Christian / messianic Looking for other Christians/ messianic. :D

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi my name is Jaide Beck in sl. I have been in sl since May 2007. I am looking for serious christians/messianics, who are very serious about there faith in Jesus/ Yeshua. I want to find some friends because I am alone a lot in sl and i want to read the Bible together and discuss, but we could also parachute, shop, play games, etc. i just wanted to find some like minded friends. :)  Of course I'd be friends with anyone as long as they are respectable. :) I've been in the Lord for over 25 yrs, not to say I know everything cause I'm far from it. 😛 I just want to fill my sl with friends and not be lonely anymore. :) We could just sit and talk, we don't have to shop, I just want friendly people to spend my time with when I'm on sl, though sometimes I tend to be a loner, which I suppose could be my downfall in some ways. :() I hope you will let me know. :) Maybe we could talk a bit before becoming friends. :) So we can decide if we like being around each other. :) Thanks for reading. :D Jaide Beck Shalom! :)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Oh really? I just really want friends who are serious christians/messianics and who are fun and friiendly, but are very serious in Jesus/ Yeshua. I do like to have fun, but I want Jesus to come first, it is hard to find other believers who really enjoy fellowship in Jesus, talking about him and stuff. :) Praying together, worshipping together, sharing, etc. I have been in diff Bible studies, churches, nobody wants to be friends outside of it, so it seems. :))

Hi Jaide! I would be very interested in talking to you! I am also a Christian, and while I've been blessed to have found a couple other Christians in world with whom I am friends, I agree that it's hard to meet like-minded Christians who are open to friendship. Feel free to message me in world and lets chat. Or, send me a IM through here. Look forward to talking to you!

• Like 1

I think one huge difficulty with Christian fellowship within SL is the great diversity of Christian expressions of faith. When you take the relatively small percentage of people in SL who are open here about thier faith, that group gets further divided into various doctrines and denominations. I have been involved with some Catholic groups but since I am not Catholic I have not been totally enthusiastic about it. I dI not remember ever meeting another Presbyterian in SL. 

On 1/15/2020 at 4:21 PM, Talligurl said:

I think one huge difficulty with Christian fellowship within SL is the great diversity of Christian expressions of faith

This.

Some of the different groups have extremely different views of the world. I'd wager most of them would consider a Rasta like me a heretic if they ever understood us beyond just 'Bob Marley'...

That said... I've met plenty of agnostic, protestant and catholic folks who are friendly...

But we can't always talk faith so easily.

• Like 3

On 6/30/2019 at 9:51 PM, Ana Stubbs said:

Sounds like you might enjoy attending some bible study groups in SL. There are several - my church runs one at 10.30am on Sundays, but you can find others.

We're at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Epiphany/101/147/50 - please excuse the mess, we're in the middle of a sim rebuild, so the layout is functional but not very pretty.

I'd probably burst into flames upon landing on the region.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, carolinestravels said:

I'd probably burst into flames upon landing on the region.

Or would the region burst into flames upon your arrival?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PandoriaMoonshadow said:

...not sure what exactly you mean by this.

meaning is, two christians will disagree on so many points and levels soon they won't go to eachothers church anymore , even at least one will disagree with himself so will split off to a third denomination. Thats why there are countless, mostly protestant, denominations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

meaning is, two christians will disagree on so many points and levels soon they won't go to eachothers church anymore , even at least one will disagree with himself so will split off to a third denomination. Thats why there are countless, mostly protestant, denominations.

Ahh, gotcha. It is unfortunately quite true. Even within a single denomination, you have schisms and groups that break off and form their own churches. About to happen right now with the Methodist Church between two opposing sides that argue vehemently to their opinions and positions regarding one specific issue. I'm a Baptist, and they are fairly well known for their ability to argue with others and break free. My own pastor likes to make jokes that fried chicken on Sundays is just about the only thing you'll get all (Southern) Baptists to agree on.

