Venue owners - Events on the events calendar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So a question for venue owners.

Why is it that some of you don't seem to want your events on the SL events calendar? It is probably the easiest part of doing events, and you are not just doing it for the artists. You are doing it for yourself too! Business 101 - advertise, advertise, advertise!

Most of the people that go to event use Serephim where you can not only check dates of start and ending but see the products that are available.  SL Events hasn't been a goto place for many years for many people. That is most likely the reason. They don't see it will do any good. 

43 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Most of the people that go to event use Serephim where you can not only check dates of start and ending but see the products that are available.  SL Events hasn't been a goto place for many years for many people. That is most likely the reason. They don't see it will do any good. 

I'm not talking about product events but live music events.

Many of us do post on SL event listings and the listings don't show up correctly or at all.    It is not a reliable means to get info, not to mention listings in wrong categories, a "live music" category filled with DJ events, and other stuff.

Edited by TheaDee

11 minutes ago, TheaDee said:

Many of us do post on SL event listings and the listings don't show up correctly or at all.    It is not a reliable means to get info, not to mention listings in wrong categories, a "live music" category filled with DJ events, and other stuff.

Absolutely many do. Almost everyone, I dare suggest.

I just was referring to the ones who clearly do not. The system is far from perfect, but which sounds better - unreliable advertising or no advertising? I would understand if it took a lot of effort, you could then call it wasted effort perhaps. But it takes two minutes to post an ad. I know my ads probably won't get seen by many reliably, but I post them because if it gets 1 person to my venue every few shows, its worth the little effort required.

I'd prefer that SL events were reliable but they aren't and haven't been for many of us for years.   It became a matter of diminishing returns, and you see it differently which is fine. I had your attitude about it too.  When I host events, I try once but don't waste my time to repeat the process or manipulate the info to "fix" it if my listing doesn't show correctly.  It's not worth it to me.  I focus on building up groups and scuscribos and use Facebook and Discord both for promotion and to find out about events.  I am sure I miss some stuff, and some people don't hear about the events I am working on, but that would be true regardless.

10 minutes ago, TheaDee said:

I'd prefer that SL events were reliable but they aren't and haven't been for many of us for years.   It became a matter of diminishing returns, and you see it differently which is fine. I had your attitude about it too.  When I host events, I try once but don't waste my time to repeat the process or manipulate the info to "fix" it if my listing doesn't show correctly.  It's not worth it to me.  I focus on building up groups and scuscribos and use Facebook and Discord both for promotion and to find out about events.  I am sure I miss some stuff, and some people don't hear about the events I am working on, but that would be true regardless.

Groups, subscribos, Facebook are all important too. Leave no stone unturned, I say.

If I'm hosting an event, I won't spend much time retrying, but I would ask for help from the venue and make every effort to make sure it gets there, because quite frankly, it may not help but it certainly cannot hurt. But that is just me.

This is an area I believe Linden should really concentrate on to get and retain new members, especially the live singers events. I think alot of people have no idea what they're missing cause they really haven't any idea what's going on. Sure you can use the search for 'live music' events - even if people knew that was there, but then the results are   muddied with other 'stuff'

Maybe, just maybe, when opening the Search, instead of featuring Call Girls and Strippers in the top boxes  Linden could mix it up a bit more...?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.