Jump to content

How to find new linden homes/where to sign up *pulling hair out!!*


Jaide Beck
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, cleve Byron said:

This is a process which heavily favors those who are able to camp in front of a computer and just happen to be on line and able to pounce at just the right moment.

I don't think this is the case you don't need to glued to the computer all day nursing the F5/Ctrl-R buttons to get a home just install auto refresh plus set up a Bellisseria key word alert have auto refresh running while you're doing what ever you're on the computer and it will alert you when a Bellisseria property comes up if you are fortunate you'll be able to snag the property yourself. That's how i was able to get a Bellisseria property

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The caveat here is that myself and quite a few others ran into the issue that once the name was filled in for Meadowbrook and I advanced to the next page and then went back, every time I refreshed the page Meadowbrook was always shown even when Bellisseria was available.  I had to actually click the drop down and select Bellissaria to get it to be the default again.

I know that many people did not encounter that, but lots did.  Maybe it depends on the exact browser being used or ... who knows what.  It is something to remember though as a few of us thought that there were no Bellissaria lots available because it did not show them first, but they were in the drop down for selection.  

That is why I've been hesitant to tell new folks to pre-name the parcel with Meadowbrook and go to the next page to get it saved.  It might not work for everyone the way we expect it to.

I have run in to the issue of it being on the drop-down as well, which is why I no longer use it at times between homes. I take my chances on the keyboard smash. I know prior they always came up when it was filled in, then some time around when the houseboats larger area was released it went to having to go in to the pull down. I've heard mixed as of recent, but people always suggesting to fill in a name prior.. considering the names of some parcels newly claimed in the new areas(long names), it does likely work for some and not for others.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2019 at 9:20 AM, Jaide Beck said:

I agree, idk where the button is and idk where to click on. I'm so lost. I got premium for the more exp price because i wanted a house so much, but i'm starting to wonder if I made a good decision. :( 

Don't lose hope and give up Jaide. I also signed up for premium in May and finally got my home last night, after many failures and misses. For a long time I never, ever saw anything pop up, never even got a hit to see the 'sorry, sold' message. It wasn't until I switched to using Chrome Auto Refreshing Plus that I started to get chimed notices of a home available, but I think I missed my chance to grab one over 50 times in this last week, including 15 times yesterday alone. Last evening, with my eyes locked on the page I finally got that lucky hit and went nuts clicking the buttons and sat in shock when it said I had a home.  Talk about one loud "weeeeeeeh" scream in my house. I hope luck smiles on you soon and gives you that lucky break as well. 😉

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going to post this here from a notecard that was sent out last night in one of the Bellisseria groups. Perhaps it'll help some.

How to get a Linden Home using Auto Refresh Plus

Instructions for how to use Auto Refresh Plus to get a new Linden Home.

To start, you will need to use the Google Chrome web browser.
If you do not have it, you can find it here: https://www.google.com/chrome/

Once you have Google Chrome installed, install the Auto Refresh Plugin found here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh-plus/ohfjpkccecpdfkpmfocndhepolhljfhg?hl=en

Once installed, go to your Linden Home sign-up page located here: https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

Name your parcel: You can enter your name at the bottom of the page and select Next. You can then hit the back button on your browser and the name will be saved. This will save you time later when you go to claim a house.

There will be a small blue box icon on the top right of the browser. Click that icon.

Click the gear icon on the menu that pops up. That will take you to the options page.

Check the box to Enable Random Interval.

Under the section that says Page Monitor, Check the box that says Enable This Feature.

In the box for Default Target Text, enter Bellisseria

Under Play Sound, you can choose to have it play a sound, and there is a volume slider.
Below that is an option for sound length.

Click the Save button.

Go to your Linden Home sign-up page located here: https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

There will be a small blue box icon on the top right of the browser. Click that icon.

Check the Random Interval button, and enter a Min of 2 Seconds and a Max of 5 seconds.

Click the Use Default button under the Page Monitor section.

Hit the Start button.

The page will refresh until the word Bellisseria is found. 

Click Next, then click the check box to agree on the next page. Press the Accept button. If you have been lucky, you will then have a new home.

If the home is not available, do not worry. There are many people trying this all the time, and you may miss a few houses before grabbing one. Everyone will get a chance at a home.

I hope this helps, and welcome you to the community. Feel free to ask in the Bellisseria Community group for advice if you have trouble.