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
On 17/01/2020 at 11:30 PM, PandoriaMoonshadow said:

Ahh, gotcha. It is unfortunately quite true. Even within a single denomination, you have schisms and groups that break off and form their own churches. About to happen right now with the Methodist Church between two opposing sides that argue vehemently to their opinions and positions regarding one specific issue. I'm a Baptist, and they are fairly well known for their ability to argue with others and break free. My own pastor likes to make jokes that fried chicken on Sundays is just about the only thing you'll get all (Southern) Baptists to agree on.

Its the same case with all religions fam.

Christianity is predicted to have like 72 groups,

Islam like 73.

And almost all religions are that way.

The only correct way is to go back to the beginning,to the holy books and flawless correct teachings and understandings based on that.

Other than that,fights wont end,sects wont stop coming.

Tee haw.🤷‍♂️😊😊😊

Edited by KanzulR
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2020 at 8:10 AM, PandoriaMoonshadow said:

Hi Jaide! I would be very interested in talking to you! I am also a Christian, and while I've been blessed to have found a couple other Christians in world with whom I am friends, I agree that it's hard to meet like-minded Christians who are open to friendship. Feel free to message me in world and lets chat. Or, send me a IM through here. Look forward to talking to you!

Hi, I was on vacation, but I'm back. That sounds great. :D ... oh dear. . this was before my vacation. OO Wow. 😮 

Edited by Jaide Beck
  • Confused 1

On 1/16/2020 at 9:33 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

This.

Some of the different groups have extremely different views of the world. I'd wager most of them would consider a Rasta like me a heretic if they ever understood us beyond just 'Bob Marley'...

That said... I've met plenty of agnostic, protestant and catholic folks who are friendly...

But we can't always talk faith so easily.

Jesus paid it all, I want to live for him and obey him and read his word and tell others about him and love and help people through Jesus. :) Yeshua/ Yehovah. :)  I want to abide by scripture, not man's word. :) Hope that helps. :) Even if i'm considered an outcast. :o  Huggies. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:46 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

put two christians together and you'll have 3 churches within a week.

I'm just trying to find friends that are my brothers and sisters, I am always here to talk with anybody, not that I hold all answers, only Adonai knows all things. :D 

It's like two people are mechanics and they find common ground to talk about hey what car did you work on today? Oh, I worked on a ****. Oh, I seee... I worked on a *** and it was messed up from a wreck! Oh wow! What did you have to do? Did you get it completely repaired? I just wanted to ask for people who want to talk as friends that are interested under the information I gave. :) 

On 2/7/2021 at 3:14 AM, KanzulR said:

Its the same case with all religions fam.

Christianity is predicted to have like 72 groups,

Islam like 73.

And almost all religions are that way.

The only correct way is to go back to the beginning,to the holy books and flawless correct teachings and understandings based on that.

Other than that,fights wont end,sects wont stop coming.

Tee haw.🤷‍♂️😊😊😊

Well, I know a lot of people have heard this before, but in the word of the Lord it says in 

James 1:27

“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”
King James Version (KJV)

Hope this helps! :D 

“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

strange.... your OP is from 2019, you have 8 full pages of activity in between till now and you reply with that?.... sorry not buying that. You didn't look at the thread at all .

Well, I didn't see there were 8 pages. I know it was a long time ago, and I didn't know there were people talking on here. A girl sent me a message and I saw her post and a few others, but I don't think I saw all of the posts. 😮

I posted in June of 2019 and I thought nobody was interested so I gave up on it. I guess I didn't realize there were people talking, or if I did maybe I just thought they were generally discussing things not "looking" for a friend. :o I'm feeling confused now. 😛 

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Your post activity.  Not this post specifically.

https://community.secondlife.com/profile/890632-jaide-beck/content/

When I came back from vacation a few days ago I didn't  check until now and I only had one response. O__O  I know about my profile page, I just thought he was talking about 'this ' actual threat :D :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.