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test  Female (or Male). I hope that's where it is in the LL viewer, which I think you are using.

• Like 1

To explain just why you got this message and problem: Your avatar needs to be wearing four specific system items in order for it to rez properly. Those things are:

• system skin
  • system shape
  • system hair (usually known as either a hairbase or brow-shaper these days)
  • system eyes

The inventory icons for those look like this in the stock Linden Lab viewer:

basics_ll.jpg

And like this in the third party Firestorm viewer:

basics_fs.jpg

If any one of those can't be found in the database then you'll appear as a cloud. To solve the problem, find another version of whatever's missing and wear that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey there! I am having this issue too, as are all of my avvies. However, when I do the character test, the system doesn't find any of those assets in the database either. It's the Girl Next Door default. all of my attachments work, just none of my system or default pieces. I'm using Singularity. Help! PS: not a newbie, either! Been here for ages!

Edited by Morag Mistwood

Apparently this has been an issue with Singularity since they updated the server and attempted to put in a bug fix that created more bugs than it fixed. You can read about it here, but I didn't see a solution offered. http://blog.nalates.net/2019/07/02/singularity-viewer-goes-sideways/

• Like 2

It isn't just Singularity, the SL viewer 3.7.28(300847), which is the last viewer that can run on Windows XP 32-bit, also shows this behaviour now. The fixes given above (wear the four default body parts) do work, but must be repeated each time you log in: wear a default skin, shape, hair and eyes. Once visible, change back to the preferred skin, shape, hair and eyes.

There will be a stream of system notifications "Failed to find..." as the inventory is loaded which then all need to be acknowledged and shut off. I missed a couple of meetings but I have a feeling this is to do with the phasing out of UDP?

• Like 3

Linden support ???  to fix this issue  and roll back the servers to the last version is needed Asap.

You broke it....now please fix it back ! This is very upsetting

• Confused 1

I have the same problem with the SL viewer on Windows 10.  Have tried all the usual things, but the only solution I have found is to download the latest SL Viewer (version 6 2 3 527758 x86 64).  Problem gone on this version.

8 hours ago, dd Temin said:

Linden support ???  to fix this issue  and roll back the servers to the last version is needed Asap.

You broke it....now please fix it back ! This is very upsetting

No the Lindens didn't "break" it...

In 2016 new services for working with inventory and assets was put into service. The new service is bases on new API's, connections into the SL backend. They continued to provide service for the old API's thus running a duel system. 

In late 2018 and early 2019 the Lindens begin talking about turning off the old API's and removing the old code from the server software. A clean up thing. In early Spring the Lindens made a couple of attempts at turning off the old API's. The first was an official we are turning them off. Then in the midstist of an emergency fix for TP Disconnection, they and some other things apparently got turned back on or fixes reverted.

Now it seems that this latest update has indeed turned off the API's. I think removed the code and those systems no longer work whether enabled or not.

The old XP SL v3.7.28 (3 major revisions behind) does not know about the new API's a they did not exist when it was written. The Lindens announced they were not going to update it to use the new API's. It was discussed and the Lab and third-party dev's knew that viewer would not work. 

This is planned obsolescence, not an accidental breakage.

Singularity just didn't keep up. From third-party dev UG meetings it was expected that Singularity would be updated before the API's died. But something went sideways.

@elviratg And my article http://blog.nalates.net/2019/07/02/singularity-viewer-goes-sideways/ has the solution...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1