Leora Jacobus

How to economize with Land Impact

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Another thing is not only saving prims, but giving more variety. I have 2 large groups of flowers in my garden. Before I started to edit one, it was 19 prims and 15 LI. Now, it is 26 prims and 13 LI.

I have not saved so much, but I got a much more interesting garden. I could also take off some other parts since the flowers spread out, so I have 8 more LI now in total.

Every time I can save 1 LI, I always think about what I put down another place. Like a 1 LI rug, or a picture.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Odaks said:

Its really weird, I couldn't possibly explain it, but I feel exactly the same way! Somehow I just need to know that there's a functional bathroom, functional kitchen etc. I try to keep things to a bare minimum, but the basics just have to be there!

It is funny how we think we have to have this stuff.  I do it too.  I also have to have my doors and windows open all the time or I feel closed in.  I was able to get some screen doors for the winchester and I am a happy camper.

5 hours ago, karynmaria said:

I also have to have my doors and windows open all the time or I feel closed in

I have the same feeling in enclosed skyboxes.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, RaeLeeH said:

...As it stands right at this very minute I still have 100 prims "free". I could go crazy and add more clutter but I've had to show some *gasp!* self-restraint. It's actually so that I can rez my Zooby Animesh baby. Having her makes my house feel even more like a home. Though given this topic is about trying to economize maybe she's not the best example of how since without any attachments she is 79 LI just on her own. (I know, I know... not economical, but I can't help it! Correction: I don't want to XD)....

What's a "Zooby Animesh baby"???

Neither Google nor the Marketplaze could tell me that.

3 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I have the same feeling in enclosed skyboxes.

Yes funny but that's how I feel too. I could NEVER live in a skybox, no matter how big it was or how beautifully done up.

For me it stays - like the name suggests - simply a BOX.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What's a "Zooby Animesh baby"???

Neither Google nor the Marketplaze could tell me that.

1389448980_Snapshot_023(3).thumb.png.0a7d3f862a7367025b259ecb15c95ab6.png

^ That. Aka: almost one-third my land impact. Right there. But soooooooo adorable! 

(Thanks @iBrat :) )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

^ That. Aka: almost one-third my land impact. Right there. But soooooooo adorable! 

(Thanks @iBrat :) )

She's really SWEET ... but is she a doll? or an avatar`? In the MP I found Zooby Meshavatars - surely they do not have Landimpact?

Sorry if I sound  foolish never herad of Zooby before. Is it a brand? Could not find a shop with that name.

My alt has a toddler Avatar from Toddleedoo . Was a kind of challenge in our German SL Forum who created the sweetest Toddler. ;)

28489163764_ab480a082c_c.jpg
BabySK1 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

29110704535_e00f63712c_c.jpg
BabySK2 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

She was called Bootsie (like my nickname as a toddler) and has a twinbrother Tommy ;)

28872124840_3d491a062d_c.jpg
TommyLaeuft by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

Those Zooby babies are ridiculously cute, the way they move is delightful, but yeah, yikes that LI 

I wish I could open the windows on my houseboat, I compensate by always having the doors wide open

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

She's really SWEET ... but is she a doll? or an avatar`? In the MP I found Zooby Meshavatars - surely they do not have Landimpact?

Sorry if I sound  foolish never herad of Zooby before. Is it a brand? Could not find a shop with that name.

My alt has a toddler Avatar from Toddleedoo . Was a kind of challenge in our German SL Forum who created the sweetest Toddler. ;)

28489163764_ab480a082c_c.jpg
BabySK1 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

They're more like a doll - the mesh avatars you found are more like Toddleedoo but more limited, but the Animesh ones people are talking about are almost like a pet. You feed them and put them to bed and dress them and so on - as far as I'm aware, there's no consequence to not feeding them etc as if with a breedable. But they're animesh, so the mesh basically has its own AO, it moves extremely smoothly and realistically, the downside of which is, animesh items are almost always extremely high LI - I believe because of the heavy scripting weight the animations add? 

From the way they move, you would almost think they were an avatar, but they're much much smaller than TD/Bebe et al. 

Zooby, btw, has been around for yonks, was originally known for selling pets, dogs and cats and so on, they were fairly advanced for their time, and then I want to say 10 years ago, released an interactive baby, which I'm sorry to say was not nearly as adorable as these new ones. The beautiful new animesh ones have only been released about a month or so. 

Edited by Nivaya Barbosa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

^ That. Aka: almost one-third my land impact. Right there. But soooooooo adorable

She even looks like you, those buns... I just can't, it so cute! If only Li wasn't a issue. They deff how NOT to economize the Land Impact.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Yes, she's a doll that moves. She has needs that you have to fulfil daily to earn reward points or "tokens" in order to purchase items or toys for her to play with.

Zooby is a brand that has been around for many years, though they are best known for their sculpt babies and animals. You will be able to find Zooby on the Marketplace (the sculpt babies are no longer being sold but I believe the animals still are). My baby is of the newer animesh variety that was recently released. She's essentially a "fake person" though not a bot, meaning she's not controlled by another avatar. She's scripted to move and do things but has far more limitations than a baby or child avatar, yes. Zooby mesh child avatars are avatars. You don't rez them like you would say a sofa. They are mesh shapes worn by an avatar to look like a child; so they don't take up land impact.

