..For those still waiting

KyraDevon Graves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I posted this..then deleted it...and due to  a few that have asked me to restore it am reposting my original post... please I mean this in all kindness.. if you are going to be rude about it , just pass on by :)

____

I just want to let you know I feel for you...and I don't want you to be discouraged.. your new home will TOTALLY be worth the wait. I too got the "sold out" msg..over and over and over again, I  felt discouraged and angry and upset and left the computer more then once ready to give up. I debated going back to my lil tiny elderglen set up just to keep someplace for my alts..and my kids to have somewhere to change clothes.  The time between homes felt like forever and I didn't want to spend precious L renting someplace. neither did I want to ask for rez privileges for my rl kiddo's who often used my LL home to change clothes etc.   I however lucked out and on an odd twist of fate after getting that sold out msg, hit refresh again on the sold out page itself by accident  and boom a tradtional was there.. I had wanted a houseboat, and I almost walked away leaving the traditional for someone really after a house, I  clicked through however, and I am SO glad I did, and NOT for the reasons I initially thought I would be. Yes the extra space is AMAZING..the water views and upgraded builds are fantastic..but that's not what makes it all so worth it..its nice, VERY nice and I could not be happier with it ..but in hindsight IT is the frosting on the cake. See I've been in SL over 12 years..I've had a LL home much of that time and it truly was just a place to quickly rez items out and a home point for my kids. I had "my" home at work.. and I still do have a homestead there, a gorgeous place I treasure and enjoy very, very much. Initially I actually felt a bit guilty going for one of the new homes since so many have no place at all That is not the case anymore though and here is why.  Here's the game changer, the one I think a lot are really not giving the credit its due. What makes Bellisseria SO awesome and so incredible isn't the homes we get.. and all of you on these threads in this forum have already tasted the cake..its all of us..its the people! its the kindness and interaction that have been woven into the very fabric that is Bellisseria . In all my years in a LL home not once did I even SEE a neighbor , let alone talk to one..its been less then a week, I know my next door neighbor by name..and we said goodnight to each other before i logged off last night. I've met folks from across the continent right here in the forums AND in world... neighbors go sailing by, riding by, driving and flying by. Our fairgrounds WILL be used I have no doubt and even more relationships built My kids have their home point but they will have to juggle around the time I will spend there, and have been spending there since porting in. So while you are clicking that refresh, dealing with the anger, and disappointment . while you are hunting furnishings and decor for a home you do not yet have a region name for let alone a slurl.. I strongly encourage you..get to know us. those with an address and those that don't yet have theirs...because your time IS coming , its there...maybe today..maybe wed..maybe a month from now.. but while you wait you can already eat the cake, you can already enjoy what makes the space so freaking awesome.. the people ..So enjoy the parks, the rez zones, get to know the folks that may someday be up the road or water way from you.. start building and furnishing the home that will be held in your heart while you wait for the one to set a few prims in

Edited by KyraDevon Graves
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I am honestly not sure if the linked word was misspelled intentionally or not. 

If not, I vote we make it a real word because it has its uses!

Dissappointment - 1. an arrangement to meet someone at a particular time or place in order to receive a diss. 2. the sadness one feels post-dissappointment when the diss has stung particularly badly. 😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@KyraDevon Graves, because of the way I have my forum notifications set up, I still have the original text that you posted and I would strongly suggest you would post it again. There was nothing wrong with what you posted, nothing whatsoever and it deserves to be read.
Just say the word, and I will give you the text in a PM so you can restore it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TabbithaJane said:

What a very nice post! Made my heart warm. And it did indeed encourage me, hoping there will be people like you in my neighborhood when I get one. Now that would be fantastic! 

Tabbitha you are always welcome to visit in Gallaudet :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KyraDevon Graves said:

I posted this..then deleted it...and due to  a few that have asked me to restore it am reposting my original post... please I mean this in all kindness.. if you are going to be rude about it , just pass on by :)