Note: This is not a guarantee, just some helpful tips that have worked for many others.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

I have run in to the issue of it being on the drop-down as well, which is why I no longer use it at times between homes. I take my chances on the keyboard smash. I know prior they always came up when it was filled in, then some time around when the houseboats larger area was released it went to having to go in to the pull down. I've heard mixed as of recent, but people always suggesting to fill in a name prior.. considering the names of some parcels newly claimed in the new areas(long names), it does likely work for some and not for others.

Once you get your parcel, you can change the parcel name again to something more suitable. Heard some just mashed the keys like this kdski and hit next 😄

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Once you get your parcel, you can chance the parcel name again to something more suitable. Heard some just mashed the keys like this kdski and hit next 😄

Yep, that's how I always do it. Keyboard smash and just name it when I get it. 😃

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am a premium member, but i dont think it is possible for me  to get some linden home. I have look every 10 minutes my awake and workfree time. But I can see the most of the new is already out. So I think i will never get one. I am sleeping or at work when they let them out i think

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Veliciana said:

I am a premium member, but i dont think it is possible for me  to get some linden home. I have look every 10 minutes my awake and workfree time. But I can see the most of the new is already out. So I think i will never get one. I am sleeping or at work when they let them out i think

 

Right now, it favours people who can be around all the time. Give it time and that won't be the case, because the overall number of houses will be high and people will move around the different themes. That could be a year or two, but that's a lot shorter than never.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cleve Byron said:

This is a process which heavily favors those who are able to camp in front of a computer and just happen to be on line and able to pounce at just the right moment.

This process has been thoroughly screwed up by SL's management. Yes I could accept that my premium membership allows me to claim one of the old homes but by doing so, I'm out of the loop for when a very, very tiny number of one of the new ones are released so in order to have even a minuscule chance at a new one, I have to remain homeless and practically glued to my computer. That's not possible for me.

 

So, the major benefit of a premium membership, which is either land ownership or an included linden home isn't reasonably available. Anyone who's checked the available 1024 land auction lots is well aware that these lots are usually in very undesirable locations, surrounded by hideously ugly clutter, and of course the up-front cost of buying one is usually pretty expensive.

These new linden homes are a big improvement but releasing them before there was adequate inventory to meet demand was a huge error and a bad disservice to those of us who pay for premium membership. It's been rather badly handled and has meant that far too many of us who are paying real money for an in world perk aren't getting even close to our money's worth. That's bad, bad business on the part of Second Life.

Well said.  The roll out of the new homes has left me a bit frustrated with LL.  I am hoping (though I don't place too much confidence in it) LL is learning as they go and will improve this process over the next several months.   And I'm hoping that EVERY premium member who wants a new linden home is able to get one soon.

Sadly, I find myself more than a bit annoyed with people who were fortunate enough to get one of the homes, but can't seem to empathize with those who didn't.  It does not endear me to the notion of participating in the 'community' when some of the 'haves' can't seem to fathom why the 'have nots' are dissatisfied.  Or when they try to convince the 'have nots' that it's their own fault , or that they can always have one of the old homes, or that the terms of service are being met, blah blah blah.  Simple good wishes, if not empathy, would be better than the thinly veiled snobbery I'm witnessing on some of these threads.

To the OP - I'm glad you asked this question.  LL should have made it more clear that the process of getting a new linden home isn't different than the process for getting an old linden home.  It was very kind of LittleMe Jewel to post such good instructions.  It would be wonderful if LL considered making the website more manageable for visually impaired users - i hope it's on their long list of things to do :) 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

even with auto-refresh installed it would be impossible for anyone with a visual impairment like the OP, any kind of motor issue, or even just a laggy connection, to hit the right buttons fast enough to get a place in Bellisseria right now. too many people chasing a tiny number of available homes. also, of course, the more people using auto-refresh the more difficult it becomes for those who don't have the option of installing extensions on their work browser, or their phone. (yes, i bagged my houseboat on a phone, wouldn't even bother attempting that now.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

The roll out of the new homes has left me a bit frustrated with LL.  I am hoping (though I don't place too much confidence in it) LL is learning as they go and will improve this process over the next several months. 

I think they are trying to make things better.  Changing to releasing individual regions pretty much as they get ready is a response to people asking specifically for that.  I think everyone just didn't anticipate how that would ultimately play out.  I have no doubt that Patch is sitting back there trying to figure out how to make it all easier on everyone, the residents and LL.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

i've beeen trying, why don't they put people's names on a big list when it comes available you can be notified instead of this mess? I've not a chance. LOL! Prob next summer I'll get one then I'll have to pay for another year's worth and if I haven't got one before it is up I will cancel it. :(

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2019 at 12:45 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Note that the larger (maybe August? We don't know) release will be trailers (you can see them at SL16B on the demo sim).  These - according to Patch -- will be on 512 lots with 175 li, not the 1024 lots of the traditional houses.

