How to find new linden homes/where to sign up *pulling hair out!!*

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, AlyceAdrift said:

That sounds like an awesome idea. I wonder though, if enough people wanted it, would they make a plot of the trailers with the full 1024 and the 351 allotment because if I were to do something small like that, I'd want to deck it out as much as I could. 

Part of the fun is that we have no idea what they are cooking up, so that could happen, but did you see the trailers on display? They are small enough in size that I actually think you could do a good job of filling them up with stuff for the standard LI allowance on a 512. I mean, just one big room vs the 3+ of a Winchester, you know? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Part of the fun is that we have no idea what they are cooking up, so that could happen, but did you see the trailers on display? They are small enough in size that I actually think you could do a good job of filling them up with stuff for the standard LI allowance on a 512. I mean, just one big room vs the 3+ of a Winchester, you know? 

Yeah, this is very true. I'm just a blogger and I like some of the stuff that sometimes runs a little high on prims like the dust bunny bedroom and living room sets, I guess I have expensive taste, maybe. 😂 Just waiting to see is the hardest part right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Yeah, this is very true. I'm just a blogger and I like some of the stuff that sometimes runs a little high on prims like the dust bunny bedroom and living room sets, I guess I have expensive taste, maybe. 😂 Just waiting to see is the hardest part right now.

Funny you should mention that... I just this moment pulled a dust bunny clothing rack out of inventory, saw it's 18 LI, and noped it right back into storage. So cute, though!

Waiting is hard, but each new region is prettier than the last, so waiting should turn out to be well worth it! The newest landscaping is so gorgeous.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Some people want to use that spare 512 on Mainland, like for a shop. It's great that LL is offering smaller parcels for those who don't want to spend their 1024 on just one spot. 

While I agree with your premise, we currently have 4 styles of housing that are on 512m parcels, a 5th seems redundant.

I fully support the waitlist idea, it would make life so much easier as I wouldn't spend hours randomly hitting refresh to see if anyone's abandoned their parcel. :)

And maybe they could look at expanding some of the current old style parcels to include garden space to expand into a 1024 plot? I'd be fine with a Meadowbrook on a 1024m plot for example.

22 minutes ago, Th3Governess said:

While I agree with your premise, we currently have 4 styles of housing that are on 512m parcels, a 5th seems redundant.

Except that 1) the current homes are not the same as the new ones, and 2) the old homes are going to be torn down at some point. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Although... It'd also be nice if we were possibly allowed to set up stuff like that in our yard, like a yard sale day or something where we all could go to each other's houses like a real yard sale and pick up gachas and stuff from one another.... Right? Not necessarily commercial like an actual store, just something low key that wouldn't be like owning a shop in your house.

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

No, because I would spend all my money. I don't need temptation right next door! lol  

(I have a feeling that in time, LL will set up some sort of community event where people can set up their yard sale tables. Something Patch said a while back, though I don't recall at the moment which thread it was in. Stay tuned!)

Patch mentioned that there might be an area set up for folks to sell things that are "specific to the homes" -- like the add-ons.  

I'm pretty sure they won't ever let anyone sell things directly from their own Linden Home.  It would be too difficult to control and we could end up with all sorts of crazy things going on, with some parcels looking a bit too much like some of the wild Mainland areas.

4 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

That sounds like an awesome idea. I wonder though, if enough people wanted it, would they make a plot of the trailers with the full 1024 and the 351 allotment because if I were to do something small like that, I'd want to deck it out as much as I could. 

Patch mentioned that there "might" be some 1024 Camper/Trailer plots down the road.

1 hour ago, Th3Governess said:

I fully support the waitlist idea, it would make life so much easier as I wouldn't spend hours randomly hitting refresh to see if anyone's abandoned their parcel. :)

And maybe they could look at expanding some of the current old style parcels to include garden space to expand into a 1024 plot? I'd be fine with a Meadowbrook on a 1024m plot for example.

The older Linden Homes will be going away - so at that time, all of those styles will be gone.

They have already said that it would be way too much work to try changing anything about the older homes.  That is why they created an entirely new continent with completely new setups.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Patch mentioned that there might be an area set up for folks to sell things that are "specific to the homes" -- like the add-ons.  

I'm pretty sure they won't ever let anyone sell things directly from their own Linden Home.  It would be too difficult to control and we could end up with all sorts of crazy things going on, with some parcels looking a bit too much like some of the wild Mainland areas.

I was thinking of a centralized event, like a flea market, not individual yard sales. At any rate, I think it's safe to say none of us know for sure what they might allow in the future. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Except that 1) the current homes are not the same as the new ones, and 2) the old homes are going to be torn down at some point. 

Some time soon I suspect Sylvia *cries*.

I went Premium a few days ago so have not been trying anywhere near as long as many of you, but I did go premium solely to have one of the homes.  I do have an alt that has owned a quad since 2008  and a little disappointed that apparently she will be losing that but never mind. So, I decided, having never yet seen a Bellissaria properly come up in a refresh I'll get an old home to be getting on with. The loft looked OK, so I got it.

Who doesn't love the look of scorched earth in the morning 😂

tickytacky2.png

tickytacky1.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Evarne said:

Some time soon I suspect Sylvia *cries*.

