Tilia takes over

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Fox Wijaya said:

come with at utterly useless response, and finally a day later they start with a real explanation

actually all the few unanswered questions I had left after their innitial post were cleared with her Q&A post *shrugs* but thats just me I guess

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Your opinion doesn't count, unless you are a lawyer working for LL, Tilia, or the EU.

Are you?

Not sure if it was Gavin, but someone mentioned earlier that they were a retired (?) lawyer (?) and that they were going to investigate the wording more closely, so he might be.

As a creator, I am fine with cooperating with any sort of information that maybe needed by LL. 

My only request is... if you want to introduce 5% process credit fees and all these changes with Tilia, why not create some kind of value addition for creators and estate owners?

- Please bring back wire transfer direct to our bank accounts, which at least cuts down on FX charges we have to face on Paypal or in case of Skrill, a dual FX conversion.

• Like 7

And for people always yelling that @Patch Linden or @Linden Lab don't listen to us residents...I read the wild OMGTILIA thread and then I read theitr Q&A thread and some poor soul clearly went THRU that whole clusterfuzz of a thread and took the most asked questions right from there and answered them!

People seem to forget that Lindens are humans too..well some are moles tho but we have those already covered with a bowl of milk! ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

From the new thread:

Can we start the verification process now, and if so how can we do that, or do those who need to submit further documents have to all wait until August 2nd?
We’re working on making that process available to you in advance so you can process credit with as little disruption as possible.  We do not have a date when this will happen but will announce once it’s available. We will make the step-by-step instructions for the Tilia ID verification process public as soon as we can. 

I find it a little frustrating that LL hasn't considered how to answer something as simple as how we start the verification process before announcing we may have to go through a verification process. That seems like it should be squared away before the announcement.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

People seem to forget that Lindens are humans too..well some are moles tho but we have those already covered with a bowl of milk! ❤️

But Moles are insectivores! The milk might make their little mole tummies hurt!

(I have learned waaaaaaaay too much about moles recently...)

Just now, Carl Thibodeaux said:

This is completely confusing for me. Can someone help me understand better?

I do not sell Lindens for RL currency.

I only buy lindens with my Paypal account from time to time to use inworld.

Will i be affected?

No.

You will need to agree to the Tilia TOS, as will everyone, but it will have no other impact on you at all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Linden Lab said:

I have already provided my personal info to Linden Lab in the past. Do I need to provide it again? Many of us have already provided such ID information for verification, are we exempt from having to provide it again because the information is already on record?

In general, most Residents will not need to resubmit the information if it has been previously provided.

So, apart from (i) having to scroll really fast through a page of smallprint to get to that 'agree' checkbox, and hitting return and (ii) having to get used to a slightly different-looking Process Credit Request page, nothing really changes, right?

3 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

So, apart from (i) having to scroll really fast through a page of smallprint to get to that 'agree' checkbox, and hitting return and (ii) having to get used to a slightly different-looking Process Credit Request page, nothing really changes, right?

Well, there is the Inactivity fee, if you have a USD balance and leave your Tilia account dormant for 12 months.

But assuming that you've already provided them with documentation equivalent to what they are asking for with Tilia (i.e., full name, date of birth, address, and SSN), they seem to be suggesting that nothing else will really change.

9fb0a7ca9bc28e319aff7659cc06563c.png

Uh...... So it could take up to a month to process credit now? I'm confused about this statement. 3-5 business days is what it's always stated before. Now, up to a month????? Or do they mean it could take up to 30 days for them to approve that you are who you prove yourself to be? That's still a really long time, especially for so many people in SL that their income from SL is their RL income. Does anyone know of an explanation of this?

EDIT: NVM, just saw the post below mine & found part of the answer
How long will it take to process my credit request? Is it going to take longer than usual with Tilia?
We anticipate that the usual time to process credit, currently two to three business days, will not change for most Second Life Residents once your identification documentation has been verified.

Edited by Stephy Silvercloud
New info

11 minutes ago, Carl Thibodeaux said:

This is completely confusing for me. Can someone help me understand better?

I do not sell Lindens for RL currency.

I only buy lindens with my Paypal account from time to time to use inworld.

Will i be affected?

Short answer is 'no' :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linden Lab said:

There have been a lot of questions about our recent Tilia announcement , so we've created a new thread as a way for Residents to formally submit their questions.

Please use the new thread to ask your questions specific to the announcement and we'll continue to review and respond where we can. For general comments that are not in the form of questions, we recommend that you continue to use this thread, so that the focus of the new Q&A thread stays on direct questions and answers. 

Because here we play. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Stephy Silvercloud said:

9fb0a7ca9bc28e319aff7659cc06563c.png

Uh...... So it could take up to a month to process credit now? I'm confused about this statement. 3-5 business days is what it's always stated before. Now, up to a month????? Or do they mean it could take up to 30 days for them to approve that you are who you prove yourself to be? That's still a really long time, especially for so many people in SL that their income from SL is their RL income. Does anyone know of an explanation of this?

This is in regard to the verification process  to use Tilia for cash out, not for individual transactions. Yes, it is a long time which is why I pushed for an answer about how we can start the verification now for minimum down time on being able to cash out. Their official answer is basically "Well we don't have that part figured out yet"

Can we start the verification process now, and if so how can we do that, or do those who need to submit further documents have to all wait until August 2nd?
We’re working on making that process available to you in advance so you can process credit with as little disruption as possible.  We do not have a date when this will happen but will announce once it’s available. We will make the step-by-step instructions for the Tilia ID verification process public as soon as we can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephy Silvercloud said:

Thank You @Dima Plessis & yeah that definitely needs to be made available ASAP. That's something they should have had the common sense to already have in place once the announcement was made. sighs 

Agreed, which is a red flag for me. Why were they not thinking about something this crucial before the announcement?

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I am the very definition of a small time creator. At the time that I had to hand over my tax info to Linden Lab I had three process credit amounts, $74,  $449, and then $394 which triggered them requesting my identification before they'd send me the $394. So I can attest that the threshold for requesting the information from me was much lower than what Chic experienced. This was in 2013 by the way. Not sure if the time span affects it but just in case. These three withdrawals occurred over a 5 month period.

But before you went OVER that 600 US  ($74 and $449) you were fine. It was adding in the $394 which put you over that $600.  So the same trigger for me (cashing out 600 plus) was the same trigger for you. It was a cumulative thing and brought on by Federal rules. 

The rule was anything over 600 US in a year -- whether one month or 11 months. Just trying to be clear. 

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@WillowTenage has been feeding them worms:

41 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Because @WillowTenageis a gosh darn Bellisserian treasure.

It's tough work too, these worms have gone radioactive thanks to a certain atomic bomb located on an island not too far away (It must have gone off, rainbow Magellan is gone🤯

Snapshot_1123

These are big ones, a steady diet of bicycles, right shoes, when combined with radioactive fall out is no good.

Snapshot_1124

Does this make me mole food?  I mean, if the worm eats me, and the moles eat the worms?  I'm so confused.

Snapshot_1125

Thankfully my stuffed mole saved the day :D

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The rule was anything over 600 US in a year -- whether one month or 11 months. Just trying to be clear. 

Ahhhh .. I thought you meant $600 a month. Gosh if it's only $600 a year .. that's $50 a month. So anyone who takes out at least $50 a month has to give their tax info. I wouldn't think there would be many who haven't already had to give over their information with the threshold being sooooooooooooooo low. 

Thanks for clarifying though .. I was confused. :D 

Edited by Blush Bravin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.