Front View in Phoenix viewer

AZena1488303695

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use Phoenix exclusively but am not aware of any hotkey solution that will do what you want.  It is possible in Preferences to make it so that clicking on your avatar immediately moves the camera behind you (that is, it has the same effect as taking a step forward), but that's it.  You might try sending your question to support@phoenixviewer.com to see what they have to say.

9 answers to this question

I use Phoenix exclusively but am not aware of any hotkey solution that will do what you want.  It is possible in Preferences to make it so that clicking on your avatar immediately moves the camera behind you (that is, it has the same effect as taking a step forward), but that's it.  You might try sending your question to support@phoenixviewer.com to see what they have to say.

Hello Azena. I don't know if there is an easier way in Phoenix for the front view than the View Controls (arrows) but for the Viewer 2 i have to say that you do NOT need so many clicks for that. You need just 2 clicks, without the Menus:

1)Click the button View, it's at the right of local chat

2)Click Front View (first tab with the eye).

That's an interesting feature. I haven't had any need for the camera controls panel since I was a newbie, but I can see that the feature could be handy if you could enable it with a hotkey instead. I'm assuming that it will be incorporated into Firestorm along with other standard V2 codebase features. Presumably sometime this summer.

Then 3) you have to click Front View - that's what I said: a few key clicks. ;-)
OK that's not too much hassle but a hot key would be even better! However what I really want is to be able to do it in Phoenix where it seems you cannot get this effect at all!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.