I went Premium a few days ago so have not been trying anywhere near as long as many of you, but I did go premium solely to have one of the homes.  I do have an alt that has owned a quad since 2008  and a little disappointed that apparently she will be losing that but never mind. So, I decided, having never yet seen a Bellissaria properly come up in a refresh I'll get an old home to be getting on with. The loft looked OK, so I got it.

Who doesn't love the look of scorched earth in the morning 😂

tickytacky2.png

tickytacky1.png

Oh my, did you try a relog? That kind of looks like a viewer issue. *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I was thinking of a centralized event, like a flea market, not individual yard sales. At any rate, I think it's safe to say none of us know for sure what they might allow in the future. :)

They could do that, though it would definitely take some management.  They'd have to make sure that people signed up for space and were granted space in a very controlled way, to ensure that everyone that wanted a spot got equal time.  Also, I think they'd have to be sure to put it on its own region, without any other homes, primarily for lag issues.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They could do that, though it would definitely take some management.  They'd have to make sure that people signed up for space and were granted space in a very controlled way, to ensure that everyone that wanted a spot got equal time.  Also, I think they'd have to be sure to put it on its own region, without any other homes, primarily for lag issues.

Yeah, I'm picturing it being similar to SLB, really. Sign up for a spot and get approved, etc. Might be fun!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Funny you should mention that... I just this moment pulled a dust bunny clothing rack out of inventory, saw it's 18 LI, and noped it right back into storage. So cute, though!

Waiting is hard, but each new region is prettier than the last, so waiting should turn out to be well worth it! The newest landscaping is so gorgeous.

LOL. I love how you use 'nope' as a verb. 😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Evarne said:

Sadly Sylvia I did and it isn't lol 😂

Have you tried selecting anything in that area? (Like lasso-select everything). It's often really the viewer needing to get an update from the server as to what drawable objects are in the area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, latinatransgirl said:

so if i understand this right the "new linden homes" would i be able to trade it for this mountain view home i have? or do you have to purchase it?

It isn't exactly a "trade".  You would have to Abandon the old Linden Home and then keep freshing the 'get your home' page, waiting for a Bellisseria home to become available.

You do not have to purchase the home though.

It might be less stressful to just keep your current home until there is more availability of the new homes.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It isn't exactly a "trade".  You would have to Abandon the old Linden Home and then keep freshing the 'get your home' page, waiting for a Bellisseria home to become available.

You do not have to purchase the home though.

It might be less stressful to just keep your current home until there is more availability of the new homes.

so potentially you could abandon the home and then not be able to get the  new one either? yeah maybe i should wait

9 minutes ago, latinatransgirl said:

so potentially you could abandon the home and then not be able to get the  new one either? yeah maybe i should wait

So potentially isn't really the right work I think :D.  It is UNLIKELY you would get a home. There are hundreds of people trying to get them and maybe 60 a week to be had on a good week. You have to be both lucky and fast.   Read some of the threads here on the forums on the new homes. It has been an "adventure" for sure. 

Good luck!!!!

• Like 3

On 7/21/2019 at 5:29 PM, Evarne said:

Sadly Sylvia I did and it isn't lol 😂

Walk across to the region and back to your own. It'll rezz it .That happens to me sometimes and either a relog or clear cache fixes it. But easier to just walk into the region so it'll rez out.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, Jaide Beck said:

I signed up for what i thought was a linden home it was the OLD ones and now i am stuck with an old one. I was waiting to go premium until new ones come out. Please help. if this was already addressed, i'm sorry but there's SOO many pages and i couldn't find it!!! :( Thx. 

Two choices for you.  

A)  Get a new linden home now.
To do this, you'll need to abandon your current home.  Then you should read up on everything you can find about the current release schedule for the new homes.  As I recall, they are releasing them in groups of 30-ish every few days.  Yes, you read that right... 30.  There are 38000 give or take premium members most of whom presumably want one.  Next, camp at your computer day and night and pray you can hit the refresh at the right time, select the Bellisaria option if it shows up, then quickly commit to the house before one of those 37999 other peole do it.

B)  Wait about a year and a half or two
Eventually, the rush will die down.  It will sooner or later become possible to get a new linden home in some reasonable fashion like... you know... picking it from the list the way you tried to do.  At the rate they are releasing, they will have satisfied the total demand about 8 years from now but that's a worst case scenario.  I'm guessing 2 years is more reasonable.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:10 AM, Damian Mills said:

Two choices for you.  

A)  Get a new linden home now.
To do this, you'll need to abandon your current home.  Then you should read up on everything you can find about the current release schedule for the new homes.  As I recall, they are releasing them in groups of 30-ish every few days.  Yes, you read that right... 30.  There are 38000 give or take premium members most of whom presumably want one.  Next, camp at your computer day and night and pray you can hit the refresh at the right time, select the Bellisaria option if it shows up, then quickly commit to the house before one of those 37999 other peole do it.

B)  Wait about a year and a half or two
Eventually, the rush will die down.  It will sooner or later become possible to get a new linden home in some reasonable fashion like... you know... picking it from the list the way you tried to do.  At the rate they are releasing, they will have satisfied the total demand about 8 years from now but that's a worst case scenario.  I'm guessing 2 years is more reasonable.

Haha a year or two to get a home when you paid for premium this year. That's a joke, right? 

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.