Jump to content
  • 0
killerpoet

New Classic Avatar Issue

Question

Ever since I tried a new mesh body now my classic body is broken in the middle just under the pecs it separates and bends when you move around it never did this before. How do I fix this? I've tried rebaking and using different shapes and skintones and even went back to default noob avi before trying again and the problem is still there. I love my classic avatar and this problem I can't fix no matter what I try, I'll try any suggestion.

Classic Body Issue.jpg

Classic Body Issue 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

that effect is normal at a standard avi, but looks to me you wear two bodies so it's super visible
wear the alpha layer, or see if you can take off the second body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

like Fox says what you see, can happen with a classic avatar shape when an animation has messed up our skeleton a bit

in the LL viewer, right-click on yourself and Reset Skeleton and Animations

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

thanks for your help

Fox I only wear one body with classic I replaced outfit with just a Novus shape and Tableau Skin and Keshie system eyes and Dura hairbase and still it did not fix this issue I've worn the same items for years and never had an issue before I created myself a mesh avatar and then when I took it off and tried to go back to my classic avatar it looked like this.

 

Mollymews thank you I did not know that I will try this and let you know how it goes I have never seen a setting for Reset Skeleton and Animations is that in Firestorm viewer somewhere or do I need to log into my Second Life viewer? I will look and update to see if this worked thank you I do like my mesh body but I love my classic one too :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

thanks for your help

 

*Edit*

Mollymews I tried resetting the skeleton and animations as you said it still did not fix this issue any further help would be greatly appreciated.

*Update

I just checked 2 of my friends classic too it's happening to them too now with their classic bodies too is this an SL issue that they are unaware of?

 

 

 

Classic Body Issue 3.jpg

Edited by killerpoet
new info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/1/2019 at 2:38 AM, killerpoet said:

Mollymews I tried resetting the skeleton and animations as you said it still did not fix this issue any further help would be greatly appreciated.

*Update

I just checked 2 of my friends classic too it's happening to them too now with their classic bodies too is this an SL issue that they are unaware of?

The problem you see is an old problem. It was a big factor in users complaints when asking for a better avatar - 2008-2010. We hear of it less often since mesh.

A mesh body is just another attachment. It does nothing to the classic body.

Shapes affect both classic and mesh bodies. Some shapes and animations aggravate the problem you see. Many sitting and most bending forward animation make the problem more noticable.

The most you can do is tweak the shape to minimize the problem.

It seriously looks like you have two bodies. Classic and mesh... I'll take you word you are wearing just the classic body. But, I suggest you put an alpha on the classic body and make sure nothing else is attached. Viewers do occasionally render a previous attachment that in Inventory shows as detached. So, relog and check again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Nalates it's still happening with many many classic avatars in the world wearing many different body shapes and most don't even own a mesh body as I didn't when this pic was taken with Only shape, skintone, system eye, and brows on replaced outfit and the issue is still there. I did try as you suggested with an alpha and then replaced outfit again with only shape, tone, eyes and brows and it's still like this as well as tried relogging and resetting skeleton and skeleton and animations so bare bones shape, tone, eyes and brows and still looks like this tried different shapes from various creators and all look like this broken body.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, killerpoet said:

Nalates it's still happening with many many classic avatars in the world wearing many different body shapes and most don't even own a mesh body as I didn't when this pic was taken with Only shape, skintone, system eye, and brows on replaced outfit and the issue is still there. I did try as you suggested with an alpha and then replaced outfit again with only shape, tone, eyes and brows and it's still like this as well as tried relogging and resetting skeleton and skeleton and animations so bare bones shape, tone, eyes and brows and still looks like this tried different shapes from various creators and all look like this broken body.

 

Have you tried creating a new shape? Not just new numbers, but actually creating a brand new shape (right-click a folder then choose New Body Parts->New Shape)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

nope haven't tried that yet seems just all classic skeletons all over sl are broken haven't seen one not broken now since this post but I'll give that a go thanks for the suggestion

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Classic avatars are not broken. Neither are the viewers. They just aren't made as well as they could be. This image is my classic avatar as seen with both Firestorm 6.2.4 and the Linden SL Viewer 6.4.0.

AVProbFS_001Comp.thumb.jpg.de7ba488be262f8f44b3625ea04d55b0.jpg

The problem is easier to see in a video as the parts move with breathing, but that was too much effort.

I drew the lines to show how contorted the abs are when the avatar bends forward. It is the same in both the FS and SL viewers, which eliminates a viewer problem.

This is just how the Classic avatar is built. It has been this way ever since I came into SL. It is the reason we had tons of JIRA bug reports and feature requests for years. People wanted a better avatar. We got that with the new mesh-avatars.

There are other problems with the Classic avatar you probably haven't noticed. I'll avoid adding to your misery.

AVProbFS_002.thumb.jpg.77bfed45dd01584493c015afaa3b7c3b.jpg

This is the same pose in Firestorm with the Slink Physique body.

The rigging in the Classic SL Avatar body needs to be redone. BUT... that could break legacy content. So, it is VERY unlikely the Lindens will ever change the Classic avatar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

All classic bodies have this problem and its your AO and other animations that cause it, not the shape. Nearly all animations will break the classic shape at this point. The only practical solution is to get a mesh body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

For nearly 6 years there was never an issue with my classic body it only occurred in July this year out of the clear blue my classic avatar has always been perfectly smooth not cracked like that and nothing has changed on my end recently either my ao and animations have not changed in 6 years I've added nothing new at all animation or ao wise and as you can see from this pic this is how the chest area always looked Before July with no changes on my end whatsoever. *same pose as original post only no body folding*

Killer cropped chest.png

Edited by killerpoet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/15/2019 at 12:22 PM, killerpoet said:

For nearly 6 years there was never an issue with my classic body it only occurred in July this year out of the clear blue my classic avatar has always been perfectly smooth not cracked like that and nothing has changed on my end recently either my ao and animations have not changed in 6 years I've added nothing new at all animation or ao wise and as you can see from this pic this is how the chest area always looked Before July with no changes on my end whatsoever. *same pose as original post only no body folding*

Killer cropped chest.png

You can continue to insist your avatar never had this problem. I expect you to get frustrated. No one can help and most are not going to believe you because most noticed the problem long ago.

You can file a JIRA bug report explaining the problem so you get a response from a Linden. But, you are going to find people and Lindens telling you the problem has been around forever and it will not be fixed.

You can check that it is not just a recent viewer thing yourself. Get an older version of the viewer. Link: https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/viewer/[version number here].html You can find old version numbers on mine and Inara's blogs. ONLY use main viewer version numbers. RC versions force and update BEFORE they launch.

It is hard to install an older version and run it more than once. I find it easier to install the version in a folder other than the default. Doing so leaves you default viewer operational.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...