Tilia takes over

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Yathiny said:

i wrote a lot tickets.

keep it to the relevant ones, and don't add more. You will fastest help by providing all info that is asked, keep making tickets because it's not fast enough will slow it more down.
They have to deal with more people, if your ticket is waiting for processing they will, not earlier than others.

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Did you use different email for Tilia than for Second Life?

not sure that's influencing the process, because of the use of paypal/skrill for cash outs the email adresses are different for many people.
As long the RL information is OK the email shouldn't matter.

6 minutes ago, Yathiny said:

But i think i am going back to open sims and the classic things.

LL really complicated the whole thing of cashing out and yes i get that they "don't" have a choice as many say. The amount of data required is astonishing and is upsetting a lot of people. Thats why many vr games are starting to use blockchain technology...

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If these things happened then its an obvious flag to LL to lock the account to keep it safe.

selling lindens one day and buying them the next day 

I don't think it was selling one day and then buying the next. People do that all the time without LL placing the account on hold. Probably more the number of transactions combined with the amounts triggered the hold, not the frequency, in this case. Consider the email was changed first then the next day Ls were sold, then the third day more Ls purchased (were those Ls placed for sale as well?)... I'd be giving that account the side eye myself. There are also the limits LL has in place to consider. If you try to exceed those limits your account gets locked until they have reviewed the situation and determined if a fraud attempt has been made or not. If not, things go back to normal. Or whatever is considered normal for SL.

• Like 1

Yeah, don't shoot me now, as I haven't followed everything Tilia. I did recently see the topic about that lawsuit brought by that forner LL employee, though. And if even half of what she alleges is true, about very sloppy, insecure IT practices, shouldn't we have reason to worry a bit? I mean, before the lawsuit, I couldn't care much about Tilia, but now...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Yeah, don't shoot me now, as I haven't followed everything Tilia. I did recently see the topic about that lawsuit brought by that forner LL employee, though. And if even half of what she alleges is true, about very sloppy, insecure IT practices, shouldn't we have reason to worry a bit? I mean, before the lawsuit, I couldn't care much about Tilia, but now...

One question: Do you use *anything* Google?

Just now, Alyona Su said:

No need for sarcasm. I read a zillion different opinions on that lady and her suit, here alone. And everyone fancies themselves an expert, but few really are. So, like I asked, if even half of what she alleges is true, about very sloppy, insecure IT practices, shouldn't we have reason to worry a bit? 

19 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

No need for sarcasm. I read a zillion different opinions on that lady and her suit, here alone. And everyone fancies themselves an expert, but few really are. So, like I asked, if even half of what she alleges is true, about very sloppy, insecure IT practices, shouldn't we have reason to worry a bit? 

How does one question become sarcasm? <- is this sarcasm, too?

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Not really since LL is not a major target like Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.

Do you have any idea of how often SL undergoes DDoS attacks and most of us never even notice it? It happens all the time.

I only know enough hanzi to read a few signs, so that I don't stumble into the wrong bathroom.  Pinyin is easier for us non-Chinese.  And writing in any language is harder for me than speaking.  You can hide a lot of grammatical uncertainty by mumbling.  The written word is not so forgiving.

13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Not really since LL is not a major target like Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.

Do you have any idea of how often SL undergoes DDoS attacks and most of us never even notice it? It happens all the time.

See, that was a very nomal reply to a very normal question. Not a snarky "One question: Do you use *anything* Google?" Or is that how it's going to be, from here on in? That everytime when someone makes a perfectly legit inquiry, we'll snap off their heads with some sarcastic comment?! Sure that won't happen to Alyona Su, as she already knows everything (now that was sarcasm on my end, in case ppl didn't realize it). I can play ball, of course; but honestly, not really my thang.

