14 hours ago, animats said:

Not impressed with Tilia at this point. I just got an email:

"It looks like we had some trouble billing your Second Life account on August 26, 2019. Don’t worry! We understand that sometimes your payment information becomes out-of-date, but it’s a snap to fix."

They just assume it's my problem, not theirs. It's the Tilia/LL end. I check my credit card account online, and there are no transaction attempts from LL or alerts. Credit card is fine. I log into SL and pay the "past due balance" by clicking the "Buy" button, and it uses the credit card they claimed didn't work. And a pending transaction for $22 pops up on my bank account, like it should.

Somewhere at the LL end, there's software that doesn't analyze the error codes from their credit card gateway properly. LL/Tilia doesn't tell you the rejection code (there are many, some credit-related, some network-related, some ID related) and they probably don't analyze it properly internally, either. If the transaction had gotten far enough to be declined for credit reasons, I'd see that online.

It's fairly complicated to do this right, but that's Tilia's job. They want to be a money transfer company, they need to get up to financial service levels of error handling.

I don't think it had anything to do with tilla, same thing happened to me last month BEFORE it went into effect when it came to paying for my premium, but this month it went through with no problem. Could be, like others have said, LL. 

On 7/2/2019 at 7:05 AM, sarynaGareth said:

What pisses me off about this, is the demand for my SSN. Hell...i did not have to give my SSN to open a paypal account.! WTF should i have to give it to ....an real unknown? just a "service" started by LL to probably skim more money off of unsuspecting users.

But But. If you do receive money even from a PayPal transaction from a friend as a gift... If you have not already provided a social security number PayPal as of March 2019 DOES REQUIRE the SSN. So if you try to receive any money via SL credit process or any PayPal transaction it will be frozen in your PayPal account which will ask you for further verification including social security number to receive the money. So my experience is I did have to put the SSN on PayPal and since its on PayPal Tilla themselves have not asked for it with the transaction I did in August. So maybe there is some misunderstanding on the announcement?!

On 7/1/2019 at 9:37 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Only if you want to cash out -- not just to continue using SL.

The user agreement does NOT say EVERYONE will NOW need to drop their SSN. It says MAY!!! MAY BE REQUIRED. I think that is if certain things are suspect and so on or inconsistent it is up to the discretion of Tilia. My experience is if you are cashing out to PayPal and PayPal has your SSN it is not asked from Tilia. And PayPal does have a new requirement as of March 2019 to even accept gift payments to PayPal via friends or family you must verify your identification through social security number. If you don't the payment will be frozen and you cannot receive it until.

I can find no information about Tilia, except here? I mean, their website looks like a major scam and their whole ToS is literally a joke. I see hole, after hole, after hole... It could be a... Wait, that's [A].

This looks more like a major outsource, even their homepage doesn't fully work. I tried to contact them, buy they do not accept ANY phone-number I tried (I have a few). This looks like a aprils fool gone late.

This blows my mind on so many levels, I had to post on the forums for the first time of my life. (Here :3)

------

Btw. Is it just me,.. or am I the only one wondering how to log into my tilia account?! Which was created for me? o.x

Edited by Aki Teriatzi
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Aki Teriatzi said:

I can find no information about Tilia, except here?

I tried to contact them

Is it just me

• to the first... did you read the official threads and blog posts about Tilia?  ....
  •  to the second: it IS Linden Lab .. same town, same street, same building, same nr, most likely even share the toiletgroup and coffee machine, and when nobody did wash the cups.. even those
  • to the third: possibly
  • Like 6

On 9/8/2019 at 7:55 AM, Aki Teriatzi said:

I can find no information about Tilia, except here? I mean, their website looks like a major scam and their whole ToS is literally a joke. I see hole, after hole, after hole... It could be a... Wait, that's [A].

This looks more like a major outsource, even their homepage doesn't fully work. I tried to contact them, buy they do not accept ANY phone-number I tried (I have a few). This looks like a aprils fool gone late.

This blows my mind on so many levels, I had to post on the forums for the first time of my life. (Here :3)

------

Btw. Is it just me,.. or am I the only one wondering how to log into my tilia account?! Which was created for me? o.x

Aki, there is no separate "Tilia account".  You just log in here as normal, go to your Account page and buy and sell $L, just like you always have.  The only difference is that you will see "Tilia" in a few places, such as...

tilia1.thumb.jpg.32da8658fd249a28f5033fa500877c24.jpg         Inkedtilia2_LI.jpg.ade0883dfb72b978dee02e8d947e8d23.jpg

You should have received an email about the change, and LL announced it on the official blog, and ran an official forum thread about it and answered questions.  They really went much further than usual in getting the word out. 

• Like 3

So, on a whim i checked out Tillias page and clicked the licenses tab... They apparently dont have licenses in Massachusetts.. I'm not sure what that actually means, but I found it slightly worrisome. I mean, only one state out of 53(they have DC, PR and the US Virgin Islands in there.) Seem odd to me.. Anyone have any ideas?

ETA, forgot the link... https://www.tilia-inc.com/licenses/

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire

Massachusetts isn't a state.  They seceded after they designated the Kennedys as their official Royal Family.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Massachusetts isn't a state.  They seceded after they designated the Kennedys as their official Royal Family.

If only, then we wouldn't have to deal with Trump... 

I still go online with SL once a year to say hi to old friends but it was dead for me after it was exposed how many people online were actually bots. The government clamping down on the gambling. And most of the big companies like Nike leaving. Not surprised they are now burning people that put money into it but they should be rolling in money. The amount they charge for 'land' is extreme. Can get a cloud server for about 1/5 of the price. They should be doing better. Its mismanagement. A lack of love. Another SL will come along one day and wipe the floor with this one. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GaryCarlyle said:

And most of the big companies like Nike leaving.

Interesting -- this comment about big companies leaving hasn't only come from you. The big companies left by around 2009, so it's not a recent thing. Why would people bring it up now?