Empty Linden homes

Lynn Zelin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some are awaiting some sort of setup (most likely to link the lots to the website system) and also quality assurace, someone needs to make sure everything is working properly and set properly, on the entire region. May also just be waiting on the release queue, since the plan is to release one region at a time, there might be several ready but for timing purposes, they are just waiting their turn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lynn Zelin said:

They look like they are ready..lol....They just sitting there all cute and stuff...

Lots of things have to be done after a house is placed and even after the landscaping is done.  Lots of testing of scripts - the ones in the mailbox and the ones in the house controller itself.  Then the entire region needs to be ready before it is released because the release is at the region level.

• Like 1

• Moles

The region has been re-named but I've not yet been asked to do my part in connecting it into the website, which tells me it's close to being released but, despite appearances, not yet ready.

Even when we do have it hooked up, that's not the final stage, though it usually means the release is imminent unless something very unexpected happens.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

• Moles
2 minutes ago, Teager said:

So you're the one with the go button! No wonder Beth is sweet on you ;)

Nope, no "go" button here.   There's an important task towards the end of process of preparing the region for release that I have to perform, but that's more a sign that the final countdown is ready to begin.    There's still a lot to do after I've finished, and a lot the Lindens have to coordinate between different departments, before the regions are actually released.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Nope, no "go" button here.   There's an important task towards the end of process of preparing the region for release that I have to perform, but that's more a sign that the final countdown is ready to begin.    There's still a lot to do after I've finished, and a lot the Lindens have to coordinate between different departments, before the regions are actually released.

That's cause its a Go Lever... conspiracy theory.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Teager said:

So you're the one with the go button! No wonder Beth is sweet on you ;)

Nope, I got my houseboat on day one! 😋

I love @Quartz Molefor who he is... though I have no idea who that is... and not what he can do for me... though if he wants to put a script in my boat that makes it play God Save the Queen every time I step on board I wouldn't be opposed...

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

There's an important task towards the end of process of preparing the region for release that I have to perform

I somehow just drifted away reading that.. having you dancing in circles around weird glowey signs&runes on the ground, throwing little magic stones and mumbling words in weird tongues, in my mind! XD ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Quartz are you aware when exactly they are released? Or are you not allowed to have such knowledge? If you have such knowledge, I wonder if they are allowing you to tell others just when the release is? It would be nice to know at least what days? I come in a few times a day to the website to see if my auto refresh will catch one. No not a houseboat, not a RV either. You know $72.00 + 72.00 just made me feel like a fool? I almost did not renew my Premium Membership. Not only did I renew it, I payed for the lower advanced till 2021?

I hope all of us that payed that advance helped Linden Labs if some kind of financial crisis was beckoning over your head.? Hey, GOOD business move!?

Yeah, so as a Premium Member I am now reduced to coming in my office a few times a day or changing screens and letting the auto refresh try and catch a home. Oh, it's running as I write here!! Patch Linden eluded us in the last update? He may as well have said, "Dig around every other day, or maybe not? Heck, days you dig you may find nothing"

I know what it is like to work in your place Quartz. I did tech for companies like Gateway, Motorola and T-Mobile. Sometimes there were techs that did not give a rats ass. Others did and went the extra mile. Did we get in trouble for that extra mile? No we were asked later to move up in the company. They would say, "No you have to only do this". We might do a bit more. Sometimes we did not do that extra sales pitch. We helped the customer with more instead?

It just felt better not telling them, " Oh well, maybe if you dig around you will find the answer?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

If feel pretty safe in saying that @Quartz Moleis not the Mole you're looking for... or Linden. He's a scripter and a contractor, not an employee of Linden Lab. 

I can almost feel him burrowing back underground now as to avoid being put on the spot like this. 

1736075560_giphy(2).gif.1e0fd9af7f0e64ea7590baeacd0b492d.gif

Yeah Beth, it's tough isn't it? Kinda like playing Doc Holiday in Tombstone. OH!? instead. Val Kilmer says "I want you! You're my Huckleberry!"

1 hour ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

Quartz are you aware when exactly they are released? Or are you not allowed to have such knowledge? If you have such knowledge, I wonder if they are allowing you to tell others just when the release is?

Quartz is just one of many steps involved in this process.  i imagine he only knows when a given region is literally down to the final steps before release and he sure isn't going to be the one that has authority to tell any Resident - that will likely only be Patch or Governor L, himself.

1 hour ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

It would be nice to know at least what days?

Every Mon, Wed, and Fri - minus holidays and possibly missing a few when issues arise.   Nobody knows what time until it happens.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

Pity....

I ate breakfast next to Val Kilmer once. Does that count towards whatever reference you were making? Or was the reference actually about Doc Holliday? I also have a cat named Huckleberry, but not because of this movie but because of the other movie. Well, really, not so much the movie but the song. 

I mean, tangentially speaking, I'm right in the thick of whatever it was you were saying that I didn't understand so that's gotta count for something. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I ate breakfast next to Val Kilmer once. Does that count towards whatever reference you were making? Or was the reference actually about Doc Holliday? I also have a cat named Huckleberry, but not because of this movie but because of the other movie. Well, really, not so much the movie but the song. 

I mean, tangentially speaking, I'm right in the thick of whatever it was you were saying that I didn't understand so that's gotta count for something. 

When in doubt, mumble.....

I guess you know what I am doing right now?

Edits to say I just ate Blueberries - for real!? Yeah it was a "blue one^ and a bit lengthy.

Edited by Adumelial Rothstein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.