New to SL, need some expertise!

Libraa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am Libraa. I am new to Second Life and I have been trying to get a hang of it. Im looking for some friends who play often who I can tag along with to get used to the game more quickly. Ive never been the loner type, and I think it would be much more benificial for me if I had some people to kick it with. I have many interests in music, mostly hip hop, electronica, and 80s music, so ive been chillin in the clubs. I like adventure, nature, and japanese culture. If any of this also interests you, then come hang with me!

Have you tried joining groups? There are clubs, usually clean, with groups that say when the events are. Just use the search function. If you are using viewer 1.23 or 2, it is in the upper-right.

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome, so...welcome!

Hello, Libraa.  If you add in Smooth Jazz you pretty much have all of SL music covered. :)

I can not help much on Hip-hop and the like; it is not my scene.  For 80's, try Blackheart's Cafe.  It's a great place, but the bouncers sometimes get over enthusiastic.  I was once ejected because I told a friend the place was full of animals that night :matte-motes-sarcasm:.  I know idioms don't always translate but apparently the term animal being a lively person was not the not how he took it.  It was good for a laugh, tho.

Hi, Libraa. Welcome to the forums & to Second Life. I'm usually more of a loner in SL myself, but my friend likes the club scene & suggested Asylum & Xxxess. For a nice Japanese sim she suggested checking out Nippon.

I think introducing yourself on the forums & asking for friendship & advice here is a great way to meet people & find fun places in SL.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Libraa welcome in SL.

I have been in over a year and I am still looking for an hangout that fits me. On the other hand I got to know some places not bad. Feel free to contact me inworld, I will pass you some LMs.

Anyway I think that the best for 80s that I know is Blackhearts Cafe. Electronica is good at The Vortex Night Club. My favourite music club in this moment is Alt7 without any doubt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.