Idea - SL WEEKLY LOTTERY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Once a week, LL should draw a resident at random and give them L$10,000. 

Put the resident's profile pic on the home page too, wearing a crown. 

Maybe limit it to people who've logged in in the last 7 days, so there aren't loads of unclaimed prizes. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MintPanther said:

Maybe limit it to people who've logged in in the last 7 days, so there aren't loads of unclaimed prizes. 

It is to laugh LOL

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Oh yeah, that would end well. *forums implode from 10000 complaint threads about lottery is rigged, etc.*

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

off topic but how do i change my title? you know where yours says Princess and mine says Advanced member? thanks Sylvia!

Just now, anniepany said:

off topic but how do i change my title? you know where yours says Princess and mine says Advanced member? thanks Sylvia!

I think when you hit 500 posts, you can make it say whatever you want (within TOS, of course lol). Keep posting! :)

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think when you hit 500 posts, you can make it say whatever you want (within TOS, of course lol). Keep posting! :)

ah yes, I think I remember that now lol I can't believe I haven't hit 500 yet! Of course, definitely, within the TOS lol

28 minutes ago, MintPanther said:

This is a great idea Mint! You are a veritable fountain of good ideas. I hope LL gets this done ASAP.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The current live feed on the Linden Homes thread will bring a lot of people to that number quickly!

• Haha 2

Oooor they could just give me L$10,000 to play with each week, and a crown.

Honestly though, I don't see why LL would want to do this. They already have the photo contest which, as far as I can remember, doesn't offer any rewards apart from the attention that comes with it. And in turn, LL claim the right to use any submissions for any advertisement purposes or such that they feel like. I think people who partake in that would be a bit miffed if they just start throwing out money at random for people who did nothing but log in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MintPanther said:

They've already got a lottery going, it's called new linden homes. Odds are slightly better than a random pick of one resident but not much ;)

• Haha 1

And to cash out the 38 bucks, give us your passport , SSN.

Every week all but one resident is miffed.

People will stare at the winners names like tiger scat and make up theories why it is a FIX FIX

None have "sch" in their name, none born in March, ALL in Frank's Group---  pattern pattern

How do I know, no one with the above got a 32 by 32 houseboat to date!!  SEE SEE

Going to make a petition and demand, um, something BIG. Because I rez, so I am owed.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MintPanther said:

Lets break this down to easy-to-understand ways. A lottery consists of three basic rules (requirements):

1) Chance

2) Consideration

3) Prize.

In your first line, you showed both chance and prize. In the third line, you showed consideration. By definition, lotteries (some but not all) are illegal. Some think of lotteries in the same way as gambling. In fact, the way you described, the procedure would violate LL own ToS. To use Publishers Clearing House as an example, some people are convinced a purchase is required to win a prize. That is consideration. They have since included the well worn phrase "No purchase required" to get around the consideration possibilities. If LL wants to give a random member 10,000L$ for giggles and grins, so be it as long as there is no chance of consideration.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MintPanther said:

That  is a sweepstakes , not a lottery , Lotteries would violate online US gambling laws . If you  have to pay for a chance to win something ,  its a lottery . If  the prize is given randomly  without any kind of payment  it is a giveaway  or  a sweepstakes .

15 hours ago, Orwar said:

Oooor they could just give me L$10,000 to play with each week, and a crown.

Honestly though, I don't see why LL would want to do this. They already have the photo contest which, as far as I can remember, doesn't offer any rewards apart from the attention that comes with it. And in turn, LL claim the right to use any submissions for any advertisement purposes or such that they feel like. I think people who partake in that would be a bit miffed if they just start throwing out money at random for people who did nothing but log in.

You wet blanket, you!

18 hours ago, MintPanther said:

And I would promptly plow it all right back into the SL economy by purchasing things I need for builds I have planned. 

Kind of an odd coincidence you posted this today because earlier this morning I was daydreaming about being able to afford to purchase 10k Ls once a week for two or three months, for those builds I want to do.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.