____

I just want to let you know I feel for you...and I don't want you to be discouraged.. your new home will TOTALLY be worth the wait. I too got the "sold out" msg..over and over and over again, I  felt discouraged and angry and upset and left the computer more then once ready to give up. I debated going back to my lil tiny elderglen set up just to keep someplace for my alts..and my kids to have somewhere to change clothes.  The time between homes felt like forever and I didn't want to spend precious L renting someplace. neither did I want to ask for rez privileges for my rl kiddo's who often used my LL home to change clothes etc.   I however lucked out and on an odd twist of fate after getting that sold out msg, hit refresh again on the sold out page itself by accident  and boom a tradtional was there.. I had wanted a houseboat, and I almost walked away leaving the traditional for someone really after a house, I  clicked through however, and I am SO glad I did, and NOT for the reasons I initially thought I would be. Yes the extra space is AMAZING..the water views and upgraded builds are fantastic..but that's not what makes it all so worth it..its nice, VERY nice and I could not be happier with it ..but in hindsight IT is the frosting on the cake. See I've been in SL over 12 years..I've had a LL home much of that time and it truly was just a place to quickly rez items out and a home point for my kids. I had "my" home at work.. and I still do have a homestead there, a gorgeous place I treasure and enjoy very, very much. Initially I actually felt a bit guilty going for one of the new homes since so many have no place at all That is not the case anymore though and here is why.  Here's the game changer, the one I think a lot are really not giving the credit its due. What makes Bellisseria SO awesome and so incredible isn't the homes we get.. and all of you on these threads in this forum have already tasted the cake..its all of us..its the people! its the kindness and interaction that have been woven into the very fabric that is Bellisseria . In all my years in a LL home not once did I even SEE a neighbor , let alone talk to one..its been less then a week, I know my next door neighbor by name..and we said goodnight to each other before i logged off last night. I've met folks from across the continent right here in the forums AND in world... neighbors go sailing by, riding by, driving and flying by. Our fairgrounds WILL be used I have no doubt and even more relationships built My kids have their home point but they will have to juggle around the time I will spend there, and have been spending there since porting in. So while you are clicking that refresh, dealing with the anger, and disappointment . while you are hunting furnishings and decor for a home you do not yet have a region name for let alone a slurl.. I strongly encourage you..get to know us. those with an address and those that don't yet have theirs...because your time IS coming , its there...maybe today..maybe wed..maybe a month from now.. but while you wait you can already eat the cake, you can already enjoy what makes the space so freaking awesome.. the people ..So enjoy the parks, the rez zones, get to know the folks that may someday be up the road or water way from you.. start building and furnishing the home that will be held in your heart while you wait for the one to set a few prims in

This was beautifully written and I absolutely agree with everything you've said. I don't have a house right now, but I am a member of two of the groups and I love the interaction in them. Today while waiting for houses to be released I was in Raccoon Run waiting to see which region was going to be released, I met some awesome people there waiting for the same thing. We had a wonderful chat and that's what I want, the community, the feeling of belonging, because honestly I'm tired of being alone on my land, I honestly never see anyone else logging in and it makes for a very lonely SL. I've gone to a couple of events that have been offered and loved the sense of community. Yes I may complain about not getting a house but I don't give up, and I temper that anger with the thought that I'm not the only one in this boat LOL. Sooner or later I'll have a house and a sense of community and a sense of belonging which is what the new region is all about. Thank you for posting this!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, anniepany said:

This was beautifully written and I absolutely agree with everything you've said. I don't have a house right now, but I am a member of two of the groups and I love the interaction in them. Today while waiting for houses to be released I was in Raccoon Run waiting to see which region was going to be released, I met some awesome people there waiting for the same thing. We had a wonderful chat and that's what I want, the community, the feeling of belonging, because honestly I'm tired of being alone on my land, I honestly never see anyone else logging in and it makes for a very lonely SL. I've gone to a couple of events that have been offered and loved the sense of community. Yes I may complain about not getting a house but I don't give up, and I temper that anger with the thought that I'm not the only one in this boat LOL. Sooner or later I'll have a house and a sense of community and a sense of belonging which is what the new region is all about. Thank you for posting this!

you are most welcome Anniepany :) I'll keep my eyes open for you and if you are ever near Gallaude't dont hesitate to stop by and say hello :)  You will get the perfect spot for you, I've got total faith in that :)

• Like 2

Just now, KyraDevon Graves said:

you are most welcome Anniepany :) I'll keep my eyes open for you and if you are ever near Gallaude't dont hesitate to stop by and say hello :)  You will get the perfect spot for you, I've got total faith in that :)

Thanks for the invite, you might just see me there sometime and if I am, I'll be sure to say hello! Oh I'm positive I'll get one, but please let it be before I become old and senile LOL

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, anniepany said:

Thanks for the invite, you might just see me there sometime and if I am, I'll be sure to say hello! Oh I'm positive I'll get one, but please let it be before I become old and senile LOL

Good news is here even when we are old and senile we look AMAZING lol :) and can still move around like the youngin's no joint pain here! :)

Edited by KyraDevon Graves
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have been waiting since the first ones came out. I do hope I am lucky enough to get one soon.  I do get discouraged but I am not giving up.  I hope to be part of the community as well soon. If someone wants please send me an LM inworld so I can at least come check out the community and start getting to know the neighbors as well.  I want to be part of the Bellisseria community too.  Neighborhood block parties and all that good stuff.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lynn Zelin said:

I have been waiting since the first ones came out. I do hope I am lucky enough to get one soon.  I do get discouraged but I am not giving up.  I hope to be part of the community as well soon. If someone wants please send me an LM inworld so I can at least come check out the community and start getting to know the neighbors as well.  I want to be part of the Bellisseria community too.  Neighborhood block parties and all that good stuff.  

Sent you one inworld 😃

Happy House Hunting!

• Like 4

Such a lovely positive post Kyra! I was lucky enough to get my home on the Jamesborough release. Id encourage all those still trying, don't give up!  Join the Bellisseria groups inworld and explore the community that makes it special ❤️

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

@KyraDevon Graves, because of the way I have my forum notifications set up, I still have the original text that you posted and I would strongly suggest you would post it again. There was nothing wrong with what you posted, nothing whatsoever and it deserves to be read.
Just say the word, and I will give you the text in a PM so you can restore it.

I'm glad you encouraged her to repost it. Thx!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.