Buy a friend a gift on Marketplace and let me know if it works.

Trix Braveheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am so frustrated, I posted an early question about the performance of gifts in Marketplace ..It's not working for me

17 attempts over 3 days all failed (just gifts, I get immediate delivery to myself, no problem)

I submitted the issue to support and they said it must be bug and told me to post on the jira...after posting there, the jira sent me back to support...both tried to close their respective tickets. 

Please help me out by going to marketplace and buying something for a friend (as a gift), you can still find some free things or stuff worth $1 L. I don't mean you're cheap, but, it is afterall just a check to help me out. Don't tell your friend that, take the credit for being a "great person and friend". Best if your friend is online and not set busy

If it fails, please post a comment to my jira entry

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6967

6 answers to this question

If no one was able to send gifts from the Marketplace this site would be flooded with posts about it, so it is safe to assume that it is not happening to everyone.

There is a known bug that prevents gifts from being sent to specific idividuals (no matter who the sender is) but you are the only one I have heard of that can`t send gifts to anybody else. You could add your comments to https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3126 stating what is happening in your case, you never know it may be a variation of the same thing - Maybe you are one of the people that other people wouldn`t be able to gift to.

I know it must be frustrating trying to get help, but as you can imagine there are always going to be tickets submitted for issues that support has never heard of before too and they would be right to send you to open a JIRA & likewise lots of people start JIRA for things that are actually support issues or not issues at all (like "I am a cloud").

Your JIRA is not wasted, it won`t be deleted and if the same thing happens to other people they will comment on it and if enough people do that, they will reopen it when they realise its a real bug.

You could reopen your ticket, add your JIRA number to it, tell them that you have been sent back to support & ask them to investigate further. Just remember that all bugs are new before they spread, sometimes an instant fix is just not known.

Thank you Peewee, before I reported the issue to support, I did look at the jira and nearly all of the similar complaints were marked to Support. I have a jira open on my issue and a support ticket, but the jira is the active thing. I, like you, was sure there would be a flood of complaints.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3864

The issue for me started up suddenly on the 6th and continues...I buy things as gifts for staff at work, things like clothes, shoes etc makes the whole no transfer thing go away. I have been operating that way forever, this issue as I said only reared its head in the last few days.

I was only upset that both support and the jira wanted to close, I was not about to roll over, grins.

Some have suggested that the sudden increase in Marketplace failures could be due to LL secretly testing the proposed new system for getting rid of magic boxes, I have no idea if there is any truth to that theory, but I guess it could be a possibility. If that is the case, maybe your problem will stop as quickly as it started without ever being explained.

Another poster fixed his problem earlier by going AFK and eating pasta and parmesan....did you try that one yet? lol :D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.