Jump to content
MzPenny

blank

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

MP has wearable lawn chairs, wearable beach towels, wearable tents, and even wearable BBQ grills. No rez rights needed, and they use none of the limited available LI. Everyone can just wear their own and no need to worry about litter or clean up afterward. 

Wearable items limits usability: You cannot sit on something someone is wearing, you cannot collide with something someone is wearing and you won't always see what someone is wearing (cause avatar complexity settings). Added bonus is that many givers uses temp-attach, you need rez for that to work too, making the area even less limiting on what you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seba Serpente said:

Wearable items limits usability: You cannot sit on something someone is wearing, you cannot collide with something someone is wearing and you won't always see what someone is wearing (cause avatar complexity settings). Added bonus is that many givers uses temp-attach, you need rez for that to work too, making the area even less limiting on what you can do.

Yes, I do understand how wearable items function. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

this doesnt applies for all the regions, there are many regions with plenty of available prims (mostly coastline regions), is all about planning, but prims is certainly not an excuse.

Apparently, the moles feel that it is a sufficient reason, since they have already explained it (as Lil pointed out). I'm sure they will be interested in your expert advice, though. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

this doesnt applies for all the regions, there are many regions with plenty of available prims (mostly coastline regions), is all about planning, but prims is certainly not an excuse.

Actually, one of the Moles or Lindens mentioned that on many coastline areas they have to be more careful because of all the watercraft that is now coming and going.  At any given moment there are often more boats puttering around out there than cars driving through regions or planes flying through regions.

LI most definitely is an excuse.  You would not like to be the home owner that tried to change house / houseboat styles only to find that there wasn't enough LI to do so.

For the areas where there are less homes/houseboats and thus more available LI, that is where the Moles put in a lot of the rezz zones that people asked for.

So many folks seem to think that they know better than the Moles how to do their job and then assume that the Moles are lying to us about their reasons for doing things a certain way.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

Moles are certainly not know-it-all gods.

You'd be surprize to know that there are community members that know much more about the platform than many employees and contractors. Moles are not required to be experts on everything or know about everything.

Since so many people want more rezz areas, if you have a way of setting them up and still GUARANTEE that LI is available for whatever it needs to be available for, then I am sure the Moles would be very appreciative of such a suggestion.  Thus, I'd recommend dropping one or two of them a notecard with your suggestions.  If they truly are plausible, I do not doubt that the Moles would use the suggestions, because they really are trying hard to please us on this new continent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rentable picnic areas are a possibility. You pay, say, $5L for 4 hours of rental, and then you can rez up to some number of prims. There are parking meters in SL which let you rent a parking space by the hour. It's just like a rental box, but for short periods. Same concept would work for picnic areas.

I've suggested a LSL call to extend autoreturn time. I was thinking of this for parking lot management - your vehicle stays around as long as your avi is nearby. "Free parking while shopping at ..." A backup long time limit, hours, would prevent moving in with a camper.

The Builder's Brewery sandbox works something like that. Every hour, on the hour, they return any object whose owner is not present. Once a day, they do that even if the owner is present.

So there are practical ways to have shared public areas that allow rezzing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, animats said:

Rentable picnic areas are a possibility. You pay, say, $5L for 4 hours of rental, and then you can rez up to some number of prims. There are parking meters in SL which let you rent a parking space by the hour. It's just like a rental box, but for short periods. Same concept would work for picnic areas.

I've suggested a LSL call to extend autoreturn time. I was thinking of this for parking lot management - your vehicle stays around as long as your avi is nearby. "Free parking while shopping at ..." A backup long time limit, hours, would prevent moving in with a camper.

The Builder's Brewery sandbox works something like that. Every hour, on the hour, they return any object whose owner is not present. Once a day, they do that even if the owner is present.

So there are practical ways to have shared public areas that allow rezzing.

We already pay premium, no point in paying for these things. It'd make more sense to ask a mole to create these items with attachment props or see if they could possibly cut the parcel so that those wanting to picnic there are able to and only allow something like 150 prim max to be rezzed say for a 2 hour auto return or something, on that cut public parcel so people don't abuse it and suffer the region of a heavy does of LI overload. (I had a typo overload on this post, see how easy it is to have chaos if things aren't well controlled?) 🥺

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

We already pay premium, no point in paying for these things. It'd make more sense to ask a mole to create these items with attachment props or see if they could possibly cut the parcel so that those wanting to picnic there are able to and only allow something like 150 prim max to be rezzed on that cut our public parcel so people don't about it and suffer the region of a heavy does of LI overload.

Yeah, they'd definitely have to cut and separate the parcels and put really tight limits on them.  Tis doable, but given all the other whining discussion on the forums about homes, I would personally not spare a single Mole for this right now, but instead keep as many as possible focused on creating and finishing more regions to be released.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, they'd definitely have to cut and separate the parcels and put really tight limits on them.  Tis doable, but given all the other whining discussion on the forums about homes, I would personally not spare a single Mole for this right now, but instead keep as many as possible focused on creating and finishing more regions to be released.

You're on the mark again with your point, Jewell. I want a home myself, so I feel this can wait until their priority projects are nearer to completion for the demands and want of linden homes.  I've learned to modify and improvise items I own to get the use out of them, I'm desiring.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

We already pay premium, no point in paying for these things. It'd make more sense to ask a mole to create these items with attachment props or see if they could possibly cut the parcel so that those wanting to picnic there are able to and only allow something like 150 prim max to be rezzed say for a 2 hour auto return or something, on that cut public parcel so people don't abuse it and suffer the region of a heavy does of LI overload. (I had a typo overload on this post, see how easy it is to have chaos if things aren't well controlled?) 🥺

After considering this, I do like it but I also worry about those camper types that would sit on these items and never leave, thus not allowing others to enjoy the benefit. Things that make you go humm? 🤔 (To avoid this, LL would have to create a private Bellisseria land group for current residents only and that would be a nightmare to manage, unless it can auto detect newly released land and boot the resident out of the group?  Maybe the kindest thing to do is ask a mole for these desired entertainment items.)

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also got the impression at the Meet the Moles talk that the Fairgrounds were going to be available to rent at some point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

I also got the impression at the Meet the Moles talk that the Fairgrounds were going to be available to rent at some point.

Yeah, they are working on getting some sort of system set up - though both of the Bellisseria main groups (Community and Citizens) are already scheduled for independence day/weekend celebrations. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...