Who else checks for new linden homes everyday?

Cahtias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, AutumnFyreRayne said:

i'm seriously confused as to how people are finding out that these few homes are even available when they pop up...can someone walk me through the process of knowing??? i know i know...noob question 😜

They wouldn*t pop up if they weren't available!

Just try to grab them ... if you get it you're lucky ... if not someone else was quicker!

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

They wouldn*t pop up if they weren't available!

Just try to grab them ... if you get it you're lucky ... if not someone else was quicker!

that's not what i'm understanding....obviously people are knowing when they are available and that's what i'm trying to figure out...is there a group in world that i should be in? cause even on the sl web page, it shows no other regions other than the ones with the older homes and i don't have an LL house. I gave mine up thinking that the newer regions would at least show up on the option and just not the ability to select if it's full..

42 minutes ago, AutumnFyreRayne said:

that's not what i'm understanding....obviously people are knowing when they are available and that's what i'm trying to figure out...is there a group in world that i should be in? cause even on the sl web page, it shows no other regions other than the ones with the older homes and i don't have an LL house. I gave mine up thinking that the newer regions would at least show up on the option and just not the ability to select if it's full..

When one of the new ones becomes available -- because LL released another region or someone abandoned their home -- then the new ones will show on that page.  The new ones do not show up if nothing is available.

Many people have installed an auto-refresh add on to their browser and set it to refresh every few seconds and look for the word Bellisseria on the page.  They then get notified that a new home is available and they can then click through the screens trying to claim it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

6 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

It would be an automated process

Which would require someone to first code that and then test it like crazy, which requires developer/tester hours that have to be prioritized along with all of their other projects that are already in the pipeline.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When one of the new ones becomes available -- because LL released another region or someone abandoned their home -- then the new ones will show on that page.  The new ones do not show up if nothing is available.

Many people have installed an auto-refresh add on to their browser and set it to refresh every few seconds and look for the word Bellisseria on the page.  They then get notified that a new home is available and they can then click through the screens trying to claim it.

and THAT'S the info i was looking for! Thank you so much for your help @LittleMe Jewell!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AutumnFyreRayne said:

I did see earlier tonight that people were mentioning in one of the Bellisseria groups (I won't say which) that houses would be released at 7 a.m. today. I had to remind them that, unless they're privy to information the rest of us don't know about, that's not exactly true.

According to Patch not that long ago there weren't going to be official release times announced for the regions that we're seeing mid-week (being Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays for these region releases). They happen when they happen. Sometimes, lately, it's all over before anyone else knows and the houses have all been claimed. It's true that the last few releases have happened at around that time, but the times are subject to change. Listening to people who tell you they know can also lead to further frustrations.

Just do what many do; keep trying as often as you can, even on days where regions aren't officially being released. Houses and houseboats are still being abandoned sporadically. You might be lucky to catch one of them. :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH

2 hours ago, AutumnFyreRayne said:

i'm seriously confused as to how people are finding out that these few homes are even available when they pop up...can someone walk me through the process of knowing??? i know i know...noob question 😜

By pressing F5 every 2 seconds or with Auto Refresh Plus or other automatic refreshers. ;)

Edited by AngieRath
Oh, lag in the forum!

• 5 months later...

Yes, I know this is an ancient thread. The most recent update I've found is here, in this NOW CLOSED thread.

Maybe LL's goal is to get people to interact more in the process of getting these newer homes, in order to generate more community in the region where the homes are. But for people who can't sift through all the old threads, maybe LL could post more information on how to get one of the newer Linden homes on this page - or a link to a clear update:

https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

Good luck with all the releases guys and gals!

Edited by rmarie Beedit
adding information
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rmarie Beedit said:

The most recent update I've found is here, in this NOW CLOSED thread.

Actually, that thread has always been locked.  Patch updates it with new release info when there is info to give and sometimes with other info pertaining to the homes or continent.

Many of us try to keep the thread that Rolig linked bumped up enough to keep it on the first page, but that doesn't always work.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, that thread has always been locked.  Patch updates it with new release info when there is info to give and sometimes with other info pertaining to the homes or continent.

Many of us try to keep the thread that Rolig linked bumped up enough to keep it on the first page, but that doesn't always work.  

Yes, that official tread has alays been locked, so no one else than Lindens can post there. That thread is only for information.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.