How to find new linden homes/where to sign up *pulling hair out!!*

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I signed up for what i thought was a linden home it was the OLD ones and now i am stuck with an old one. I was waiting to go premium until new ones come out. Please help. if this was already addressed, i'm sorry but there's SOO many pages and i couldn't find it!!! :( Thx. 

i just thought there was a specific place to go for that, why don't LL take the old house thing off, or give it as an option, i'm still lost. :o  idk where to look to find it im visually impaired i see half the screen at one time, i just was hoping there is a specific link.

2 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

i just thought there was a specific place to go for that, why don't LL take the old house thing off, or give it as an option, i'm still lost. :o  idk where to look to find it im visually impaired i see half the screen at one time, i just was hoping there is a specific link.

There have been a few bigger releases and now they have changed it to small releases on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. So everyone trying is watching in the Bellisseria Citizen & Community groups IN sl to see when Patch pops up to say there will be a release (around a time frame). They are not currently giving ultra specific releasse info because things can go wrong on the technical end. 

Literally the best thing to do is be vigilant and be online to watch those two chat groups. And of course, refresh when you can on the land page. But, you will have to abandon your current home (if it's an old model) to GET a new one. 

And yep, definitely read the thread that karyn posted above. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

Ok i can try to see if i could find it :)

On a good note, if you're struggling to grab a new home in these smaller releases, they are very challenging, there will be another large release in the next month or two, so people like myself and you and others that can't quite get the pages to do the magic and have the time needed to click and checkmark all the right buttons and boxes, you'll have a larger window of opportunity on the next large (many regions) release. Probably before the end of summer (maybe sooner).  Patch Linden usually gives a 24 hour notice on those types of releases.

Edited by PrudenceAnton

Note that the larger (maybe August? We don't know) release will be trailers (you can see them at SL16B on the demo sim).  These - according to Patch -- will be on 512 lots with 175 li, not the 1024 lots of the traditional houses.

Getting one of the current tiny release homes is very difficult. 17 plots or so on most of the regions this week's releases and most were gone in three seconds - a larger release in 7 seconds.  I can't even CLICK in three seconds.   So if you are wanting a 1024 lot it may be well into Fall before the next style (and big release) comes out. THEN you will have a better chance.  

You and a few thousand people are all in the same boat so you have lots of company.  Sorry.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jaide Beck said:

You are very unfortunate. The "I accept" button is tiny, and you need to react fast as lightning.

It was many houses and boats abandoned roughly a week ago. I don't know why. My guess was that they were premium, and thought it became too expensive after 24. June.

I wish LL would change the page where we sign up for homes, so it is more user friendly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You are very unfortunate. The "I accept" button is tiny, and you need to react fast as lightning.

It was many houses and boats abandoned roughly a week ago. I don't know why. My guess was that they were premium, and thought it became too expensive after 24. June.

I wish LL would change the page where we sign up for homes, so it is more user friendly.

I agree, idk where the button is and idk where to click on. I'm so lost. I got premium for the more exp price because i wanted a house so much, but i'm starting to wonder if I made a good decision. :( 

1 minute ago, Jaide Beck said:

I agree, idk where the button is and idk where to click on. I'm so lost. I got premium for the more exp price because i wanted a house so much, but i'm starting to wonder if I made a good decision. :( 

You can enlarge the text so you are confident where the buttons are? Even I, who have no problems with my eyes, had to train 2 days, so my cursor goes automatic to the right place. I was lost before, had no chance to click before it was too late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

Sorry i thought you meant there was a button to get a house. OH my goodness. I've been in sl since 2007 and I feel like a noob. O_O Being a noob is ok, but when you've been here for over 12 years.. 😛

You go to the exact same place you went to, to get the house you have now. If and when a new home is available, it will show up there.

3 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

Oh, ok, ahaha i feel kinda mixed up, but it will be ok eventually. :) Thanks :D 

You will need to have 1024 sq m land allowance free in order to see the available homes, and you can't own more than one Linden home at a time, so I don't believe you'll be able to see them while you own your current Linden home. 

ETA: I suppose you only need 512 sq m free once the campers are released, but same goes as far as owning more than one Linden home at a time. You'll have to abandon the one you have first.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

25 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

Sorry i thought you meant there was a button to get a house. OH my goodness. I've been in sl since 2007 and I feel like a noob. O_O Being a noob is ok, but when you've been here for over 12 years.. 😛

Jaide, I know the feeling!!! After trying for weeks and weeks, I've decided to wait for the larger release and in the meantime, enjoy walking around the Belliseria continent and the SBL16 sim