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

If LL does know if it has been hacked in past, NDA's will likely keep us from finding out about it.

hacked.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Google sends me a critical text message if one of my accounts is being accessed from a different country than normal. They send me a text when I am trying to access my account from a device it hasn't seen me using before. Google blocks access if I try to access an account too often with an incorrect password. And Google does not have anything in its files that could result in my identity being stolen but if it did, i can tell them to delete and forget it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If LL does know if it has been hacked in past, NDA's will likely keep us from finding out about it.

hacked.jpg

It did happen in the past, once, in 2006. LL can deny it now all they want to but there are those of us who have been around a long time and remember. WE remember because we were here when it happened and when LL made the announcement. The articles are not the announcement by LL. They are evidence of the truth in my words.

https://www.cio.com/article/2444646/second-life-database-hacked--650k-at-risk.html

https://techcrunch.com/2006/09/08/metaverse-breached-second-life-customer-database-hacked/

I remember it very well since it happened about 2 days before my birthday.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Do you have any idea of how often SL undergoes DDoS attacks and most of us never even notice it? It happens all the time

Please.  This does not convey the full risks alluded to by the poster. Today's cities all over the USA are being locked down by ransomware intruders with remarkable persistence.  Risks today are broad, and to believe LL is immune because of your perception some DDoS preventions is to be living in a dream world. 

As for Goggle, you choose your own poison.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

I haven't followed the lawsuit except in passing. My best friend is an IT guy and has been for a few decades.  I know how much we are all at risk even with the best practices followed.  VERY few places even have my credit card info on file.  Word on the street (just gossip from not terribly circumspect folks) is that the lady in question was difficult to work with in that PITA way.  That may or may not be true, but even if it is  -- it doesn't negate issues that reportedly are documented.  I guess it will all become clear eventually.    

I mostly believe that it is important for folks to KNOWINGLY opt in and pay attention to what they are opting in on :D.  It is their money, life and CERTAINLY their decisions.  It seems like SL citizens (especially creators) are being faced with choices over and over lately. I can see how that would cause some folks to move on.    I wish them well.    

• Like 2

Not impressed with Tilia at this point. I just got an email:

"It looks like we had some trouble billing your Second Life account on August 26, 2019. Don’t worry! We understand that sometimes your payment information becomes out-of-date, but it’s a snap to fix."

They just assume it's my problem, not theirs. It's the Tilia/LL end. I check my credit card account online, and there are no transaction attempts from LL or alerts. Credit card is fine. I log into SL and pay the "past due balance" by clicking the "Buy" button, and it uses the credit card they claimed didn't work. And a pending transaction for $22 pops up on my bank account, like it should.

Somewhere at the LL end, there's software that doesn't analyze the error codes from their credit card gateway properly. LL/Tilia doesn't tell you the rejection code (there are many, some credit-related, some network-related, some ID related) and they probably don't analyze it properly internally, either. If the transaction had gotten far enough to be declined for credit reasons, I'd see that online.

It's fairly complicated to do this right, but that's Tilia's job. They want to be a money transfer company, they need to get up to financial service levels of error handling.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, animats said:

Not impressed with Tilia at this point. I just got an email:

"It looks like we had some trouble billing your Second Life account on August 26, 2019. Don’t worry! We understand that sometimes your payment information becomes out-of-date, but it’s a snap to fix."

They just assume it's my problem, not theirs. It's the Tilia/LL end. I check my credit card account online, and there are no transaction attempts from LL or alerts. Credit card is fine. I log into SL and pay the "past due balance" by clicking the "Buy" button, and it uses the credit card they claimed didn't work. And a pending transaction for $22 pops up on my bank account, like it should.

Somewhere at the LL end, there's software that doesn't analyze the error codes from their credit card gateway properly. LL/Tilia doesn't tell you the rejection code (there are many, some credit-related, some network-related, some ID related) and they probably don't analyze it properly internally, either. If the transaction had gotten far enough to be declined for credit reasons, I'd see that online.

It's fairly complicated to do this right, but that's Tilia's job. They want to be a money transfer company, they need to get up to financial service levels of error handling.

It may not have anything to do with this but just a couple of days ago for some strange reason Maitraya sent me a copy of the Lara body... twice... without me having requested it. It was not a new version, not an update. It was the exact same one I have had for almost a year. And it was redelivered twice without having requested it.

It may not be an issue on LL/Tilia's end. It may be something in between.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.