 

Getting one of the current tiny release homes is very difficult. 17 plots or so on most of the regions this week's releases and most were gone in three seconds - a larger release in 7 seconds.  I can't even CLICK in three seconds.   So if you are wanting a 1024 lot it may be well into Fall before the next style (and big release) comes out. THEN you will have a better chance.  

 

You and a few thousand people are all in the same boat so you have lots of company.  Sorry.  

Honest question... why would people want the trailers with half the prim allotment and everything when the new traditional homes have double the land space and prim allotment? I personally feel like it's not getting your money's worth if you're settling for half of what you could have. Why don't they just give the trailers the same space and prims as the traditional homes? It'd make more sense. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Honest question... why would people want the trailers with half the prim allotment and everything when the new traditional homes have double the land space and prim allotment? I personally feel like it's not getting your money's worth if you're settling for half of what you could have. Why don't they just give the trailers the same space and prims as the traditional homes? It'd make more sense. 

Some people want to use that spare 512 on Mainland, like for a shop. It's great that LL is offering smaller parcels for those who don't want to spend their 1024 on just one spot. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Honest question... why would people want the trailers with half the prim allotment and everything when the new traditional homes have double the land space and prim allotment? I personally feel like it's not getting your money's worth if you're settling for half of what you could have. Why don't they just give the trailers the same space and prims as the traditional homes? It'd make more sense. 

Because I'm not going to rest until I can recreate this look down to the last detail.

t-swift2.jpg.323293fccd01112012f4970696cd5832.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Some people want to use that spare 512 on Mainland, like for a shop. It's great that LL is offering smaller parcels for those who don't want to spend their 1024 on just one spot. 

I never really thought about it that way. I don't create so that's probably why I didn't think much of it, I suppose. Although a gacha shop I wouldn't have to pay tier for would be nice... granted I just rent out a Table at the treasure trove now.... Hm... interesting idea.! Ty for pointing it out 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AlyceAdrift said:

I never really thought about it that way. I don't create so that's probably why I didn't think much of it, I suppose. Although a gacha shop I wouldn't have to pay tier for would be nice... granted I just rent out a Table at the treasure trove now.... Hm... interesting idea.! Ty for pointing it out 

It didn't occur to me either (not being a seller of anything) until someone else mentioned it somewhere in these threads. It does seem like a pretty cool option to be able to have a LH and free space for a shop as well!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It didn't occur to me either (not being a seller of anything) until someone else mentioned it somewhere in these threads. It does seem like a pretty cool option to be able to have a LH and free space for a shop as well!

Although... It'd also be nice if we were possibly allowed to set up stuff like that in our yard, like a yard sale day or something where we all could go to each other's houses like a real yard sale and pick up gachas and stuff from one another.... Right? Not necessarily commercial like an actual store, just something low key that wouldn't be like owning a shop in your house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AlyceAdrift said:

I pray you don't catch it on fire though 😅😅

It's going to be like a little show... every day at a certain time I will light the flames and sip Cosmos in my pool while looking flawless! 

"What's that? Ooooooh... it's 5:00. Beth is burning her trailer down again."

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Although... It'd also be nice if we were possibly allowed to set up stuff like that in our yard, like a yard sale day or something where we all could go to each other's houses like a real yard sale and pick up gachas and stuff from one another.... Right? Not necessarily commercial like an actual store, just something low key that wouldn't be like owning a shop in your house.

No, because I would spend all my money. I don't need temptation right next door! lol  

(I have a feeling that in time, LL will set up some sort of community event where people can set up their yard sale tables. Something Patch said a while back, though I don't recall at the moment which thread it was in. Stay tuned!)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

No, because I would spend all my money. I don't need temptation right next door! lol  

(I have a feeling that in time, LL will set up some sort of community event where people can set up their yard sale tables. Something Patch said a while back, though I don't recall at the moment which thread it was in. Stay tuned!)

That sounds like an awesome idea. I wonder though, if enough people wanted it, would they make a plot of the trailers with the full 1024 and the 351 allotment because if I were to do something small like that, I'd want to deck it out as much as I could. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...