• Sad 1

In case it hasn't all gotten cleared up for you -- first go to this page:  https://secondlife.com/my and click the "Get Your Home Now" button on the right side

image.png.bab2ab24568e0ba30cd3a19991342423.png

That puts you on the "Customize Your Home" page, where you will see types of houses to select.  Personally, I'd just bookmark/favorite that page to make getting there a bit quicker and easier.  When there are actually some of the new homes available, they will typically show first and where you now see Meadowbrook, you should see Bellisseria:

image.png.aa56272c503a9f9d1266e1dcb2286703.png

When you see Bellisseria, the middle section will show a House and/or a Houseboat, depending on what is available.  If the type you want is available, the you click it, then provide a Name (best is to just mash your fingers on the keyboard to fill in at least 5 random characters as quickly as possible -- you can rename it inworld later), and then click the "Next" button:

image.png.f45ffa84f0bf46554d3b74c083213a5d.png

The next page is where you Accept the Terms.  Click the tiny check box in the lower right and then click the 'Accept' button. 

image.png.dc587b24f3d958c0bfbad24bcfab4de6.png

This is where many people get beaten out in the process -- someone else clicks through the screens faster and they get the home you were trying to get. Depending on which screen you are at if that happens, you'll get a Sold Out or one of a few other messages - that all basically mean you didn't get the home.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In case it hasn't all gotten cleared up for you -- first go to this page:  https://secondlife.com/my and click the "Get Your Home Now" button on the right side

image.png.bab2ab24568e0ba30cd3a19991342423.png

That puts you on the "Customize Your Home" page, where you will see types of houses to select.  Personally, I'd just bookmark/favorite that page to make getting there a bit quicker and easier.  When there are actually some of the new homes available, they will typically show first and where you now see Meadowbrook, you should see Bellisseria:

image.png.aa56272c503a9f9d1266e1dcb2286703.png

When you see Bellisseria, the middle section will show a House and/or a Houseboat, depending on what is available.  If the type you want is available, the you click it, then provide a Name (best is to just mash your fingers on the keyboard to fill in at least 5 random characters as quickly as possible -- you can rename it inworld later), and then click the "Next" button:

image.png.f45ffa84f0bf46554d3b74c083213a5d.png

The next page is where you Accept the Terms.  Click the tiny check box in the lower right and then click the 'Accept' button. 

image.png.dc587b24f3d958c0bfbad24bcfab4de6.png

This is where many people get beaten out in the process -- someone else clicks through the screens faster and they get the home you were trying to get. Depending on which screen you are at if that happens, you'll get a Sold Out or one of a few other messages - that all basically mean you didn't get the home.

The tiny "I agree" tab is the worst one!

And filling out the name takes to long time. Name your home, select Meadowbrook, but go back after you click "next". The name you selected should stay put in "Name your home" and ready for the Bellisseria home when/if it comes up one.

Saves you for typing in random letters or numbers. You can click "next" directly. Every second counts.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And filling out the name takes to long time. Name your home, select Meadowbrook, but go back after you click "next". The name you selected should stay put in "Name your home" and ready for the Bellisseria home when/if it comes up one.

Saves you for typing in random letters or numbers. You can click "next" directly. Every second counts.

The caveat here is that myself and quite a few others ran into the issue that once the name was filled in for Meadowbrook and I advanced to the next page and then went back, every time I refreshed the page Meadowbrook was always shown even when Bellisseria was available.  I had to actually click the drop down and select Bellissaria to get it to be the default again.

I know that many people did not encounter that, but lots did.  Maybe it depends on the exact browser being used or ... who knows what.  It is something to remember though as a few of us thought that there were no Bellissaria lots available because it did not show them first, but they were in the drop down for selection.  

That is why I've been hesitant to tell new folks to pre-name the parcel with Meadowbrook and go to the next page to get it saved.  It might not work for everyone the way we expect it to.

• Like 4

This is a process which heavily favors those who are able to camp in front of a computer and just happen to be on line and able to pounce at just the right moment.

This process has been thoroughly screwed up by SL's management. Yes I could accept that my premium membership allows me to claim one of the old homes but by doing so, I'm out of the loop for when a very, very tiny number of one of the new ones are released so in order to have even a minuscule chance at a new one, I have to remain homeless and practically glued to my computer. That's not possible for me.

So, the major benefit of a premium membership, which is either land ownership or an included linden home isn't reasonably available. Anyone who's checked the available 1024 land auction lots is well aware that these lots are usually in very undesirable locations, surrounded by hideously ugly clutter, and of course the up-front cost of buying one is usually pretty expensive.

These new linden homes are a big improvement but releasing them before there was adequate inventory to meet demand was a huge error and a bad disservice to those of us who pay for premium membership. It's been rather badly handled and has meant that far too many of us who are paying real money for an in world perk aren't getting even close to our money's worth. That's bad, bad business on the part of Second Life.

4 minutes ago, cleve Byron said:

This is a process which heavily favors those who are able to camp in front of a computer and just happen to be on line and able to pounce at just the right moment.

It's a lottery at the moment. You don't have to camp though.

4 minutes ago, cleve Byron said:

an included linden home

You can get a linden home, just not the one you want (yet)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.