Mendoza Catron

Non-mesh Mannequin for Display

Can anybody recommend a Mannequin for display of classic (non-mesh) clothing? Using a mesh mannequin the body is hidden by the alpha layer and I want to avoid this.

Thanks,
Mendoza

Second Life - help with manniquine.png

A simple solution could be to copy the mannequin you have, and move it into the exact same position as the original.

This way, the mannequin's own texture should overlay just fine with the alpha'd clothing layers.

Ok I've tied this but the mannequin copy and clothing flicker so the clothing texture is colliding with the copy of the mannequin. Also it takes up more prims. But it is an idea I can play with. Thanks.

How about creating a new texture that combines the "skin" & clothing texture in one? That way you can take the flickering alpha issue away completely. 

Yes Peony that is what I may have to do but that is an entire skin change to go with the outfit and not just the clothing. I was hoping other people have encountered this and have a work around. Seems that most clothing these days is done as mesh which is something I'll explore.

17 hours ago, Mendoza Catron said:

Ok I've tied this but the mannequin copy and clothing flicker so the clothing texture is colliding with the copy of the mannequin. Also it takes up more prims. But it is an idea I can play with. Thanks.

It wouldn't need to be a full mannequin copy, just the parts that need the clothing textures. Doesn't change the flicker issue but might help with LI.

Just a thought which occurred to me, added in case it helps or sparks a better idea. Good luck