27 minutes ago, Nivaya Barbosa said:

Those Zooby babies are ridiculously cute, the way they move is delightful, but yeah, yikes that LI 

I wish I could open the windows on my houseboat, I compensate by always having the doors wide open

Yikes that LI indeed! That picture I posted isn't 79 LI. There I think she was closer to 130 LI, it varies according to what attachments I add to her; every piece of clothing or shoes or hair style changes her LI. She will never be any lower than 79 and that is bald with just a diaper on PLUS an additional 3 or 4 LI just for the "part" that rezzes her (luckily it disappears after she's rezzed). So needless to say she doesn't wear much in my Bellisseria home, just a diaper, hair, and sometimes a shirt. That's. It.

Anyway back on track, I had no idea windows couldn't open in houseboats. Strange design choice considering the Traditional homes do (and they were released the same time). At least you have the pier/decking areas to get fresh air? They do seem like large spaces to decorate too. Sadly too laggy for me, but I applaud those who can pull off decorating them well!

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit!
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, iBrat said:

She even looks like you, those buns... I just can't, it so cute! If only Li wasn't a issue. They deff how NOT to economize the Land Impact.

Awwww thank you! Yeah she's adorable. I knew from the second I saw the promotional videos months ago that I would get one, but then I saw talk of the Bellisseria homes and knew I had to get creative in order to have both. If I was forced to decide one or the other I'm not sure which way I would go. As it is things are cutting very close. If LL releases larger plots with this supposedly super-duper premium plan then things may be better. It's a balancing act is all I can say! Some people have actually told me they have TWO babies in their Bellisseria homes. I have no idea how, unless they decorate sparsely, and I couldn't do that. Like anything else regarding decorating its a choice between what you can live with and what you can do without.

And thanks @Nivaya Barbosa; you posted while I was mid-rant. Regarding LI I think it's more to do with tris (the triangles that make up mesh shapes) since more are needed to create a curved shape with smooth/fluid joints generally speaking than a flat non-flexible shape. I could be wrong but that's my understanding on it. I've compared the scripts between models myself; the animesh has far less script weight than the old sculpties - even some of my furnishings! (FYI - I took the scripts in said furniture out so that I could link it to the rest of the link-sets where possible anyway). And yes, no consequences to not feeding or caring for them. They don't die. Nothing bad happens. You just don't earn tokens, that's it. :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH

Interesting to read these points of view what to put inside the homes. I'm adding wall for a full bathroom upstairs for the Winchester and half bath on the main floor using the outdoors space with a carport turned into a room. Double doors to the backyard.

I want the look of a real home. It's not hard to create.  We have that green pad as a yard, some of mine will be grass prims. I need to see reality or why even have a home.

• Like 2

I have a question. I had to link a gate to a prim to move the gate in line with the exciting fence. Which worked, but now the gate is broken and won't open. I asume because I linked it. Is there a way to fix that? Or an extra step?

49 minutes ago, iBrat said:

I have a question. I had to link a gate to a prim to move the gate in line with the exciting fence. Which worked, but now the gate is broken and won't open. I asume because I linked it. Is there a way to fix that? Or an extra step?

First off, if you are talking about moving the gate so it lines up with the Mole provided fence, by adding a root prim that you keep on your property -- you are not supposed to do that.  You are not allowed to have "off parcel" items like that.  It is specifically stated in the Covenant.

Second, the gate opening question:  Some open/close scripts are required to be in the root prim and some don't seem to work if they are part of any linkset at all.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2019 at 7:22 AM, Leora Jacobus said:

I put up a kitchen but all the cupboards are empty. If I fill them with china, glasses and food that will take LOTS of LI.

I thought about one prim textured with a photo of kitchenstuff  ;) - But I cannot find something like that on the MP

How do you fill your cupboards?

I was once toying with the idea of a cupboard where, with the doors closed, you saw a picture. When you opened the doors, the items were actually rezzed as 3D objects. Close the doors, and the objects are deleted and the front of the cabinet shows a picture again.

The intended use was a store or a library, but it could work for a kitchen.

One of those farming systems where you work to make ingredients, which you then prepare and cook, could work that way. You and others could see your inventory and the results of all the hard work.

2 hours ago, animats said:

I was once toying with the idea of a cupboard where, with the doors closed, you saw a picture. When you opened the doors, the items were actually rezzed as 3D objects. Close the doors, and the objects are deleted and the front of the cabinet shows a picture again.

The intended use was a store or a library, but it could work for a kitchen.

One of those farming systems where you work to make ingredients, which you then prepare and cook, could work that way. You and others could see your inventory and the results of all the hard work.

Sounds interesting but is far too complicated for me.

I am not all that immersive as to open a kitchen- cupboard and to expect to find cups and glasses there, just to look at an EMPTY cupboard with glasfronts showing it is empty was a bit to akward. So I am fine with a picture and the mere look of china.

Moreover if the things are rezzed as soon as I open the cupboard I have to have spare LI for that haven't I?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.